Friday, April 14, 2017

Fackbook Post April 14th

Hi Gang
It's me Barry coming at you from my at home studio in Brooklyn Heights, A slight change of plans. I decided instead of a weekend in San Francisco we'd have a five day New Years convention. The convention will start on Wednesday December 27th with a meet and greet cocktail party starting at 8PM and going till? I'll be there of course to meet and greet you fans. Then on Thursday we'll have our local fan club day. Local fan clubs can show off their charitable work and ETC. That evening we're having a costume party dinner at the Copacabana. You have to dress 1940's style. The San Francis ballroom will be decked out like the Copacabana night club. I'm coming as Tony Star who always tended bar. Carly is coming as Lola La Mar. Garry's coming as Rico Castelli. His wife Denise is Conchita Alvarez. Friday will be the blast from the past day. Breakfast. Then we're having a Barry fashion show. Barry Manilow fashions from the 1970's to the 2017's. Afternoon to checkout San Francisco. Then it's pizza and a movie. Assorted types of pizza. After the pizza you'll get to watch the New Years Eve 2016 Concert video from Madison Square Garden. I did my usual two hour show with the twenty minute intermission. Then I went back stage after the new years toast. David who was my personal assistant at the time. Had me come out into the hallway were I could her fans chanting Barry Barry Barry and stomping their feet on the floor. They didn't want to leave just yet. So I asked my group if they were up for doing a little more. They said yes. So we ended up doing ninety minutes more. Now you'll get to see the entire thing. Plus all of you who come to the convention will get a copy to the entire concert plus ninety minutes more to take home and watch again. Ice Cream Bar afterwards. Saturday NYC Deli lunch. after lunch there will be a Q&A with me, Adrienne, Enoch, Jack, Marty and Bruce my songwriting partners. After you get dressed for the first of two concerts. We're having an Italian Buffet before the show. You'll then go out to board the busses for the Oracle Arena. Sunday is the brunch with a Q&A with me. Then it's Barry Bingo time. I'll be calling the numbers. Our sit down fancy New Years Eve dinner. Board busses for the New Years Eve concert at the Oracle Arena. We'll come back to the hotel for a decadent desert bar. I told the people at the St. Francis that I'm not sure what time we'll get back from the new years eve show. If it's like last year I may end up doing another ninety minutes after the original concerts ends.
See you when I see you somewhere down the road.
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment