Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Concord Records

Barry was glad he was with Concord Records. He'd been with Concord Records since 2001. That's when Arista Records changed company presidents. Out was Clive Davis who founded the label and in as LA Reed. He was at a party where he met Glen Barros the head of Concord Records. He liked the idea behind Glen Barros' label. Barry signed on the dotted line with Concord Records where he's been ever since. His first album for Concord Records was Here At The Mayflower. Which debuted at number one on both the Billboard Hot 200 Album chart and the Billboard Jazz chart. Two years ago he was asked by Verve to join their label. Brian Murphy had joined Verve and suggested to them they ask Barry to join their label as well. Barry told them that he was happy at Concord Records. No he did not want to join Verve Records. Thank God he didn't join Verve Records. Since it seems they weren't really doing a good job of promoting Brian Murphy's latest album. It looked like Brian was doing all the promotional work himself.  Where as Concord Records had already put out two different TV ads. Two different radio ads. Ads in the LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Boston, Baltimore, New York, Washington, Atlanta and Tampa newspapers. Magazine ads in Billboard, Entertainment Weekly and People. Barry was also scheduled to be on The Late Late Show with Seth Meyers on Tuesday April 18th, The Late Show with James Corden on Friday April 21st. and CBS Sunday Morning with Jane Pauley. Reporter Tracy Smith was going to interview him during his sound check before his April 25th Barclay Center concert to promote his new album. Barry's CBS Sunday Morning interview would air on Sunday May 7th. Barnes and Noble album signing in New York. LA promotion Barnes and Noble at The Grove album signing. TV talk shows The Talk and Jimmy Kimmel. Radio morning show on KOST. Plus he was doing a bunch of radio interviews from his at home studio with radio stations here in the US and over in the UK. He
had talked to Dean Richards on WGN radio earlier this morning. Barry then heard his phone ringing so he picked it up. Hello he said. Hi Barry it's Marc. I'm calling to let you know Suzie was on The Ed McGuire Sirius radio show this morning. Oh really said Barry and what was she talking to Ed about? She was talking to Ed about you and Garry getting married three years ago in 2014. Wait a minute said Barry Garry's been married to his second wife Denise for 14 years since 2003. I got married almost two years ago 2015 to my wife Carly. So I don't know how Garry and I can be married to each other when we're married to our wives. I was too young when I married Susan back in the early sixties. After Susan I date a bunch of different women. But I never found anyone I wanted to settle down with until I saw Carly on GMA in 2011. I wonder if Suzie wasn't the one who went to People Magazine with that piece of information about you and Garry said Marc. People called me and told me they were not going to put the information Suzie gave them in their next issue.  In fact their going to put online the August 7, 2015 cover and article about our wedding.  That's in advance of the May  8th issue with me and Carly on the cover. I know that Brian Murphy is very happy in his relationship with Gregory Knofler his manager. Also he loves my Palm Springs home in the Mesa. I told him it was ok to live in. After moving back to New York I had forgotten how much I missed the changing seasons. The fast paced energy of New York. I'm glad I moved back to New York City and  found a town home in Brooklyn. When Carly and I were in San Francisco on vacation we looked at a few houses. But decided not to buy anything out there. When we do go out there we are welcome to stay with either Garry and Denise or Neil and Adrienne. I've got a bunch of dogs looking at me. It must be go outside and their business time. I'll see you on Tuesday at the Barclay Center concert said Barry.  I'll definitely be their said Marc.

No comments:

Post a Comment