Monday, November 25, 2013

Put A Ring On It


Marc came into JFK airport around 2:45PM. He had taken United flight 265 earlier that morning. Barry was there waiting for him. Hi Marc how was your flight asked Barry. Fine said Marc. You know you should move out eat said Barry. Yeah I know said Marc. Lets got get your bag said Barry. So off they went to the baggage claim area. Marc found his bag and off they went to catch a cab. Barry gave the cab driver his address. The driver went off to Barry's town house. When the cab driver pulled up to the town house Barry paid the driver. The drover got out of the cab and got Marc's bag out of the trunk. Marc's bag and marc gave him a tip and thanked him. Barry and Marc headed into the town house. Barry showed Marc to the guest bedroom. Marc said I want to show you something Barry. Marc unzipped his suitcase and found the small bag with the box in it. He took the box out of the bag and opened it up. Inside was a light blue topaz ring with diamonds around it. WOW said Barry that sure does sparkle. Remember the last time I was here I meet Julie Anne Berkovic's friend Susan Barrett. Yes I remember. Well Susan and I exchanged phone numbers. Since then we've been talking on the phone just about every day. Susan even came out to LA twice. Besides coming here for business I'm putting a ring on it. You're doing what said Barry. I'm putting a ring on it. said Marc. The it being Susan's left finger. You're going to propose to Susan said Barry. Yes said Marc. Congratulations said Barry. I not only fell in love with her cupcakes but I fell in love with her said Marc. Of course Barry I want you to be my best man. Why sure I'll be your best man said Barry. If Susan says yes I'm going to talk her into a destination wedding said Marc. Wherever she want to get married is fine with me. The only thing I'd like is something small and intimate said Marc. I thought we'd go to the empire state building before dinner. That's where I'll pop the question. From there we'll go to the Copacabana for dinner. Are you going to get down on one knee asked Barry. I guess I should said Marc. Well I think your ring is gorgeous said Barry. She'd be a fool not to say yes. I hope you're right said Marc. The next day Darren Griffin called and Barry told him the news about Marc proposing to Susan Barrett. Darren said I know the perfect place to get married Martha's Vineyard. I'm a member of the Vineyard Haven Yacht Club. Samantha and I have a summer home there so I can get the yacht club for Marc's wedding. They can get married on the beach and have their reception inside the yacht club building.  Let me know the date so I can reserve the yacht club for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment