Monday, October 24, 2016

Facebook Message October 23, 2016

Hi Gang,
It's me Barry. Go checkout my Facts About Me it's a new add on to my Facebook page. The Facts About Me is  fifty seven thing you may or may not know about me. What else is new you might ask? Well there is the up coming Let Freedom Ring Benefit concert on November eleventh Veteran's Day at Madison Square Garden. I'm the guy behind this benefit for our American military men and women. Now so  I've gotten an Ok I'll preform from the following artists.  Billy Joel, Paul Simon, Carly Simon, Carole King, Santana, Pharrell Williams, Alicia Keys, Bruno Mars, Dave Koz, Melissa Manchester, Kenny G., Brian Murphy and myself. I asked Bette Midler to take part in this however she thought this was for Republican Donald Trump. The election is on November eighth and this is after the election. This is a benefit concert for the Wounded Warriors Project and American Vetdogs. Our American veterans need our help. These are two charities that I support. My father-in-law John Simon was a veterinarian in the Korean war. After he came back from Korea he went to work at the Bronx Zoo. He worked his way up to the head of their veterinary  department. He is now retired and my wife Carly has her dads old position at the zoo. Her dad also helped the doctors who took care of the wounded service men and women. I am a very proud American. The American flag flies on a poll that's attached to my house. I stand for the pledge of allegiance when it is said. When the national anthem is sung I sing along. That is why I wanted to do this Let Freedom Ring Benefit. To give back to the men and women who served our country in the military. American Vetdogs helps get service men and women with PTSD get a service dog that can help them when they are scared and lonely. I'm working on getting a few more recording artists to join in this benefit. One of the artists  I want to get is Art Garfunkle. I'm asking him to be a part of this so he and Paul Simon will sing their song Sounds Of Silence. That's one of my favorite songs. Each and every recording artist will get five hundred tickets for their fan clubs to sell. My five hundred tickets will go on sale this Friday October twenty ninth at ten am eastern time. You can also get tickets thru tickmaster and the Madison Square Garden box office on Monday October thirty first. There will be merchandise that will be on sale at the show. Let Freedom Ring tee shirts,  hoodie, keychain,  license plate cover and a bumper sticker.  Now  for those of you who can't go or don't get tickets to this benefit The three hour concert will be broadcasted live on November eleventh  on PBS from eight pm to eleven pm. Then it will be shown again between twelve am to three am. And yes I'm going to put this three hour benefit concert out as a two disc set CD and DVD. It will come out nest year in time for one of PBS' pledger breaks. Just a reminder that Sunday November thirteenth is the CD and vinyl signing at Rough Trade Records in Williamsburg Brooklyn for Here At The Mayflower II (More stories inside.).  Also remember I'm on the following shows the week of November fourth thru November eighth,  November fourteenth the Rachel Ray Show co-host Monday with me (Barry Manilow). The Late Show with Stephen Cobert Tuesday November fifteenth. Late Night with Seth Meyers Thursday November seventeenth. Today Show eight thirty am to nine am on the plaza for the Citi Concert Series. Todays Take with Tamron Hall Carson Daly and Hoda Kotb. I'll be inside talking to those three in the third hour nine am to ten am. Wednesday December twenty eighth thru Sunday January first are the original five nights I'll be doing at Radio City. Do to over whelming demand I've added six more concerts to the Radio City Music Hall shows Monday January second thru Saturday January seventh. Tickets for those shows go on sale Wednesday November ninth at ten am eastern time. Don't forget the Manilow Music Project musical instrument drive. Bring a new or gently used musical instrument to Radio City to get a pair of tickets to my show. You can also go to the radio City box office and drop off your instrument and get your tickets for the show of your choice December twenty eighth thru January seventh. Now to clear up some rumors floating around. Vikki Thomas is not leaving. She is still the director of the Manilow Music Project. Alicia Galay just took over as director of the One Voice Foundation. Gladys Pinch who used to be the BMIFC membership coordinator is the new BMIFC director. Starting next year there will be some new stuff. One is the new Barry Net homepage. Two is my new website with links to my Facebook, Manilow Music Radio Station, Manilow TV and my Twitter account. Two the Barry Grams will go online next year. The online Barry Grams will come out four times a year in March, June, September and December. The Barry Grams will be published and edited by me. How can I Barry Manilow do that? You might ask. Well I have my Mac Book Pro with me at all times.  The only times I 'm not on it is when I'm in  one of the bathrooms or the bedroom at home. Or the men's room when I'm not at home. Other than those three places I have my Mac Book Pro with me. Now on Monday October thirty first  there will be two streaming to audio clips up on my Facebook page. One is a song called Come Meet Eddie. Eddie is the new elevator operator at the Mayflower. The other is a new romantic version of Keep Each other Warm. Now you have my permission to download both songs. Then there's the Canadian Tour in March along with the BMIFC's Weekend In Canada weekend. The summer outdoor venue tour. The BMIFC Denver Convention. Along with the Keep Each Other Warm love song album coming out on Valentines Day February fourteenth. That's a Monday gang. Until the next time.
Love,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment