Sunday, September 27, 2015

Barry's Facebook post for September 27, 2015


Hi Gang It's me Barry
Exiting news everyone. We're cruising in November 2016. But wait he gets motion sickness. That's pop star Brian Murphy that gets that not me. So you heard me right we are cruising in November 2016 to  China, Japan, Vietnam and Singapore aboard Royal Caribbean's MS Ovation. Our cruise is called Cruising With Manilow and Friends.. This is a twelve day cruise. Our ports of call are Tianjin China, Shanghai China, Okinawa Japan, Hong Kong China, Ho Chi Minh Vietnam and Singapore Singapore. Day 1. We'll depart on Friday November 18 at 5pm from Tianjin China. Day 2 Saturday November 19 Cruising Day 3. Sunday November 20 Shanghai China. Day 4. Monday November 21 Cruising. Day Five Tuesday November 22 Okinawa Japan. Day 6. Wednesday November 23 Cruising Day 7. Thursday November 24 Hong Kong China Day 8.Friday November 25 Hong Kong China. Day 9. Saturday November 26 Cruising. Day 10. Sunday November 27 Cruising. Day 11.Monday November 28 Ho Chi Minh Vietnam Day 12. Tuesday November 29 Singapore Singapore arrive 7am. The cost pre person is $1,341. So far I've heard back with a yes from Dave Koz (Who's an old pro at this. He's done some of these.) Brian Culbertson, Michael Lington, Melissa Manchester, Lorna Luft, Liza Minnelli and Diane Schuur . Now I'm waiting to hear back from Nancy Wilson and the guys from Uncle Festive.  I'm bringing my band and backup singers with me. I'll have my band with me Russ McKinnon drums, David Rosenblatt percussion, Mark Levine bass, Mike Lent guitar, Ron Pedley keyboards, Jake Thomas saxophone, Rodger Keller trumpet, Gary Herbert trombone and Joey Malotti keyboards and musical director. Plus my backup singers Melanie Nyema vocals, Debra Byrd vocals, Billy Kidd keyboards/vocals and Kye Brackett vocals. Muffy  Hendricks is on the road with Michael  Mac Donald. And since AI was over Debra Byrd said yes to coming on board with Melanie Nyema, Billy Kidd and Kye Brackett. Our ship is Royal Caribbean's MS Ovation which has 4,180 staterooms. The MS Ovation has two venues The Royal Theatre which seats 1,299 and The Opal Theatre which is smaller. I will be putting out another Facebook message that lets you all know when we start doing the bookings for the cruise. Next year should be very exiting with my London Palladium run and my Night Tianjin To Singapore Cruise. US fans don't for get I'm on TV the first week in October to promote my album 2:00AM Paradise Café II.. Monday October fifth  it's Co-host Monday on Rachel Ray's with me Barry Manilow Rachel's co-host. Oh I'm also doing the "What's For Dinner" segment. Yes you read that right. I'm cooking up what's for dinner.  I'm cooking a spinach manicotti and Italian green beans for dinner. Her producers know that I'm cooking. But Rachel doesn't know that yet. Then on Wednesday I'm doing The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.  Friday I'm doing GMA during the eight to nine hour. Then Friday night I'm doing Late Night with Seth Meyers . I'll also be doing a whole batch of radio shows in the US from my at home studio.  On Tuesday October sixth I'm doing an album signing at Rough Trade Records at 64 N. 9th St. between Wythe and Kent in Williamsburg. For twenty-five dollars you get both the vinyl signed and the CD of 2:00AM Paradise Café II. Then at the beginning of December I'm headed to the UK to promote the new album. By doing a few TV shows and some radio shows from their actual studios.  While in the UK I'm doing This Morning live from the London Palladium. The hosts Phillip Schofield, Holly Willoughby, Ruth Langsford and Eamonn Holms will announce when tickets will be available for their live show at the Palladium with me. I'm going to be their only guest for the entire show. There's also going to be a mini Q&A so maybe you'll get picked to have your Q? answered. I'm also doing an album signing during my UK visit. The album signing will be the same as the US album signing. So when you buy the vinyl copy you'll get that one signed and the CD version too. After that I'm off to spend the holidays with family and friends. To coin a Rachel Ray phrase "See you when I see you."
Love,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment