Wednesday, December 2, 2015

No Such Luck

Barry got a phone call from Garry. Suzanne was asking about you he said. Yes I know said Barry. She called the house and talked to Carly. Carly told her I wasn't home. Even though I was here at the time. She also said to Suzanne "You have Barry's cell phone number. So why don't you call him." Well she doesn't have my cell phone number since I changed my number when I changed carriers. I dropped AT&T for Verizon. I got a better deal with Verizon. I told Carly I changed my number when I got my new iPhone 6s Plus. No wonder Suzanne was so upset when I talked to her said Garry. The main reason she wanted to talk to you was to invite you to her house for thanksgiving. Oh well I was out of town for thanksgiving. Carly and I went to New Orleans for thanksgiving said Barry. We went to Café du Monde down in the French Quarter. Where we had café au lait and beignet. I made sure I got some pralines. Took a ride on the Natchez steamboat. We road the streetcar through the Garden District. Spent a whole day at the Audubon Zoo. We went to French Quarter to listen to some jazz. We had a super time  the time we were  down there. I think we both needed that get away. Especially Carly after what she went through in August said Barry. Yeah that was something she should have never had to go through said Garry. We stayed at the Q&C Hotel on Camp street. Our room was a skyline king. I would highly recommend the Q&C Hotel to everyone. I checked Trivago and  I was able to get our room for one hundred and twenty five dollars a night. So our hotel for five nights was six hundred and twenty five dollars. I also highly recommend using Trivago. Trivago checks all the travel sites to find you different hotel prices at the same hotel. The Stephen Sondheim album is now being mastered.  I did check out Facebook earlier today said Garry. Brian Murphy was announcing some more tour dates. He's doing dates down south in January, February and March. He's going from Florida all the way to Phoenix, His fans are so very excited said Garry.  I'm not doing anything till Wednesday March sixteenth when I debut my Stephen Sondheim album at Carnegie Hall said Barry. I have some surprises for that night. When we got home yesterday I checked my email. I got an email from Barbra Streisand saying yes to being a part of the Carnegie Hall album debut. I had sent her a advanced copy of the album Barry Manilow Putting It Together The Songs Of Stephen Sondheim. In her email she said she loved it. She and I are going to do a duet on Somewhere from West Side Story. Barbra asked me who the  guys voices were at the beginning of Putting It Together were. I told her it was my ex-manager Garry Kief and my current manager Marc Hulett. I'm doing some daytime and night time talk shows that week. March twenty- one Rachel Ray co-host, March twenty-two Rough Trade album signing one pm to four pm, March twenty-three Carnegie Hall album debut, March twenty-four GMA and Late Night with Seth Meyers. Friday March twenty-fifth is Carly's birthday. I'm taking her out somewhere special said Barry.  Now after that I'm off till I leave for London. Me, my band and backup singers are leaving on Friday May thirteenth. Rehearsals start on Monday May sixteenth. Carly and her BFF Vicki Smith are coming to London for the BMIFC London Convention which takes place June fifteenth thru June nineteenth. Their roommates are Barbara Campbell and Kate McKinnon from the UK. Carly met Barbara back in  nineteen eighty-three at Blenheim Palace. That's when I did the concert for fifty thousand fans on the Duke of Marlboro's grounds.  Then Carly and Kate met in nineteen eighty-seven at the BMIFC's    Montreal Convention. Carly and Vicki were looking to get two more roommates. They got Kate and then Barbara need a some roommates. Ever since those four have been roomies for the conventions. They were roomies for the New York City convention this past June. Barbara and Kate are coming over to New York for the album debut at Carnegie Hall. They'll stay at our house. Monday March twenty-first Carly, Vicki, Barbara and Kate have tickets for The Rachel Ray Show. I'm providing for the whole class copies of my latest album. What the audience doesn't know is I'm autographing the CD's. Rachel gets a vinyl copy autographed. Then I pulled some strings and got the girls tickets to Late Night with Seth Meyers. I better let you go said Garry. I'll see you in March or maybe sooner. Barry hung up with Garry and went downstairs. Carly was just coming in from taking the dogs out. Get ready because we're going out said Carly. Oh we are said Barry. Yes we are with Bruce and Rob. Bruce said he and Rob wanted to take us out for pizza. He asked for the name of a good pizzeria. I suggested Juliana's Pizza at nineteen Old Fulton St. Now Bruce said he heard that it was voted best pizzeria in Brooklyn. Barry heard a knock at the door. He went to answer it. At the door was Bruce and Rob. Hi guys he said. Hi said Bruce and Rob back. Just then Carly came from upstairs. Hi guys she said. They said hi back to her. BTW Brian Murphy is on the cover of the December issue of the Advocate magazine said Rob. I put that in my Naughty But Nice column today. Plus rumor has it he's also on the cover of the December Issue of Palm Springs Life. Interesting said Barry. I just did an interview and photo shoot for Brooklyn Magazine. I was also on the cover of the October issue of Details Magazine. I was named their first ever style icon. Carly says I should be on the cover of G.Q.  Just like fans over on Facebook mentioned I should have been named People magazines Sexiest Man Alive instead of David Beckham. I don't worry about that stuff. Oh boy I did get an interesting phone call earlier today. Heather A. Pitchman President and CEO of the American Theatre Wing and The Broadway League called me. She called to ask me if I would host the 2016 Tony Awards. I said yes I would. So I called Marc and we rescheduled opening night at the Palladium for Thursday June ninth. The Tony Awards air on CBS Sunday June fifth at eight pm. Now I need to work on an opening for the show. You know why don't you open the Tony Awards with Putting It Together said Carly. That is a high energy song.


No comments:

Post a Comment