Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Barry's Facebook Message Dated 12/4/15

Hi Guys
It's me Barry Manilow once again coming at you from my Mac. I have a question for all of you. "What are you doing New Year's. New Years Eve?" Your all probably wondering why I'm asking you that. Because I'm hoping you will choose to spend your New Years Eve with me. You know the old sexy geezer. Before you make any of your comments. Remember now I'm old and in my early seventies. Now I don't act old nor do I look old but I am old. On Thursday December thirty-first I'm ringing in the New Years at Lincoln Centers David Geffen Hall. It seats two thousand seven hundred and thirty-eight people. That's why I'm asking all you BMIFC members what you are doing on New Years Eve this year. Because the New Years Eve show is for BMIFC members only. So I'm hoping you all can come and ring in two thousand sixteen with me. I told you in my last Facebook message that whenever I come up with other stuff that I want to do I'd let you all know. Well I came up with this and I'm letting you know about it. BMIFC tickets will go on sale thru the BMIFC only starting Tuesday December eighth at one pm eastern standard time. So What are you doing New Years Eve?Hopefully you're spending it with me. The other thing I need from you are suggestions for songs from my catalogue you want me to sing on New Years Eve. Now off course I'll sing It's Just Another New Years Eve. I'm even going to surprise you with a teaser song from 2:00AM Paradise Café II. All the songs have been written for the album. We just haven't done all the recording yet. We were in the middle of recording when Bud Harner got sick. Bud had an appendicitis attack which landed him in a hospital here in New York City. Right now h's back home in Los Angeles taking it easy for a while. Bud was one fourth of the jazz quartet Uncle Festive. Along with Marc Levine bass, John Pondel guitar and Ron Pedley keyboard. Bud Harner played drums in Uncle Festive. Uncle Festive was apart of my band from nineteen eighty-four to nineteen eighty-nine. Along with the following people Joe Melotti keyboard/vocals, Vanessa Brown percussion, Dana Robbins saxophone/vocals, Billy Kidd keyboard/vocals and Debra Byrd vocals. Until we meet on December thirty-first Merry Christmas and stay safe.
Love and sloppy wet kisses,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment