Friday, December 1, 2017

I Heard A Rumor About You.

I am bringing this to everyone's attention because of the content of the quote that I am quoting. One of my fans I don't know posted this under a photo of me that another one of my fans Debra Swartz had posted on Pinterest. "One friend told the Daily Mail Online that Kief is something of a Svengali to Manilow and he has pushed people out of the multi-millionaire life and replaced then with his own relatives over the years. This quote from the Daily Mail is entirely false. Garry Kief my former manager has never pushed anyone out of my life. Then replaced them with his own relatives. I met Garry Kief back in nineteen seventy eight. That's when I found out the guy who was taking care of my finances was putting my money into bad investment. Garry was the one who noticed this first. He helped with my financial problem. So I fired Miles Laurie my manager and hired Garry to take over as my manager. Garry put together a group of people to help me financially and legally. That is how I became friends with Garry Kief. Garry was married to his first wife who I also became friends with. The director of my fan club Kate Naughton had been screwed over by my manager Miles Laurie. So that's why Kate Naughton  stepped down as director of my fan club. Both Robert and Alice Garry's parents were retired so they took over running my fan club. That's how I became friends with Robert and Alice Kief. Garry's older brother Rob Kief starting working for his brothers new management company Stiletto Entertainment. Garry and his first wife asked me to be godfather to their daughter Kirsten I said yes to being Kirsten's godfather. Robert and Alice Kief when Alice became the new director of the Barry Manilow Fan Club. In nineteen eighty my fan club went international so people all over the world could join. Alice decided to continue using the name Kate Naughton when she became director of my fan club. Robert came up with the name Mad Man Mickey Morgan when he took over the merchandise company. That was how I became friends with Garry's parents. Garry's older brother Rob also works for Garry's management company Stiletto Entertainment. That's how I became friends with Robert, Alice, Rob, his wife, sons, Garry, his wife and daughter. If people were pushed out of my life it's because I pushed them out. Case in point my once friend Suzie whom you all know is not in my life right now. In two thousand two I decided to move back to New York City. Too much back and forth on Delta Airlines between Los Angeles LAX and New York City JFK because of my Broadway songwriting career. Suzie did not like the fact that I moved back to New York City. Also since day one back in nineteen seventy-eight when I met Suzie. She always figured that I was gay even though I wasn't. At the end of January two thousand and fifteen. Suzie did two articles for The National Enquire tabloid. The articles were to promote her latest health book. The
first article two pages came out on Friday January 25th.The  second article a week later came out on Friday January 30th. On Friday February 6th I made the inside of The National Enquirer. It was a two page spread on me and my former manager Garry Kief getting married in our Palm Springs backyard in April 2015 Brian Murphy was living in my former house in the Mesa at that time. So that's when
Brian  and his partner Gregory Knofler got married. Suzie told The National Enquirer all the juicy details. Why? Because according to her she was my best woman which is the same as the best man. She was also on Andy Cohen's Bravo talk show. Where she told this person who called in to ask if the Copacabana singer got married. That she was there and that it was so freeing for me. I am not the Copacabana singer. I am one of the songwriters of the song Copacabana. Brian Murphy recorded  the song Copacabana that me, Bruce and Jack wrote. Bruce , Jack and I originally wrote Copacabana for our musical of the same name which opened on Broadway in 1978. Brian Murphy then recorded a disco version of our song Copacabana n 1978 for his Even Now album that I produced with Ron Dante. Back in 2014 I did get married. That was on Sunday July 13, 2014 to my fiancĂ© Dr. Carly Nichole Simon DVM. I'm mentioning her full name because of singer Carly Simon. Garry and I often wondered who went to The National Enquirer with that information. When we both found out it was Suzie who gave them that piece of information. Garry immediately told me he was through being friends with Suzie. He said If I still wanted to continue being friends with Suzie that he would be ok with that. I don't like anyone who spreads lies about me. Since Suzie chose to spread the lie about me being gay when I'm not. I decided she wasn't worth my still being friends with her. One I moved back to New York City in two thousand two I broke off my friendship with her. At that same time I also quit being friends with one of Suzie's other friends Scott Nevins. As you all know Scott Nevins has the major hot's for me. Scott's been trying for year to get me into a romantic relationship with him. No thank you. I remember on my wedding day my cousin Dennis said to me Aunt Edna would have been proud to have a nice Jewish girl like Carly for a daughter-in-law. After I got married to Carly that's when she told me she had met my mom. Carly, Ally, Rita and Zoey went to see my mom's cabaret act at Don't Tell Mama's  in New York. Carly mentioned she and her friends got to meet my mom after that show. Carly told me my mom asked her and her fiends if they were married. Ally said she Rita and Zoey were married and I was not. My mom said I wish my son Barry would find a nice girl like you. Maybe I should fix you two up said my mom. Ally then told my mom that Carly was a nice orthodox Jewish girl. My mom said now I'll definitely have to fix you two up. If she only knew her wish came true. That I met Carly the nice orthodox Jewish girl and I married her. Now back to regular Barry M stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment