Sunday, October 1, 2017

Surprise Everyone


It's me everyone with some surprising news. It's finished. You're thinking now what the heck is he talking about? I'm talking about my autobiographical book called Williamsburg. Now what did you just say Barry about a book? Yes I said my autobiographical book all about little old me. Well I'm not so little at six foot tall. My book will take you from my humble beginnings in Williamsburg Brooklyn to LA, Palm Springs and back to Brooklyn Heights. Now I was reminded once again of what John F. Kennedy once said. "We can't know where we're going until we know where we've been." I liked that quote a lot. I also used it during my1987-1989  Big Fun Tour de Force and Barry Manilow Live On Broadway Tours. So it got me to thinking that maybe I needed to finish my life story back here in my home borough of Brooklyn. You're joking Barry aren't you?. No I'm not joking everyone. I have been writing  my autobiography. I used the coffee table photo book as a ruse. Mainly to keep you off track from my true intentions. Which was to finally write my autobiography and tell you everything about me within reason. Thanks to the Carolyn Long who gave me the six pairs of Jockey brand underwear while I was on tour this summer.  My mom always told me to wear clean underwear everyday. Which I do. I did put up a short list of cities where I'm doing book signing. New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Antonio. While I'm down in San Antonio me and my partners and I are going to formally announce our musical At The Mayflower's first regional run next year in March and April at The Majestic Theatre. Then on my way back home I'll stop back in Philadelphia with my partners to announce At The Mayflower's second regional run September and October at The Forrest Theatre. Above is the final cover of my autobiography My Brooklyn Blues. Brian's autobiography Sweet Life (Adventures on the way to paradise.) was published by McGraw Hill. My autobiography Williamsburg  is being published by Simon and Schuster. I will be also doing radio shows in New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Antonio to promote my book. Then while I'm up in Montreal for the two New Years Eve show I'll be doing a book signing at Indigo Bookstore. The BMIFC opened up twenty-five more slots for their second annual holiday convention in Montreal. Last year was the first ever BMIFC holiday convention in New York City. That was while I was doing two New Years Eve shows at Madison Square Garden. Next years BMIFC holiday convention will take place in London. I'll be spending two weeks in London doing some holiday shows at Royal Albert Hall.  The show will be Sunday December 23rd thru Saturday January 6th. Yes I know it's way to early for this but start thinking where you'd like the BMIFC to have their third holiday convention in 2019. So whatever city you suggest the BMIFC has their holiday convention is where I'll be doing my shows. One of Carly's Barry Buddies was being very cute. Her buddy Rita suggested "Only In Chicago" for two weeks at the Chicago Theatre. So if I pick Chicago the dates would be Sunday December 22nd thru Saturday January 4th.  Then I asked Carly where she thought I should do some holiday shows. Her response was why not do your holiday shows in Brooklyn. You've really never done any shows in Brooklyn before Carly said. You know Carly is right I've never preformed in Brooklyn before. So that sounds like a great idea. Carly said three nights would plenty. Two nights for every fan and one night for BMIFC members only. Then she mentioned that show should be fans get to pick the set list. Then afterwards there would be a Q&A with me and my songwriting partners. We would each get to pick a song we like then we explain how we came to write that song. Then me, the band and backup singers do the song. I'm really starting to like Carly's idea. Now Carly looked at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge for our reception. She said that hotel would be perfect for the holiday convention hotel. The hotel has 637 guest rooms and 28 suites. Also it's close to the Barclay Center where I would do the three shows Sunday December 29th, Sunday December 30th and Tuesday December 31st 2019. When Carly suggested the concert and Q&A with my songwriting partners I was reminded again that I had wanted to invite my partners over for Christmas. Carly's parents go to visit their daughter in Seattle or one of their two grandsons for Christmas. One grandson lives in San Diego the other grandson lives in Chicago. Other times everyone goes down to Mesa Arizona where Carly's parents now live. Carly said we have enough room for the partners coming from out of town. Both Bruce Sussman and Jack Feldman live across the east river in Manhattan. They and their partners can take the subway to Brooklyn Heights where we live. Everyone else lives in California. Enoch Anderson lives in Malibu, Marty Panzer lives in Venice Beach. While Adrienne Anderson lives up in Mill Valley. I'm going to let you all go for now. See some of you during my five city book signing tour.
Love,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment