Sunday, August 30, 2015

New Set Of Wheels

It was Friday morning when Barry and Carly went to the Jeep dealers. Barry and Carly went out and got in Carly's Jeep Wrangler. They headed to Larchmont Chrysler Jeep Dodge. Once there Carly parked her Jeep. They looked around at the cars, SUV's and trucks. One of the dealers came over and asked if they could help them. Carly asked if  Richard Dean was working today. Jim Kelly said he was and that he'd go get him. Soon Richard came out to help them.  I'm here with Barry my husband. Barry's two thousand six Range Rover finally died. So he needs a new vehicle said Carly. Barry had decided he wanted a different color other than black. His 2006 Range Rover was black.   Actually he wanted a different type of vehicle. Barry had three different colored Range Rovers. He had a red one, grey one and a black one. Prior to the Range Rovers Barry had a BMW. and convertible Roll Royce. Barry still wasn't sure what model of vehicle to get He looked the Jeep Renegade. Then he had been thinking about the Volkswagen Beetle. So they left the Larchmont Chrysler Jeep Dodge without putting a down payment on anything. Barry also wanted to look at a Volkswagen. He was thinking maybe a Volkswagen Beetle. So on Saturday Barry and Carly took the subway into Manhattan to the Open Road Volkswagen dealer. Barry looked at the Volkswagen Beetle GRS which was yellow with a wide black stripe down the front and back,. The problem was Barry wasn't sure what he was going to do about getting a new vehicle. So right now all Barry had was his vanity license plate that read NYC RHYM. Carly told Barry that her Jeep Wrangler was ten years old. Even thought is still runs good I've decided to get a new vehicle. Carly wasn't exactly sure what kind to get. Barry and Carly went to a near by deli for lunch. After lunch they headed home to let the dogs out. Carly went to down stairs to her computer room. She turned on her computer and went to check her email. After that she went to Facebook. Over there US fans were begging for more cities. While UK fans were wondering when Barry was going to announce when he was coming to the UK. Carly quickly called Barry on his iPhone. She told him to go check Facebook. Which Barry did. Holy crap said Barry They just won't stop begging. No they won't said Carly. Carly hung up with Barry to let him get back to his work whatever that was. Barry went on his Facebook page to post a new message. Barry left his Facebook page and went to Google. That's when he went surfing for vehicles and dealers. It was now Monday and Carly was at work. So Barry decided he'd go vehicle shopping. He went to Land Rover Larchmont in New Rochelle. One of sales personal came over and introduced himself. Hi I'm Jack Richards. Can I help you find something. I looking for a new SUV said Barry. My 2006 Range Rovers engine blew up a few weeks ago. I took a drive out to Long Island in my Range Rover. On my way home I smelled smoke and pulled over. I got out of the Range Rover and ran away from it as fast as I could. When I got far enough away my Range Rover caught on fire. I called 911 and told them what  had happened. They sent out the police and a fire truck to put out the flames.  When they got there I told them exactly what happened. I also called my mechanic Doug Freeman. He came to tow the Rover and take me home. Since then I've been using a loaner. What kind of Land Rover was it? asked Jack. It was a black two thousand six Range Rover said Barry. I need a big SUV to fit my wife, two big dogs and one little dog in. Jack showed Barry a Range Rover  Sport in a red color. Barry told Jack he wanted black for his color. Barry ended up purchasing a two thousand sixteen Range Rover HSE Td5 3.0L turbocharged V6 diesel in Mariana black pearl. Jack told Barry his Rang Rover  would be in in three weeks. Barry thanked Jack for his help and then he left. When he got home Carly was already there. I was out car shopping said Barry. I went  to Land Rover Larchmont in New Rochelle.  I ordered a two thousand sixteen Range Rover HSE Td6 3.0L V^6 diesel in Mariana black pearl. It has a rear backup camera so you can see what's behind you. Button that starts the Rover without putting a key in the ignition. Sirius XM satellite radio along with the songs on my iPod programed in. Bluetooth so I can talk and keep both hands on the steering wheel. Heated seats with adjustable temperature controls. Total cost for my new Range Rover HSE Td6 with the extra charges is ninety eight thousand three hundred and forty five. It will be in three weeks. This Range Rover takes diesel and not petrol. Now the Jeep Renegade we looked at was a little too small for me said Barry. It's you and three dogs that I need to fit in my SUV. That's why I got that  one said Barry. I need some bells and whistles but not all of them. Now how about you Carly what kind of vehicle are you leaning towards? asked Barry. Two thousand sixteen Volkswagen Beetle R-line said Carly.  I left work early and went to Open Road Volkswagen in Manhattan. It's at 802 11th Avenue. I got to test drive a Volkswagen Beetle R-Line SEL hatchback it was a black one.  The sales person was a guy named Garry Feldman. I asked him if you could get every color in a hatchback. He said yes you can. I told Garry I wanted to rear spoiler on the back. He told which model came with that.  I ordered the Volkswagen Beetle R-Line 2DR hatchback. The color I picked out is called Denim. The price with everything including tax and surcharges came to thirty four thousand four hundred and fifty. Then Carly showed Barry a photo of the car on her iPhone. Wow said Barry that's super cool Beetle.
If we live out west I might have gotten a convertible said Carly. I'm getting a good trade in deal on my Jeep Wrangler. I always liked the opening to the movie Foul Play. That's where Goldie Hawn's caricature is driving on the Pacific Coast Highway 101 in a Volkswagen Beetle convertible. As she's driving your singing Ready To Take A Chance Again.  That's why I'm getting a Volkswagen Beetle said Carly.

No comments:

Post a Comment