Saturday, August 12, 2017

What The Bleep?

What the bleep? said Barry Barry had been on his Mac Book Pro checking out Facebook.  Barry had his Facebook page for his professional life. Then he also had a private timeline page for his wife and his friend. Garry followed Suzie on Facebook just to what she was talking about. Incase she was  talking about Barry to her Facebook followers. He told Barry that  Suzie newest Facebook post was that her dear friends Barry M. and Scott Nevins relationship was now completely out in the open. Also Barry and Scott would be making their announcement about them getting married. Now really Suzie?  That not's going to happen since I'm a happily married to my wife Mrs. Barry M. He said M because he was still wrestling with the whole last name thing. Edna's parents were Joseph Manilow and Ester Yanoff Manilow. Grandpa's parents were Lewis Manilow and Anna Meltzer Manilow. His Grandma's parents were Abraham Yanoff and Bertha Valinsky. Barry did know that Meltzer, Yanoff and Valinsky were Jewish last names. However Manilow was not a Jewish last name. Barry got that confirmed by his mom's friend Sophie Bernstein Rosenberg. Sophie now lived in the Napa Valley area. Her husband Harry Rosenberg was a vintner  who owned Brookhaven Winery. Sophie's parents were friends with  Joseph and Esther Manilow. While Sophie and her sister Abigail were friends with Edna and Rose. What Sophie couldn't tell Barry was why Joseph's father Lewis Manilow changed his last name. What his great grandpa's original last name Sophie didn't know that. So his great grandpa's last name wasn't really Manilow. Sophie told Barry she figured his great grandpa decided to have his last name Americanized. Or he changed it all together to something else. Barry told Sophie that he knew Manilow was not a Jewish last name. My wife Carly looked it up and discovered Manilow was an Old English last name. I'm totally confused now Barry told Sophie. My first name Barack and my middle Alon are both Jewish. However my last name is not Jewish it's Old English instead. I do know that Pincus is a Jewish last name. While Murphy is an Irish last name said Barry. Most people can't say my last name correctly. Sophie people even butcher my mom's maiden name which I've been using since I was thirteen. Actually I don't know what to with my last name. Keep it or change it.  I've even had people call me Manila as in manila envelopes. My friend Bette Midler use to call me manila when we use to work together. Now what is your wife's last name asked Sophie? It's Simon said Barry and that is a Jewish last name. If you go to Ancestry dot com that helps you find all your ancestors who have the same last name as yours. But I really wonder how many Manilow's I am related to thought Barry. Before Barry left Sophie house she told him she would send him some Brookhaven wine. I'll call Carly and let her know about the wine. Barry said his goodbyes to Sophie. He went back to Garry's house. The next day Barry and company left for the Portland. Wednesday August 9th was the Portland concert. Saturday August 12th was the Auburn concert. Auburn was in between Tacoma and Seattle.  Then it was down to Albuquerque, over to St. Louis, up to Vaughan Ontario Canada and back to Brooklyn to Coney Island's Ford Amphitheater. There were only nine more concerts to go before Barry was off for a while. The next big event was the Memory Gala on Saturday September 9th at the Grand Hyatt in New York City. After that Barry and Carly were going to spend two weeks in Boston, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. They were going to take Amtrak Acela trains up there and back. Once they got to Boston Barry was going to rent a car  so they could get to the Cape and the two islands

No comments:

Post a Comment