Friday, December 12, 2014

Media Blitz And More.

 

Manilow Media Blitz. That's right! In January Barry was doing a major media blitz for his album New York State Of Mind. Which included CD signings, radio and TV shows. Starting on Monday January 5th with the Rachel Ray show and Barry as her co-host. Tuesday January 6th was the Meredith Vera show. Thursday January 8th was The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. The Today Show wqas Friday January 9th  second  hour. Then at the end of the month Barry was doing Ellen on Tuesday January 27th and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Thursday January 29th. He was doing a major radio blitz from his home studio the week of January 5th. Barry was also doing some CD signing at Barnes And Noble stores across the US. Barry was doing signings in Atlanta January 10, Washington DC January 13, New York City January 7, Boston January 15, Pittsburgh 17, Chicago January 19, Denver January 21, Seattle January 23 and Los Angeles. January 28. Then on Saturday February 14th Barry would be back in Los Angeles to kick off his Brooklyn Blues Tour. Barry was playing at the Pantages Theatre for two nights. From there he was heading up north to Seattle and then going back east doing shows along the way. Shows in Portland, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Memphis, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Raleigh, Washington DC, Pittsburgh,  Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Baltimore, Boston, Portland ME and New York City. Barry didn't put Las Vegas on the list of cities  because he hated Las Vegas with a passion. Barry had offers for headliner gigs over the years. He got offers from the once Las Vegas Hilton, Mirage,  Paris Venetian and Caesars. Barry turned them all down which made those hotels mad at him. Yet Barry loved Atlantic City. Maybe it was the fact that Atlantic City was along the Atlantic ocean. Barry had played Caesars Atlantic City many times. This time he was playing The Music Box at the Borgata for three nights. All of Barry's shows were going to be at theatres. Another thing Barry hated arenas way to big. Barry liked theatres more. It had to do with his Broadway theatre background. Since he was mainly a Broadway songwriter and not a recording artist Barry love theatres better. All of a sudden the phone rang. It was Michele Green director of the BMIFC and publisher of the Barry Gram's. Barry said hello Michele what can I do for you. Barry can you email me your The Mensch Speaks editors letter said Michele. I want to get the winter 2014 issue 1 Barry Gram to the printers. That's so we can mail out the Barry Gram's before Christmas. Sure thing said Barry. I'm also adding my Christmas message with a selfie. So that the fans can see me minus makeup and state attire. Me in my comfortable clothes jeans and button front shirts. It will be a selfie of me, Maggie and Max. Plus I have my article on my rehearsing for my Brooklyn Blues Tour. Jut then Barry heard a beep in his ear. Michele I've got another call coming in. So I'll let you go. Bye said Barry Michele said bye back. Barry went to answer the other caller. Hello he said. Hello you sound rather chipper said Marty. Oh hi Marty said Barry. What's up? Well have you got your TV on said Marty. No said Barry. well you better put it on said Marty WMY channel 7 is what you want . TMZ is coming on next. OK said Barry my TV is on and it's turned to WMY channel 7. Godfrey Lowe who was sitting in for Harvey Jackson who was off. Said We've got a TMZ exclusive for you. Here's Doug  Chen with the latest. Doug my sources claim Cherie Starkey has outed famed Broadway songwriter Barry Manilow. What the hell said Barry. I thought you'd  be interested in that said Marty. I saw an article in The current Globe magazine about Ms. Starkey outing you. Gees said Barry. Just then Barry's phone beeped.. Let me get this said Barry. Ok said Marty talk to you later. Hello said Barry. Barry it's Marc. I take it you heard the news. Yes I saw the news on TMZ. Marty called and told me to tour on WMY channel 7. He said TMZ was on and I needed to see this. Marty said there's also an article in the latest issue of The Globe magazine. Where Ms. Cherie Starkey is outing me. Marc don't worry I'll take care of this. Barry said Marc this is my problem so I'll take care of it ok. OK said Marc. Barry remembered that  correspondent  Jackson Stack for The Insider was in town to cover the movie premier of The Night Crawler. So Barry called Jackson on his cell phone. Jackson answered his phone with a hello who's this. Jackson this is Barry Manilow. Hey Barry what's up. Where are you said Barry. Jackson said I'm in a Walgreens drug store. Are you anywhere near the magazines? No but I can be said Jackson. Checkout page 40 of the latest issue of The Globe. Ok said Jackson What's the deal? Well said Barry a Ms. Cherie Starkey has outed  me in the latest  issue of The Globe. What said Jackson? after he looked at the article. You squeaky clean Manilow with no secrets. Right me squeaky clean Manilow who's always been honest about his sexual orientation. OMG said Jackson who is this Cherie Starkey? Hell if I know said Barry. Do you think you could get a hold of your producers at The Insider asked Barry. Yes said Jackson. Tell them the story and that  you'll do an exclusive interview with me tomorrow from my home that they can put on tomorrow nights broadcast. Sure thing said Jackson. I'll call them as soon as I hang up with you. Then I'll call you right back to set up the meeting. Everyone who was with me for The Night Crawler screening is still here and can come to do my interview with you tomorrow. Ok said Barry I'll wait for your call. After Jackson called Barry back. Barry called Marc and told him what was going on. The next day Barry did an exclusive interview with The Insiders Jackson Stack to set the record straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment