Sunday, March 29, 2015

Wait Till You Hear This

Barry and company were getting ready to head on to the next city. When Barry heard his iPhone play the piece of music that let him know Marc was calling. What's up Marc asked Barry. Wait till you hear this said Marc. I was over on Facebook checking your page. So I decided while I was there to check the main page. Here on the main page was a banner that read "I've been diagnosed with OBMD (Obsessive Barry Manilow Disorder) I am NEVER getting treatment for that!" Really said Barry are they nuts! They sure must be said Marc to create a banner like that. Don't tell me I'm getting some more of Brain Murphy's loony said Barry. Who knows said Marc. So how were the shows in Denver asked Marc. Fantastic said Barry. It was a sellout both nights. Last night David brought back three fans. Shelby, Gracie and Charlotte. They were wonderful to talk to said Barry. I took a picture with each one of them and signed their programs. Then as they left I surprised them each with a kiss on the cheek. And yes Carly is OK with me kissing my fans. She is said Marc. Yes said Barry. I discovered Carly is one of my biggest fans. She told me she's seen every one of my musicals more than once. Seen me in concert seventy-five times since 1984 when 2:00AM Paradise CafĂ© came out. Told me she has tickets to the Manilow Music Project Carnegie Hall benefit Sunday June 14, PBS Great Performances at the Metropolitan Opera House Lincoln Center Wednesday June 17 and the Jazz At Lincoln Center taping on Saturday June 20. She told me she's taking me out to dinner on my birthday before the PBS taping. Carly mentioned a new Chinese restaurant she thought I'd like to try. Oh and  BTW Carly said you're invited to dinner that night. Thanks said Marc. Well I'll let you board the bus for Grande  Prairie TX. Have a safe trip getting there said Marc. Oh we will said Barry. Barry boarded his bus with personal assistant David Taylor. Barry told David what Marc said about the OBMD. Those women must be really loony said David. Yes they must be said Barry. Barry sat down at the table. He opened his Mac Book Pro. He decided to go to twitter. Where he tweeted 'Superb show. The audience was very into the music." " Shelby, Gracie and Charlotte love you ladies from Barry." " Can't wait to get to Grande Prairie Texas and the Verizon Theatre for the Sunday March 28th show. Be there or be square." Barry. Then he headed over to Facebook to check stuff over there. He had linked his Twitter account to his Facebook account. So that whenever he twitted on twitter his tweets would show up on his Facebook page. When he got to the homepage all he saw was retweets  posted by one fan from her twitter account. "Saw the SEX GOD last night. Man was he on fire." "OMG what a sex-a-lisous man Barry is." What the heck is sex-a-lisous thought Barry. And when did I become a Sex God? said Barry. Damn that Brian Murphy! What said David. I said damn that Brain Murphy said Barry. If he hadn't canceled his tour then maybe some of his loony fans wouldn't be coming to my shows. My regular fans don't call me a Sex God. Or think I'm sex-a-liscous  said Barry. Oh here's someone who called me a "Stud Muffin." said Barry Ok so they're completely loony said Barry. Barry then chose to check Google Barry Manilow to see if the Denver Post review was up which it was. Barry read the super review Craig Martin wrote. Barry told Mike the driver let the other drivers know will stop in Amarillo Texas for lunch. Maybe we can find a restaurant that served barbeque. But you can't eat barbeque said David. I can't eat pork but I can eat beef and chicken said Barry. There is such a thing a barbeque beef ribs and chicken. Mike radioed the other drivers to let them know they were going to stop in Amarillo for lunch.  Soon they were coming into Amarillo. Barry said to Mike tell the other drivers we're going to Crazy Larry's Bar-B-Que it's at 4315 Teckla said Barry. The three buses pulled into the parking lot. Everyone got out and headed into Crazy Larry's Bar-B-Que to eat. When they got in Barry told them   there was eighteen in their party. So they were shown to a room with a group of tables. The waitress brought everyone a menu. She said she'd get someone to help her take their orders. Which she did.  The one waitress who came to Barry's table said her name was Sue and could she take their orders. Barry ordered first. He said I'll have the barbeque chicken meal and ice tea with lemon no sugar. Then everyone else at his table ordered what they wanted. Man I'm starving he said after the waitress left. Soon their meals came and they all ate their lunch. They went outside to go back to the buses when Barry saw a popcorn shop across the street. There's Plain Corny popcorn shop across the street. I'm going over there to get some popcorn said Barry. So Barry David T., Joey. Billy and Russ went over there to get some popcorn. Barry got a tin of the three blend mix butter, cheese and caramel corn. You and your popcorn said Kye when Barry and the others came back. It's a healthy snack except for the cheese and caramel corn flavors said Barry.  David got kettle, cheese and caramel flavors in his tin. They also made a pit stop at the local Kroger's supermarket for some twelve pack twelve ounce cans of soda. Barry got his usual diet Coke with lime. David got Dr. Pepper. Everyone else got what they wanted. So now they were ready to hit the road again. So who's taking care of Maggie and Max asked David. My next door neighbors Rachel and Jon Marx's said Barry. They're also getting my mail and my paper. I pay all my bills online said Barry. So all I get from the gas, electric, phone, sewer and dish is a  statements not bills I need to pay. Now dish includes satellite TV and Verizon home phone and internet. Then I have a separate cell phone bill with Verizon also said Barry. I also get statements from State Farm for my car and home owners  insurance and my Emblem Health HIP HMO health insurance.  I went with State Farm for my car and home since I wrote a commercial jingle for them back in the late sixties.
 You know "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there."

No comments:

Post a Comment