Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I don't discuss politics

I don't discuss politics said Barry to Garry. I heard Suzie Q's. been telling everyone she knows that I'm a Democrat. Brian Murphy told me Suzie Q. wishes you were still living in Palm Springs said Garry.That's so you could do the fund raiser this coming Saturday for Hillary Clinton. Brian did mention he's doing the fund raiser with Suzie Q. on Saturday. He also told me Scott Nevins is the master of ceremonies for the fund raiser. It's a thousand dollars a plate said Garry. Makes me glad I don't live out there any more said Barry. Also because I saw online California maybe in for a major earthquake said Barry. Suzie Q. hated the fact I moved back east. I don't since I spend more time in New York City working on Broadway shows. I needed to be back in New York City more than I needed to be in Palm Springs. Besides I'm three blocks from the nearest subway stop that takes me  directly into Manhattan. Carly doesn't have to give up her job as head veterinarian at the Bronx Zoo. We're close to all sorts of shops.  Just up the street is this new place called the Brooklyn Bagels. It's a bagel place started by two Jewish guys. They do both bagels and bialys in all sorts of flavors.  Adam and Jake who own the Brooklyn Bagels said they'll gladly sell my Manilow's coffee there. Manilow's coffee? said Garry. Yes said Barry Manilow coffee. Brian Culbertson,  Kenny G. Michael Lington and Dave Koz have been bugging me to do my own wine. While I do drink wine I'm more of a coffee drinker said Barry. I decided to start my own coffee brand. I sent you a package with some Manilow's coffee. I sent you regular roast, dark roast and espresso roast. At the beginning of December we're putting out our regular, dark and espresso roasts in decaf form. We're close to the Brooklyn Bowl. It's a bowling alley that serves the best fried chicken in Brooklyn. There's Broadway theatres, jazz clubs, Lincoln center, Central Park Coney Island and ETC. Also we can take a drive out on Long Island. Then we have Amtrak, JFK and LaGuardia if we want to head out of town. Like we did last year when we went to Montreal/Quebec for our honeymoon by Amtrak. Then Thanksgiving when we went to New Orleans also by Amtrak. It's good to back in my home borough of Brooklyn NY. I just sent Governor Cuomo a song for a revamp of the "I Love New York." jungle. I did the jingle last week with my backup singers. Billy Kidd, Kion Harris, Dana Stevens and Shelly Greco. I put in a saxophone solo for Billy Kidd's wife Dana Robbins.  Carly finally got her new doggie said Barry. She had to wait till she was old enough to leave her mom. The dog's name is Abbey and she is a Weimaraner. Abbey's a taupe color with baby blue eyes. Then while I was in London Maggie got very sick. Carly took her to Dr. Bridges our veterinarian. Dr. Bridges did a battery of tests on Maggie and found out that she had advanced liver cancer. She was given only two months to live but she made it to three months. Did you get yourself another Labrador Retriever? asked Garry. No I did not. Our next door neighbors Matt and Kelsey Nicks have a pair of Weimaraners.  Calvin and Coco. Coco had litter of puppies in late May. Four boys and two girls. The four boys went first.  So Carly got the older  of the two girls. Then  I took the younger of the two girls. And that how we got our two new doggies Abbey and Bialy.  Carly saw Brian Murphy's fans mentioning his luggage choice was Tumi. That is one of the non fashion designer luggage names that's very expensive. I had to buy some new luggage before I went over to London this summer. My old stuff was beat up really bad.  Travelpro luggage is the brand I use. I have a twenty six inch suitcase, a suit bag for my suits and jackets. Plus my carry on bag for my note book computer, legal note pad, book to read, pencils, pens and ear buds.  My Travelpro is in black. Then Carly has a twenty six inch suitcase and a carry on bag for her stuff. She has the suitcase and carry on in the blue color. Next Friday October fourteenth we're leaving for Denver via Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited from New York. It goes to Chicago. Then we're taking the   California Zephyr from Chicago to Denver. We are staying Sunday the sixteenth thru Saturday the twenty second. We leave Saturday the twenty second and get into Chicago on Sunday the twenty third. Leave Chicago the twenty third and get back to New York City on Monday the twenty fourth. We're there for some R and R. Plus I'm going to check out the Sheraton Downtown Denver hotel. That's where next years BMIFC convention is taking place. The convention is Wednesday July fifth thru Sunday July ninth. I'm doing three nights Friday July seventh, Saturday July eighth and Sunday July ninth at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Convention goers will get tickets to all three concerts at Red Rocks. Carly told me that  fans were upset because we're not having a formal sit down dinner during the convention. That's because on Friday  July the seventh we're going to Red Rocks earlier for a barbecue. Hot dogs, hamburgers and all the usual barbecue fixings. Then after the concert I got  the ok for us to stay later , That's so we can have a bonfire and toast marshmallows. Graham crackers, toasted marshmallow and Hershey's chocolate bar makes good s'mores. I can see us doing a three part round to Copacabana. I went over to my Facebook page to tell the fans about the barbecue instead of the sit down dinner. I let them know I was still going to eat dinner with them on Friday night. Fans loved that idea a lot. What they don't know is that I'll be coming to Wednesday nights meat and greet cocktail party. That's going to be outside by the swimming pool said Barry. Now we will be in Denver on Suzie Q's. birthday. That's another thing Suzie Q. won't be to happy about. Brian told me last week that Suzie Q. was hoping I was coming out to Palm Springs for her seventieth birthday. I basically ignore her said Barry. Also someone called me today about the Donald Trump Billy Bush Access Hollywood tape. They wanted to know what I thought of that tape. I told the person who called me that I don't discuss politics. Also I told them I never in my entire career did interviews with Access Hollywood, E News!, ET, Extra, Insider Showbiz Tonight and TMZ. They're either half hour or one hour tabloid TV programs. They're as bad as the Examiner, Globe, In Touch, Life  & Style, National Enquirer, OK,  Star  and US tabloid magazines. And I don't talk to any of them period! Now I have done interviews with Billboard, Cashbox, Keyboard, Details, G.Q. People, Rolling   Stone, Time and Newsweek. In fact I'm on the cover of the October issue of Keyboard magazine. I did a three page interview with them. I got together with Yamaha to create my own piano. Just like Elton John's red Yamaha grand piano. Mine is a Yamaha Avant Grand N3 piano. Keyboard Magazine has a contest in the October issue. You can win my Yamaha Avant Grand N3 piano autographed by me. Then this morning while I was over on Facebook. Someone took Freddie Said from Here At The Mayflower and posted it on Facebook with the caption "This One's For Hillary." I got a huge chuckle out of that. Since a lot of the people she knows have died. Underneath the post was a comment by Suzie Q. saying she didn't find that at all funny. Garry I've got three cold wet noses that are looking at me to get outside. So I'll let you go. Bye for now Barry said. Talk to you soon said Garry.

No comments:

Post a Comment