Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas

Yes Merry Christmas all right. This year for Christmas Barry got Marc his manager a KHS Urban X urban bicycle for his Christmas present. Barry figured Marc needed a new bicycle to tool around New York City on since his old bike was it's last leg. Barry has discovered KHS bicycles when he needed a new mountain bike. Barry loved going mountain biking. Barry took up mountain biking back in two thousand. He did his research and bought a KHS 2500 650B mountain bike. Barry was going to put together Marc's bike and put a ribbon with a bow around it. He was putting next to his Christmas tree since Marc was coming over on Christmas. Just then he heard his door bell ring. So Barry went down to the front door to answer it. It was the UPS driver. He said I have a package for Barry Manilow. Barry I'm him. The driver said sign here which Barry did. The driver had put the package up against the porch railing. Barry went down to see who It came from. The return address read Garry Kief Palm Springs. Barry went into the house to get something to open the box with. Just then his cell phone played the beginning of Every Breathe You Take by the Police. Hello said Barry hi said Garry. What's up said Barry. Garry said Marry Christmas. Barry said Merry Christmas back.  You know I got a huge box that was delivered by UPS in my front yard said Barry. Oh really said Yes really said Barry and it's got your return address on it. Garry that's my Christmas present for you. I hope you like it said Garry. Barry put his cell phone on speaker so he could open up the box. Once he got the box open Barry said what is this? Garry it's a KHS 4 Season 500 bicycle. You can use it in all kinds of weather. You can ride it on grass, sand and even snow. So now you can go bicycling in the dead of winter said Garry. Is that why the tires are so fat said Barry. Yes said Garry so you can ride it in the snow. Did you get my gift? said Barry. Yes said Garry thanks for the Seiko watch my watch just died said Garry. So what did you get Marc for Christmas? I got him a new urban bicycle. It's a KHS Urban X urban street bicycle. Marc really needed a new bicycle to tool around New York City on. I've done that many times with my urban bicycle said Barry. I've even ridden it into Manhattan. Why someone saw me and videoed me riding around Manhattan on my bike. There are a lot of places that now have bike space. That's space where you can park your bike while your there doing what you need to do. The Brooklyn Bridge has a bike path for us bicyclists to bike. So that's how I get into Manhattan during the spring, summer and fall. I bike into Manhattan. So now I'll  be able to bike into Manhattan even in the winter. I have three bikes now. My KHS Urban X urban street bike, KHS 2500 650B mountain bike and now this KHS 4 Season 500 year round bike. Thanks so much for this new set of biking wheels said Barry. You're welcome said Barry. Are you having Chinese for Christmas asked Garry. No why did you ask said Barry. Because that's what I heard that Jewish people eat Chinese on Christmas. Actually I'm having Italian for Christmas. I'm having antipasto platter as my appetizer course. Then mixed baby greens with balsamic vinaigrette salad course, risotto with mushrooms and pecorino romano for the pasta course, herb roasted beef rib roast with potatoes, broccoli rabe with garlic and red chili's is the main dinner course and tiramisu for desert. Marc's wife  Kaley is making panettone for desert. Kaley is Italian. But I'm making everything else. I've already made some Italian cookies to have later on with coffee. This past Monday I was Rachel Ray's co-host for the whole hour.  Rachel said her what's for dinner was going to he a lamb burger. So when we came back from a commercial break. Rachel was going to start with her lamb burger. When I told her sit I'm cooking what's for dinner tonight. She looked at and said "You cook!" I said yes or I'd starve if I didn't I said what's for dinner is my take on a carbonara. Since I'm Jewish I don't eat pork. So I have to so this dish differently. My version is spaghetti with eggs, pecornino  Romano cheese and peas. Also I add garlic because I like garlic. Wait I said  something's missing . I scratched my head and said I know what is missing as I washed my hands. John would you get out here I said. Out came John Cusimano  Rachel's husband. I heard from Rachel many times while watching her show that you love carbonara. So who better for her to share what's for dinner with than you John. So I made my spaghetti eggs and peas with garlic carbonara for them. What's for dinner went with my Manilow Merlot wine said Barry. After Christmas I'll be out your way to do Ellen and The Late Late Show with Stephen Colbert. I've already done The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon Today Show and Meredith Vera. As you know I wont do The View. I can't stand Rosie O'Donald's big foul mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment