Monday, February 19, 2018

Text Message

Carly got a text message from her Barry Buddy Rita. Rita mentioned that Brian Murphy announced on his Facebook page that he was doing Wolf Trap in Vienna Virginia for two nights Friday June 8th and Saturday June 9th. Fans who like Shirley's Facebook page were wondering what happened to Las Vegas. Brian Murphy was supposedly going to announce Las Vegas real soon. That was something the Review Journal's Katz posted in his entertainment column. Brain said he wanted to go back to Las Vegas. I just got a text message from Rita Carly told Barry.  Rita said Brian Murphy is doing Wolf Trap in Vienna Virginia in June for two nights. That's Friday June eighth and Saturday June  ninth.
Fans over at Shirley's Facebook page for you were wondering why Brian Murphy hadn't announced his Westgate dates yet. Some of your fans are also Brian Murphy fans. That's why those fans over on Shirley's Facebook page are wondering why Brian hasn't announced Las Vegas yet. Rita did check
a ticket site that  has tickets on sale for Westgate shows. They have shows on sale for Clint Holmes and Earl Turner, Dirk Arthur and Sexy. But nothing for Brian Murphy and Dee Snyder's musical.  Who knows why Brian Murphy hasn't announced his Westgate run yet. Barry and Carly were met at the Portland Amtrak train station by Garry and Denise.  Garry and Denise took Barry and Carly to their house. Now tomorrow afternoon we're going to a Portland winery for a wine tasting said Garry. Now that sounds fine to me said Barry. Once they got to Garry and Denise's house Garry showed them to the guest bedroom. Barry brought with him the DVD of him on stage with Tears For Fears singing their song Shout with them. He actually made Garry a copy of the original video tape. Next week I'll have to take you and Carly to my newest venture said Garry.  Now what have you gotten yourself into said Barry. I've started my own Craft Brewery company. It's called GCK American Ale said Garry.   Can we carry this in my 1943 British American Gastro Pub's asked Barry. Garry said sure you can carry it in your gastro pubs.  By the way I'm going to be on the June cover issue of GQ said Barry. I know my fans have been wanting me on the cover of GQ for a longtime.  I just sent  Cyndi Lauper's Joni Mitchell album to the mastering studios. Cyndi and I did two duets on the album. Chelsea Morning and River said Barry. By the way David Taylor has gotten me a two month run on Broadway at the Cort Theatre for September and October. Carly heard from her Barry Buddy Abby that Brian Murphy wanted to do another Broadway run. He one in nineteen seventy six/nineteen seventy seven at the Uris Theatre and in two thousand thirteen at the St. James. I've only done one stint on Broadway at the Gershwin Theatre. I was there with my Barry Manilow Live On Broadway show from April eighteen to June tenth nineteen eighty nine. I did a total of forty six shows. Barry got a call from David. He told Barry that the Cort Theatre wanted to extend his run through the end of November. Barry got off the phone with David. With my Cort Theatre shows I was doing a total of fifty shows in September and October. That was David who just called the Cort Theatre just asked David if I would extend my run through November thirtieth. I told David yes. He then said he would tell them about my 2:00AM Paradise CafĂ© II album debut at the Rose Theatre on Thursday November fifteenth. September twenty six shows plus  October twenty six shows plus November twenty five shows equals seventy seven shows total so far. When I get back I'll have to announce the November dates at the Cort Theatre said Barry. Barry and Carly left on Saturday to come back to New York City. Barry would home for a week before he headed down to San Antonio Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment