Sunday, March 8, 2015

They Just Don't Get It

They just don't get it thought Barry as he took off his makeup. Tonight's show was great except for the fan who thought she could come up on stage. I don't sing Can't Smile Without You with a fan. That's Brian Murphy who does that said Barry to Joey Malotti as they were going out the stage door. Then I heard some fans were complaining on Facebook because I don't do Platinum packages. That again is something Brian Murphy does. What I like to do is have David Taylor my personal assistant go roaming the floor before the show. I have him pick two lucky fans who get to come backstage after the show for a meet and greet. When the fans come back they get to talk to me, have their picture taken with me and I autograph their tour program. The two fans get a half hour backstage with me said Barry. I'll start that once I get to Los Angeles. Right now I'm  finishing the tail end of a cold. Now  I don't want to give any of my fans what I had. The bad part was the sneezing said Barry. I just couldn't stop sneezing. Barry, Joey and the rest of the group boarded the bus. Barry told the driver where he wanted to go.  The place is  called Le Fondue. It's a place that does both savory and sweet fondues. I'm starving said Barry. Yes I know I had a big dinner. But I always have a snack before bedtime. Tomorrow I need to check the Seattle paper to see if there's a review of tonight's show. David said he saw the reviewer wearing his press pass. Plus the photographer was also there with  his press pass on. Barry and company got out of the bus and headed towards the door. Barry opened the door and held it open till everyone went in. Everyone was ushered back to a small room. The waiter took their drink order and said he'd be back with their drinks. Once he came back Barry ordered both savory and sweet fondues. Kye said Barry did you see the girl over on the right in front row. No not really. Why asked Barry. She was flirting with you major said Kye. Oh I really didn't notice said Barry. What I did notice was the older guy sitting in the second row over on the left. When I sat at my piano and turned towards the audience I could see him really snapping his fingers. He reminded me of my grandpa said Barry. His wife was sitting next to him on his right. She pulled his cap off his head. My grandma did that the first time she and grandpa went to my first musical on Broadway. Now we have one more show tomorrow night and then it's on to Portland Oregon said Barry for two shows. You know It's kind of nice doing the tour buses like the country artists do said Billy. By the way Dana is meeting me in Los Angeles said Billy. Maybe we could have her come on stage as a surprise musical guest said Barry. That would be cool said Joey. Dana was my saxophone player in the eighties said Barry.  That's when my band consisted of Bud Harner drums/musical director, Vanessa Brown percussion /vocals,  Mark Levine bass/vocals , John Pondel guitar/vocals , Ron Pedley keyboards/ musical director. Kevin De Simone keyboards/vocals , Joey Malotti keyboards/vocals, Debra Byrd vocals, Dana Robbins saxophone/flute/ vocals and Billy Kidd keyboards/vocals said Barry.  In 1984 and 1984 Victor Vanacore was my musical director. He also played keyboards and piano. Bud and Ron were musical directors during Big Fun Tour de Force and Barry Manilow Live On Broadway tours. Joey wasn't with us then. You joined us in n1987 at the beginning of the Big Fun Tour de Force tour. We were together from 1984 to 1989. It's my band from my Showstoppers tour that I can't remember who all was in it. I remember Kevin Bassenson was my musical director and one of my keyboard players. Billy said Mark Scholl was your drummer, Steve Welch was another keyboard player. Debra Byrd, Kye Brackett, Craig E. Mayer, Donna Cherry and Michelle Nicastro who passed away recently were your backup singers. I remember Debra telling me that during The Greatest Hits and Then Some Tour. For that tour it was Mark Scholl drums, David Rosenblatt percussion/ vocals, Larry Antonio bass/vocals, Mike Lent guitar/vocals, Ron Pedley keyboards, Steve Welch keyboards/vocals/musical director, Debra Byrd vocals, Dana Robbins saxophone/flute/vocals and Billy Kidd keyboards/vocals said Barry. Now some of you like Russ McKinnon, Jacob Stevens, Gerry Miller and Rodger Smith I took from Brian Murphy. I don't think he minded since he was off  the road at the time I asked you four to join my band. Did you all hear Brian Murphy canceled his entire tour?  On Monday February 9th the day before his Omaha show he announced he was canceling his entire tour said Barry. Boy were his fans pissed at him big time. Really said Billy. Yes really said Barry I also heard his manager Darren Knoffler is a  royal pain in the you know where said Barry. They finished their fondue and headed to the bus to go to the hotel. Once at the hotel Barry said goodnight to everyone. He headed to his hotel room to get some shut eye. Barry chose not to call Carly since it was 3:00AM on the eastern time. Barry figured Carly would be in bed sleeping.  He would call her tomorrow around 4:00PM that would be about 7:00PM eastern time. He figured by then she should be done eating dinner. So Barry put on his PJ bottoms and a tee shirt. Brushed his teeth a crawled into bed. Soon enough the alarm went off. Barry put on a button front blue and brown plaid shirt, blue jeans, navy socks and a pair of casual tie shoes. He put his clothes, toilet bag into his suitcase. He went down the elevator to meet up with the band, back up singers and David his personal assistant. They all went into the restaurant for breakfast. When the waitress came over to take their orders. Barry said I'll have a bowl of raisin bran with skim milk, a bagel with cream cheese and a cup of coffee with a splash of cream. David said that's what you always have. Well I'm Jewish so pork products like bacon , ham and sausage are out for me. Beside bran is good for your digestive system said Barry. After everyone ordered the driver of Barry's bus
came over and said. As soon as everyone's finished the buses  will be waiting out in front. Me and the other two drivers took the buses to the gas station to fill them up with gas. After breakfast they all got into the their correct bus and off they went to Portland Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment