Thursday, February 1, 2018

More News.

Barry heard from Marc that Brian Murphy would be at Clive' Davis' Pre-Grammy party. Marc also heard Clive's party was going to be at the Sheraton Times Square.  Someone asked me yesterday if I was going to Clive's Pre-Grammy Party Barry told Marc. I told them no I was not. Why not they asked me? I said I Clive Davis didn't invite me and he hates me. Brian Murphy was the one who got Clive Davis to give me a recording contract. Clive figured my first album would tank. Well it did not tank at all said Barry. In fact my first album 2:00AM Paradise Café came out certified quadruple platinum. It debut at number one on the Billboard Hot 200 Album chart. My first single When October Goes came out certified quadruple platinum too. As well as debuting at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart. I went on the road to promote my first record album. I called the tour my Paradise Café Tour which morphed into my Copacabana Tour. Tickets for both tours sold out within a half hour of tickets going on sale. 2:00AM Paradise Café won me every Grammy I was nominated for. So that's why Clive hated me because I was so successful with my first album. Then every album after that one that I put out on Arista did the same thing. Clive wanted me to bomb and my first album to tank so he could let me go from Arista. Well I didn't bomb and my first album didn't tank so he couldn't let go of me. Now I left Arista when Clive was told to retire and LA Reed got his job. In two thousand I was at a party that was attended by Glen Barros the head of Concord Records. I liked what Concord Records stood for. AT that party Glen Barros asked me if I wanted to join his Concord Record label. I said yes I would love to sign with Concord Records since I was now looking for a new record label.  That's just what I did I signed with Concord Records and I've been with them ever since. My Williamsburg album came out to late to get nominated for Grammys this year. Maybe in two thousand nineteen it will get nominated for Grammys. Brian Murphy's album This Is My Town also came out to late for this years Grammys. I heard that Brian Murphy sang New York New York, This Is My Town, Mandy and Copacabana last night said Marc. Now tonight I'm going to the Concord Records Grammy Party with Carly said Barry. I'm entertainer for the party. The party is at The Grand Hyatt's Empire State Ballroom. I found out that my good friend Kenny G. is coming to The Concord Records Grammy Party. I asked him to bring his saxophone with him.  I told him I was doing two songs off of 2:00AM Paradise Café II. So I wanted him to play saxophone on the songs I'm doing tonight. I told Kenny I was going to do two songs off my next album 2:00AM Paradise Café II which he is on. I've decided to do  these songs The Paradise Café and New York City Blues from 2:00AM Paradise Café II, Then Big City Blues duet with Kion and Billy and Night Song from 2:00AM Paradise Café. My band and backup singers will be on stage to preform with me said Barry. Tomorrow afternoon Carly and are leaving at 3:40PM on Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited heading towards Chicago. We get into Chicago Tuesday at 9:45AM. There's a four and a half hour layover in Chicago. We're taking the 2:15PM Empire Builder out to Portland. We should arrive in Portland on Thursday at 2:55PM.  Garry invited Carly and me for a visit. We're staying with him and Denise at their house. We'll be there for one week and two days. Then we leave on the following Thursday at 4:45PM. We get into Chicago Saturday at 3:55PM. We have a five hour layover in Chicago. We're leaving at 9:30PM. We'll get back here to New York City on Sunday at 6:23PM. We will be gone for two whole weeks. I definitely need this vacation said Barry. Dr. Jeff Houston who works at Brooklyn Pet Care Veterinary Hospital will be taking care of the dogs. Dr. Jeff Houston use to work with Carly at the Bronx Zoo. We're leaving Monday January the twenty- ninth and we get home on Sunday February the eleventh. Then I'm home till Monday February  twenty-six. When I leave for San Antonio Texas. I'll leave Monday on Amtrak's Crescent for New Orleans. I'll spend one night there. Then I leave on the Sunset Limited for San Antonio. I'll be in San Antonio with my songwriting partners during March and April. Then I'll come back home at the beginning of May.  If you get a chance Marc you need to try Diet Coke's bold new flavors. Ginger Lime, Feisty Cherry, Zesty Blood Orange and Twisted Mango. I like the Ginger Lime and the Feisty Cherry. I already love the Diet Coke with Lime said Barry. I also love Fresca which is a grapefruit flavored soda. I'm taking my favorite metal container with me when I go to San Antonio. My metal container keep my cold drink cold drink for hours. Vikki and I finished the It's Just Another New Years Eve Party Weekend  itinerary. I'll be announcing the party weekend in March so fans can start planning their trip to AC said Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment