Friday, August 21, 2015

Twenty-first of August No Word Yet!

 
 
Shelia McKinnon posted a message in her Manilow Friends Facebook group. She mentioned todays date twenty-first of August and that nothing has been said about Barry doing any shows next year two thousand sixteen. Chris Hayword, Barbara Lake, Karen Gardiner, Linda Hull, Deborah Adams, Chris Gibbs and Patricia Livingstone all commented to Shelia's post. Linda Hull said "Hope it's May of next year?" Someone replied to Linda's comment. The person said "How does the London Palladium June first through August thirty-first of next year sound?" I often wondered if any entertainers had ever an extended run on the West End. Like I and others have done here in the states on Broadway. "Who are you?" asked Patricia. "Who am I?" he asked. Well I'm six foot tall, light brown hair, blue eyes and I'm one hundred and sixty-five pounds. I was born on Thursday June seventeenth nineteen forty-three at Beth Moses hospital Brooklyn New York. I lived in the neighborhood of Williamsburg with my mother Edna and my grandparents Joe and Esther. I graduated in nineteen sixty-one from Eastern District High. I was married to my high school sweetheart Susan Dexlier. I worked in the mailroom for a while at CBS TV in New York City, I wrote commercial jingles for KFC, Band Aids, State Farm insurance, Chevy cars, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, Stridex, McDonalds and others. I've had many musicals on Broadway and London's West End. Maybe you've seen Copacabana, Down Avenue C, Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed, London, Heaven, Harmony, 15 Minutes. Or maybe you've bought one of my albums. 2:00AM Paradise Café, Swing Street,  Live On Broadway, Because It's Christmas, Showstoppers, Singing With The Big Bands, Manilow Sings Sinatra, In The Swing Of Christmas, Here at The Mayflower, New York State Of Mind and Something's Comin' Up. Maybe you've heard Daybreak, It's A Miracle, This One's For You and others that I wrote for pop singer Brian Murphy. I just recently got married for the second time to Carl Manilow on Sunday July twelfth. Oh you can't be who I think it said Karen. Who do you think I am? he commented, No you can't be him said Barbara. Who can't I be? he again commented. Chris Hayword said Barry Manilow. Now what if I am? he said. What if you are said Shelia well I just don't believe you one bit. Ok do any of you have Skype? he asked, Chris Gibbs said she did since her brother moved to the states after he married his American wife. So can you other ladies meet at Chris Gibbs' house? he asked. Because if you can then maybe we can Skype sometime. Shelia said that they were all getting together at Chris Gibbs' house next Friday, Saturday and Sunday for their Barry weekend. Great he said. Chris can you give me your number. Then next Saturday August twenty-ninth I'll Skype you at three pm EST Brooklyn New York City time. Which is eight PM BST London England time. Will that work for you ladies he said. Yes they each commented to his post. Well the week couldn't go any faster than it did. Because now it was Saturday night August twenty-ninth. Exactly at eight pm Chris Gibbs got her Skype call. Chris said hello. Hi Chris said Barry. Oh My God girls get in here it's Barry Manilow. Come on said Shelia you must be joking. No I'm not said Chris Gibbs' So the other ladies came in and sat down. Hello ladies said Barry. Oh my you weren't joking said Barbara. Shelia never realized I joined her Facebook group Manilow Friends. I used my actual name when I asked to join. I actually joined a couple of Facebook groups besides Manilow Friends. I'm in Night Songs and Just One Voice. Right now Carly not here. She's at the Bronx zoo delivering a new baby giraffe. It's a girl and she's being named Lola. Carly is the head veterinarian at the Bronx zoo. So she gets called out when she's need to deliver a baby animal. She said to tell Shelia, McKinnon, Chris Hayword, Agnes Gowens, Barbara Lake, Cheryll Hammett and Lain Clairingbold hi. Also that she hopes to see them next year at the BMIFC UK convention. Oh maybe you ladies remember Carly  before she got married. Her maiden name was Simon. Oh my said Shelia Carly told us she was getting married. But she didn't say who she was marring. Well I'm the lucky guy. Or maybe you ladies would say she's the lucky girl to be marring me. I better let you girls go so you can enjoy the rest of your Barry weekend. Oh one more thing. Chris did you get the package I over knighted to you? Yes said Chris. Before I finally let you go open up the package I sent you Chris. Chris opened the package and found twenty-four
Twelve are from Wednesday June seventeenths Metropolitan Opera House concert that was taped for PBS' Great Performances. Then the other twelve are from Saturday June twentieth Delacorte Theatre concert for BMIFC members only. Both concerts were taped for DVD's said Barry so there's one for each of you plus Agnes Gowens, Cheryll Hammett and Lain Chairingbold. Enjoy ladies. Bye Barry they all said to him. When Shelia looked at her clock it was eleven pm. Do you girls know we were on Skype with Barry for three hours. Well have to watch one of the DVD's tonight and the other on tomorrow night. Shelia chose the Delacorte Theatre one since it was a BMIFC members only concert.


No comments:

Post a Comment