Monday, August 24, 2015

"Did Your City Make The List?"

"Did your city make the list?" What list said Barry as he looked at a post on Facebook. There is no list of fifty cities on my Facebook page people. I need some "ME" time and some "CARLY and ME" time. Not more come to my city Barry and do a concert please. I just finished a twenty-eight city tour. Barry shut off his iMac and went down stairs. He took the dogs out and after they did their business he let them in. Then he went out the front door and down the stairs to his Range Rover. He opened the door and got in. Barry started up the Range Rover but nothing happened. So he went back inside and waited a half hour. He went back out and tried again no such luck. Barry called his mechanic Doug and told him his Range Rover wouldn't start. So Doug sent over one of his guys Kevin. When Kevin got there he tried the jumper cables but those didn't work. So  he popped the lid of the Range Rover and looked at the engine and such. Kevin told Barry he was going to tow the SUV back to the garage. He told him either he or Doug would call him when they knew what was wrong. After Kevin left then Carly came home. How was your da? she asked Barry. Well all right said Barry. Except my Range Rover died and Doug sent Kevin over to look at it. Kevin towed it away and told me either he or Doug would call when they knew what was wrong. When did you get your Range Rover? asked Carly. Let me see. it was two thousand and six said Barry. So you've had your Range Rover for nine years total. Plus you moved back east in two thousand and nine. That was the year you drove cross country in your Range Rover with your two dogs. You've also drove it out to the Hamptons many times. Plus you drove it to upstate New York   Saratoga Springs, Albany and the Adirondacks So that put a lot wear and tear on your SUV. Maybe it's time you got a new vehicle. You could be right said Barry. Ok I have an idea. How about we go out for pizza and a movie. I'll treat and you get to pick the pizzeria and the movie said Carly. How about Dellarocco's of Brooklyn at 214 Hicks St. for the pizza. Then we can got to Cobble Hill Cinema. I know this sounds stupid but I'd like to see the movie Shaun The Sheep. I checked and it's playing at   the Cobble Hill Cinema. That doesn't sound stupid said Carly. There is a kid in all of us who likes to see animated movies. Like Shaun The Sheep, The Little Mermaid,  Rapunzel and etc. Let me change clothes and I'll be ready to go. When Carly came back down off they went for pizza and a movie. After the movie ended they headed home. Once back at home Barry took the dogs out. Carly went up stairs to put her pajamas on. Then she came down to the living room. Barry came back in with dogs. He then went up stairs and put his pajamas on. When he got down stairs Carly was watching WNBC 4  eleven pm news. Barry went into the kitchen and got a bag of Chester's Cheese Puff Corn for their snack. They both munched on the puff corn while they watched the news. After the news they watched Late Night with Seth Meyers. Barry digital video recorded the show from the night before. Then they went up stairs did what they needed to do in the bathroom. They crawled into bed. Barry said goodnight to Carly and kissed her on the lips. Carly said goodnight back to Barry. Soon Carly felt Charlie snuggle next to her. Barry didn't mind Charlie on the bed since he was a thirteen inch beagle. Barry's two black Labrador retrievers slept in doggie beds against one of the bedroom walls. Soon the alarm clock went off. Both Barry and Carly got up and got dressed. They went down stairs. Carly took the dogs out while Barry made breakfast. While eating breakfast Carly asked "What's up for today?" Well said Barry I need to do the grocery shopping I didn't get done yesterday. Ok said Carly I need to put gas in my Jeep. So we'll go out and run some errands. They got into Carly's Jeep and headed to Shell gas station at 1064 Atlantic Ave because it was open twenty-four hours a day. Then they went to Trader Joes supermarket for some groceries. They took the groceries home and put them away. Then the phone rang. it was Doug Barry's mechanic he called to tell him that the engine in his Range Rover was shot. So Doug told Barry he better get himself a new set of wheels. Barry told Carly that Doug had called about his Range Rover. He told Carly what Doug said was wrong with the Range Rover. So I need a new vehicle said Barry. I guess your going to want another Range Rover said Carly. Barry not really. I thinking of getting something different this time. I was thinking maybe I'd get a Jeep. I know the right Jeep dealer said Carly. I got my two thousand five Jeep Wrangler from Larchmont Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge. Actually that's where I've gotten all my Jeeps from. When I went on Google and searched New York City Jeeps dealers Larchmont Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge had no one star ratings. You can give the dealers a one to five star rating. After lunch let go up there and look around ok said Carly. Ok said
Barry. They ate their lunch. After lunch Barry took the dogs out one more time. He brought the dogs back in  then they left for the Jeep dealers.

No comments:

Post a Comment