Monday, October 30, 2017

Google+ Post 2018 Schedule Revision

Hi Gang It's me Barry once again. There's been a revision in next years 2018 schedule.  Some new things have been added. January Benefit Anti Bulling concert with other artists at O2 London. Book
signing for Williamsburg autobiography in some cities through the UK. . Williamsburg Tour two nights at the O2. June  album and book signing for Williamsburg album and signing for Williamsburg autobiography. Signing albums and books in all the Australian and New Zealand cities I'm doing concerts in.  Last year while I was doing five nights at Red Rocks Amphitheater the Saturday and Sunday night concerts were going to be audio and video taped for a four disc box set containing two CD's and two DVD's. However my sound guy Ken Newman had  emergency gallbladder surgery. So we canceled the tapings. I still want to do the audio and video taping. So next August I'm doing two nights at the Ravinia Festival. That's Tuesday August 28th and Wednesday August 29th. Tickets for those two concerts will go on sale in January. More later on the exact date the tickets will go sale.
 As for 2019 I some ideas for things I want to do. One is a duets album. I can hear the peanut gallery groaning right now. A duets album Barry are you nuts? No I'm not nuts. Right now I'm writing songs with some of my favorite female singer songwriters. Alanis Morrissette, Alicia Keys, Bonnie Raitt, Carol King, Corinne Bailey Rae, Cyndi Lauper, Gwen Stefani, Joni Mitchell, K.D. Lang, Lisa Loeb, Melissa Manchester, Sarah McLachlan, Sheryl Crow and Tracy Chapman are the songwriters I'm writing with. I may also do some concerts in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Iceland and Greenland. Now the really big news for 2019 Harmony is being turned into a movie musical. Yes you heard me. Harmony is coming to the big screen in early 2020. Now Bruce
Sussman and me are writing a few more songs for our musical Harmony. So starting in September  2019 Bruce and are headed off to Berlin Germany for the start of  filming. The location shoots for the movie will be Berlin Germany, London England, New York New York and Hollywood California. Bruce and I are over the moon about this. Never did either one of us think that Harmony would ever become a movie musical for the big screen. When I told Garry about this he said "Oscars here comes Barry Manilow and Bruce Sussman. Harmony definitely Oscar worthy." We shall see Garry. I'm not holing my breath neither is Bruce. The rest of my partners Adrienne, Enoch, Jack and Marty are so thrilled for me and Bruce. Once Harmony is finished there will be two premier opening nights. One will take place in New York City and the other in Berlin Germany. Bruce and I are inviting The Comedian Harmonists relatives to both premiers. All of them came to New York City when Harmony opened on Broadway back in 2006. They loved our musical. Let me get going. Road trip Hurricane Irma Benefit concerts. See you somewhere down the road in the cities we're performing in.
Love and sloppy wet kisses,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment