Sunday, June 4, 2017

Xfinity Center Mansfield MA June 2nd.

Barry and the gang were back stage getting ready to go on stage. The band went on stage. They began the introduction number. Then came One Voice which was the piece that Barry came out to Out came Barry in his new concert outfit. Harley Davidson motorcycle boots, Wrangler cowboy boot cur jeans, nineteen sixties styled six button shirt and  leather jacket. He started to sing the title track from his  new album Williamsburg. When he was finished sing the song he said that's off of my newest album
called Williamsburg which cam out this past April. Now I also put out an album last year that was a sequel to my 2001 album called Here At The Mayflower. That album was about the people who lived in the Mayflower Apartment building. Well me, Adrienne, Enoch, Jack, Marty and Bruce knew that there were still more stories inside the building to tell. So I put out Here At The Mayflower II (Many
more stories inside.) That album came out on November 13, 2016. I'm just one busy guy and so far the musical well hasn't run dry yet. Now tonight is the start of my Williamsburg Tour. I'm playing outdoor venues all across the US and Vaughan Canada. I'm going from east to west north to south. I'll end this tour back in my hometown of Brooklyn on Thursday August 31st at the Ford Amphitheater at Coney Island. So far I've been doing ok with the exception of a little food poisoning. Carly and I went to San Francisco for our vacation. The day we got there we met up with Garry, Denise, Neil and Adrienne for Chinese food.  Now Adrienne, me and Garry all had the same thing. The next day me, Garry and Adrienne woke up sick. It was determined the three of us had food poisoning. The place has been shut down for good. We cut our vacation short since I got sick. I wanted to make sure I was ready for this summer sheds tour. I was born and raised in Brooklyn's Williamsburg neighborhood by my grandparents and my mom. What do you say we go back to my borough of Brooklyn said Barry. The band began to play the introduction to Brooklyn Blues from the album Swing Street. Barry sang that song. Then he said how about we stay in Brooklyn and head over to the Mayflower apartment building. So then Barry began by singing "Do You Know Who's Living Next Door?" He also did "They Danced." Plus he did a few songs off Here At The Mayflower II (Many more stories inside.) Barry's set was the same set from the Mayflower Tour 2001/2002. Now was the time for a break.
That was so Barry and company could change their outfits. When Barry came back out he said let me introduce you to Carly "The Girl From The Bronx." She's the beautiful lady on the screen back there.
I first saw Carly on GMA in November 2011. I was on GMA with Adrienne, Enoch and the cast of our musical 15 Minutes which was opening on Broadway that night. Prior to us being on Dr. Carly
Simon veterinarian and Thomas Kelly zoo keeper were on. Carly and Thomas were showing some of the zoos newest babies. Carly and I fell in love and four years later on Sunday July 12, 2015 we got married. That's who the girl from the Bronx is said Barry. Barry then did his show tunes medley.  It  was songs from his Broadway musicals and his Showstoppers album. He also added a little jazz medley from 2:00AM Paradise CafĂ© and Swing Street. Barry ended the show with Copacabana and One Voice. He and everyone went back stage to change clothes. The fans started stomping their feet, clapping their hands and yelling Barry Barry Barry. Barry came back out and said I guess you're not ready to leave. No they all yelled. "Let's start all over again." said Barry. He then sang I'm Your Man. Still feeling in an up tempo mood Barry said now I usually do this song as a romantic ballad. But I'm thinking that maybe I should do this as an up tempo song. It's been done as a ballad by Brian Murphy.
Also as an up tempo song by the British group Take That. Then Brian found out and did his own up tempo version. Barry went to the piano and started doing Chopin's Prelude In C Minor. While he tried to do that Russ started doing the up tempo drum thumping  of Could It Be Magic. I guess we're doing that version I see said Barry. You're getting not one  not two but three studs for the price of one. So take that Billy and Kion. Barry came in on the first chorus. Now when it got to the BAM part Barry, Billy and Kion did the BAMS. At the end Barry decided to do a little bit more of the song. Barry gave the fans an extra thirty minutes of encores. After that he blew the fans some kisses. Then  gave them a wave goodbye as ran off stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment