Friday, December 26, 2014

Oh Brother

Oh brother is right said Barry. Now their discussing my faith over on Facebook and Altfan-barrymanilow. Gees I'm three quarters Jewish and one quarter Irish. My biological dad Harold Keliher's mom was Irish and his biological dad was Jewish Pincus was his last name. They were married for a few years then they got a divorce. Then his mom married an Irishman named Keliher. Harold's mom had him use Mr. Keliher's last name.  My dad's mom divorced her second husband too. My mom's parents Joseph and Esther Manilow are both Jewish. So were their parents. Because my mom is Jewish that makes me Jewish. If she wan't then I wouldn't be Jewish at all. From the time I  was a little boy I've been going to synagogue with my  grandparents and my mom. I was born and raised an orthodox Jew and I still am. We went to Congregation Beth Jacob Ohev Sholom synagogue  in Williamsburg which is an orthodox synagogue. I still go there every Saturday except when I'm on tour. Then I try to find an orthodox synagogue in the city I'm performing in. If not then I go to a conservative  synagogue. I was married back in May of 1964 to my high school sweetheart Susan Dexlier. We got a divorce a year and four months later. Susan wanted a nine to five husband which I was not. Music was already in my blood and so was the theatre. I took up the accordion when I was seven. Then when I was thirteen my mom remarried. She married a Irishman named Willie Murphy. Willie brought with him stacks of Broadway cast and Jazz albums which I devoured like a sponge. They also go me a spinet piano to play after they caught me playing the neighbors Steinway grand piano. I lived on Keap St. with them. I had a single bed in a closet to sleep on. So I don't know how they come up with me not keeping my faith. Maybe Brian Murphy doesn't keep his faith. Barry went over to his Mac and turned it on. He then went over to his Facebook page to put up the latest on his Brooklyn Blues tour. He was adding some Canadian cities in November of 2015. Vancouver Orpheum Theatre, Edmonton Winspear Center, Toronto Roy Thomson Hall and Montreal Maison Symphonique. These were regular theatre styled concert venues. Barry made Montreal the last stop right before Thanksgiving. That was because he decided to spend Thanksgiving in Montreal. A few of his friends Suzanne and her husband and Lorna and her husband were coming up to Montreal then. While on Facebook Barry went over to this one Facebook page that he kept tabs on. The owner was someone who loved to tell everyone she was BFF's with him. Well she was full of BS why? Because Barry was not BFF's with her. Barry was friends with a few of his fans. He was friends with the members of the  Brooklyn Beagles  BMFC from New York City NY. The Brooklyn Beagles was the oldest of all his sanctioned local fan clubs. The club was run by Shelly Nelson , Andrea Ross and Gina Sanchez. Shelly, Andrea and Gina started the club back in 1973 which was forty-one years ago. Plus he was friends with the Manilow Fans Forever BMFC from Pittsburgh PA. Manilow Fans Forever was second oldest fan club. Maniliow Fans Forever was run by Jane Kelly and Laura Smith. Kelly and Laura started the fan club in 1975 which was thirty-nine years ago. Other than those two local fan clubs Barry wasn't real friendly with any other fans or local fan clubs.  Both of these fan clubs still had the original fans who started the clubs as directors.

No comments:

Post a Comment