Saturday, June 3, 2017

Really People

Barry decided to go over to Facebook and check it out before he went out of town on Tuesday. He
made a pit stop over at Brian Murphy's page. Why don't you just go on tour instead of doing a few shows here and there thought Barry. Brian just announced another show this time in Atlanta Georgia at the Fox Theatre July 27th. Tickets were going on sale Monday at 4PM PST He also noticed Brian had congratulated some fan named Alan on his 500th show. Really 500 shows Alan. I wonder Alan do you have a life besides seeing Brian Murphy that many times? Barry knew of one of Brian's fans who's seen him 3000 times. Barry knew that fan didn't have a life. Barry checked his tour schedule to see where he'd be on July 27th.  July 23rd. 24th and 25th Barry was playing the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles CA. Then his next concert was July 28th up at Shoreline Amphitheater Mountain View CA. Barry would be off on both Wednesday July 26th and Thursday July 27th.  Mountain View was just slightly south of Palo Alto CA. Garry. Denise, Adrienne and Neil were coming to his Shoreline Amphitheater concert on Thursday July 27th. Barry would see Enoch and Marty at his Hollywood Bowl shows. He would also see Kristen and the Stiletto West staff there too. Bruce, Rob, Jack, Tracy, Marc, Andy, David and Karen were all coming to his Nikon Jones Beach concert. So was all of the BMIFC and Stiletto East staffers. Marc Hulett was  the head of Stiletto Entertainment East. Kristen Kief was the head of Stiletto Entertainment West. I wonder if Dave Koz will be opening for any of Brain's July and September shows thought Barry. Barry had spent three days with the video guys working on the video to go with the songs .Williamsburg was going to have video of Williamsburg with photos of Barry as a toddler, child and a teenager.  The Girl From The Bronx would have video footage of the Bronx. Along with photos of Carly Nichole Simon from infant to teenager. Livin' In Brooklyn Heights would show video footage of Barry at home. In his backyard with the dogs and
in his at home studio. Brooklyn Blues would have video footage of all over Brooklyn. New York City Rhythm would have video footage from Manhattan. When it got to the line "When I hit Broadway and it's time to play." The video would show the theatre marques where Barry's four musicals were playing. In front of the band the carpenters had come up with the skyline of New York City done in black. Barry tried on the outfit he was going to come out in. He went down to Carly's computer room to show her. What do you think? he asked. Carly got up and turned around to take a look. What did you do? asked Carly. I got my hair and sideburns trimmed.  Now this is the outfit I'm going to wear when I come out at the beginning of the show. Oh my goodness said Carly. Now your female fans are going to do a lot of wolf whistling. Can I take a photo? asked Carly. Sure said Barry. I take it your going to show your friends this photo to get them all excited about the Williamsburg Tour. So Carly took a photo of Barry that she was going to share on Facebook with her Barry Buddies. Carly posted the photo and explained what Barry had on. Barry's wearing a black leather jacket with the Brooklyn skyline and Brooklyn's In The House logo on the back of the jacket. A six button bib front shirt in white and one in black. Wrangler boot cut cowboy jeans black. Harley Davidson motorcycle boots in black with grey and dark silver accents. Now the jeans and boots Barry's wearing the entire concert. He's bringing back the white shirt from the Hits Tour along with some old and new vests and a black tuxedo jacket.. The sets consist of a silhouette of the New York skyline going across the front of the
band and backup singers. A large screen to show photos and video on during the Brooklyn and New York related songs. Barry mentioned the introduction number is a selection of his songs. The "Right here Right Now" piece. Then Brooklyn Blues would be the introduction number. Once Barry finished the song he was going to say "Brooklyn's In The House" and turn his back to the audience. That's so they could see the "Brooklyn's In The House" logo on the back of his jacket. On Saturday Barry and Carly went to Salem Fields Cemetery to put flowers on his mom's grave. Today May 27, 1923 would have been his mom's 94th birthday. They had brought some flowers to lay on her grave. I sure wish my mom could have met you said Barry to Carly. I know she would have loved you as much as I do. Actually I met your mom back in 1987 when Rita, Zoey and I went to Panache to see her cabaret act. We met her after the show and introduced ourselves. Edna asked what my last name was so I told her my name was Carly Nicole Simon. Oh so everyone calls you Carly Nichole your mom said. I told her no they don't. But if I would have said just Carly Simon people start thinking about the other Carly Simon. That Carly Simon is a singer/songwriter. Your mom noticed I didn't have a ring of my ring finger. I see you're not married she said. I said no I'm not. Then she said I have the perfect guy for you. So someday I'll have to introduce you him. He's very handsome, Jewish and single.

No comments:

Post a Comment