Saturday, December 9, 2017

Ask Barry?

Hi Gang,
It's me Barry again. It's time for another round of Ask Barry? questions.
Ally Munson asks Barry Have you ever gone to a concert where you got invited on stage to perform with the artist you went to see?

Barry Yes I did get invited on stage. In May of this year Carly and I went to Philadelphia for a little weekend get away. What I didn't know was Carly had gotten tickets to see Tears For Fears at the Hoagie National Festival on Friday May 27th. We were sitting in section two row B. One of Tears For Fears people told the guys I was a huge fan of theirs and that I was in the audience. I got invited on stage at the end to sing their song Shout with them. When I got up there I told Roland and Curtis I could play the song on the piano. So I got to both play piano and sing on Shout with the guys. What a thrill that was.

Deborah Wilson asks Barry who are some of your favorite contemporary groups and singers?
Barry as for groups I like Aerosmith, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Fleetwod Mac, Foo Fighters, Genesis, Nickleback and U2. Female singers. Cyndi Lauper, Melissa Manchester, Anne Lenox, Carol King, Joni Mitchell, Roberta Flack, Bette Midler Bonnie Ratt and Stevie Nicks. Male singers Billy Joel, Richard Marx, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Bruce Hornsby, Darius Rucker James Taylor and Bruno Mars. I also liked Hootie and the Blowfish Darius Rucker's old group before he went country. Bruce Hornsby and the Range. Before Bruce went the solo jazz route. Then of course I love classical, jazz and standard singers. Like Frank Sinatra, Rosemary Clooney and ETC.

Lorie Mann What's on your bucket list?
Barry What haven't I done that I want to do. I want to write original material with my favorite female singers/songwriter. Then take the songs we wrote and record a duets album. Do a concert in Central Park like Simon and Garfunkle. Garth Brooks, Diana Ross and other artists/groups have done. Take the Orient Express train from London England to Venice Italy.  Travel England and Scotland by train. My wife Carly loves to travel by train. So while were dating we took Amtrak up to Boston for vacation. That's how I got hooked on train travel. Carly also loves to fly on airplanes. Open up a few more 1943 British American Gastro Pubs her in the US and UK. I want to open them in Manhattan New York, Boston Massachusetts, Portland Oregon, Seattle Washington, Glasgow Scotland and London England. The flagship 1943 British American Gastro Pub in Williamsburg is doing very well. We got great reviews from Michelin, New York Times and Zagat. Michelin gave us five stars. So did the New York Times and Zagat.

To all my Southern California fans with all those wild fires please take care and keep safe.
Thinking of all of you.
Hugs,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment