Thursday, September 22, 2016

Everyone I'm Back

Hi everyone I'm back. Kevin and Amy Jackson's renewal vows were wonderful. Amy looked oh so beautiful in her tea length pale cream dress. Her sister Christy was her matron of honor. Ken's best man was his brother Andrew. The ceremony was held on one of the beaches in Malibu. There is a restaurant in Malibu that over looks the pacific where they had their reception. The wedding cake was a white cake with raspberry filling and whip cream frosting. I see Carly got you up to speed on the latest 411. While I was out in LA someone said they heard I was endorsing the democrat candidate  for president. I told the person I'm not endorsing anyone for president. I'm not a political person. Nor is politics my thing. Making music and Broadway theatre is. When I go on Facebook it's to post stuff on my page, read the stuff you guys post. Check on the Facebook pages I do follow. Some were ones recommended by Carly. Ray Charles the Golden Retriever, Sunny Blue the Golden Retriever,  Zoe the seeing eye dog and Harlow and Sage. I follow Guiding Eyes For The Blind, America Vetdogs and BARC. I follow Broadway.com, Broadway World, Playbill and Theatre Mania. All my friends in the music business Eddie Arkin, Kenny G., Kevin Jackson, Billy Kidd, Dave Koz, Mike Lent, Michael Lington, Melissa Manchester, Joey Melotti, Bette Midler, Brian Murphy, Ron Pedley, Dana Robbins,
David Rosenblat and Dionne Warwick. Just so you all know I've never ever followed Suzie Q? on Facebook. She has sent me a few friends requests which I have denied. I have much better things to do than to read her drivel on Facebook. All about her hormone therapy stuff and ETC, Plus she still swears that I am gay and that Carly is my beard. Boy is she dead wrong on both accounts. Gees I'm a happily married man.  Hey Carly if you read the post I Love You forever and always. Yes it was "To have and to hold from this day forward for better for worse for richer for poorer  in sickness in health to love and to cherish as long as we both shall live." Even though we were married in an orthodox
Jewish wedding ceremony. I signed the Ketubah before the actual ceremony. I then went up to the front with my cousins Olivia and Dennis. I stood under the chuppah turned around to watch Carly walk down the aisle with her parents. We recited the orthodox Jewish wedding vows. Then we each took a drink of wine from the glass. The rabbi finished the wine wrapped the glass in a hankie placed it on the floor. I busted the hankie cover glass with my foot and everyone yelled Mozel Tov.  Mozel Tov means good luck in Hebrew. I know Suzie Q. wishes I was with Scott Nevins instead of Carly. Scott would love nothing better than to be my life partner and to be married to me. Well that's never
ever going to happen since I'm not gay nor am I interested in men. That was one of reasons I moved back to New York City. To get away from Scott and Suzie Q. pestering me. Beside the fact that I spent more time here than I did in Palm Springs. Beats me why I moved to LA then to Palm Springs in the first place. All my Broadway friends kept saying "Barry your making a big mistake moving out west. You'll come to regret it later. Which I did  come to regret back in two thousand seven. That's why I started house hunting back in my old stomping grounds of Brooklyn in two thousand eight. Tomas Sanchez my realtor found me the townhouse on Hicks Street in Brooklyn Heights where I now live. It has everything I wanted.  A garden floor with family room, small kitchen, half bath and Carly's computer room. Parlor floor half bath, living room, dinning room, big kitchen and coat closet. First floor master suite floor bedroom and bathroom. Second floor two guest bedrooms, bathroom with tub and laundry room. Third floor which is my at home songwriting, recording studio, home office, kitchenette and half bath. Closet space for dog food and treats and all our other stuff. A nice sized back yard for Max, Bailey and Bialy our Labrador Retrievers. Easy access to the subway that can take us into Manhattan. Also easy access for Carly to get to the zoo from our house. We're not to far from the Brooklyn Bowl where we can go bowling and eat their fried chicken. It is so good to be back in my hometown of Brooklyn. Moving on did  Carly mention the question about your favorite Broadway song that wasn't on my nineteen ninety one Showstoppers album? Well put your thinking caps on and  start thinking guys. Why? 'cause Showstoppers II will become a reality in the very near future. Ok Aussie and New Zealanders get ready because I'm heading down under in two thousand eighteen. That's June two thousand eighteen to exact. While I'm down under the BMIFC and I are planning a convention Melbourne. It will take place from Wednesday June fourteen thru Sunday June seventeen. There will be two concerts included in the convention price. I'm doing two concerts while in Melbourne Saturday June sixteenth and Sunday June seventeenth. So guess what Aussie and New Zealanders you'll get to help me celebrate my seventy fifth birthday. BMIFC director Alicia Galay and I are thinking up some cool stuff to do during the convention.  Australian cities Perth, Darwin, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. New Zealand Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland. The Australian and New Zealand tour schedule will be up in June of next year. Then July of next year is when the convention itinerary will be posted. The tour schedule will be under the concerts section of my Facebook page Also on the Barry Net under concert schedule. The convention itinerary will be up on the convention of my Facebook page. Plus on the Barry Net under up and coming conventions. So far there's the Weekend In Canada March two thousand seventeen. The Denver convention June two thousand seventeen. Then the Melbourne convention in June two thousand eighteen. Kevin my co-producer got the crazy idea I should sing Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport while I'm down under. I told him I'd look into the lyrics. We  shall see about that guys. I'm in the middle of working on my coffee table book. The running title for right now is "Barry Manilow All Around The World." It's going to be a book filled with photos of my adventures since nineteen eighty four when I started touring as a recording artist. Yes there will be some never before seen photos of me and the people who toured with me. I'm shooting for sometime in early two thousand eighteen.  Also you can go check the tour section of my Facebook page. Tickets for my NYE in NYC at RCMH go on sale this Friday September twenty third at ten am eastern time. Also going on sale on Friday December twenty third is the tickets for the BMIFC NYE party on Saturday December thirty first. Prior to the concert at Radio City Music Hall there will be a formal sit down dinner. Oh and yes I'll be there to dine with everyone. Then after the concert we'll have our New Years Eve party. I'll be there for that too. I also looked into hotel rooms at the Grand Hyatt Hotel for fans coming to New York City for the Radio City concerts. I was able to get a the rate of one hundred twenty five per night per room. So that's  one hundred twenty five for one person. Sixty two fifty for two people. Forty one seventy for three people. Thirty one twenty five for four people. That's per night for each person. Then on October tenth starting at ten am eastern time  you will be able to signup for the Weekend In Canada. October twelfth at ten am eastern time is when tickets will go on sale for the Canadian shows. Remember I'm always open to new idea. Oh and one other surprise before I let you go. I'm doing a video called The Making Of Here At The Mayflower. Back in two thousand one when I went into the recording studio to record Here At The Mayflower I video taped the recording sessions. That's what I did in April and May when I recorded Here At The Mayflower II (Many more stories inside.) That will come out with Here At The Mayflower II (Many more stories inside.) CD on November thirteenth.

No comments:

Post a Comment