Thursday, October 17, 2013

I'm Ready For My Close Up!

Harmony was being produced by Robert Zemeckis  and direct by Tony Speciale for Paramount Pictures. Robert Zemeckis saw Harmony when it played the Ahmanson Theatre in 2014. Robert wanted to turn it into a motion picture then. But he figured Barry Manilow and Bruce Sussman would want to get it on Broadway first. So he waited until Harmony was fully established on Broadway before he went calling. Barry was surprised to hear from Robert Zemeckis. Barry remembered the day Robert called. Ring Hello is Barry Manilow there? Yes this is Barry Manilow. Who is this please? asked Barry. It's movie  producer Robert Zemeckis. Oh   said Barry. Barry I was calling because I would like to talk to you about your musical Harmony. Really said Barry. Yes said Robert. I saw Harmony back in 2013 when it played the Ahmanson Theatre. I knew then I wanted to turn it into a movie musical. However I knew you would want to take it to Broadway first. So I've been waiting till Harmony had been on Broadway for while before I contacted you. Now what I'd like to do is keep the Broadway cast intact for the movie. I'd even like to keep your director Tony Speciale on as the movies director. I would do double duty as both a producer and director so I can give Tony help if he needs it. Now I'll give you and Bruce Sussman some time to think about it then I'll call you back for your answer. Bye for now said Robert Zemeckis Bye back said Barry. As soon as Barry hung up with Robert Zemeckis he called Bruce. Ring! Hello said Bruce. Bruce you'll never guess who called. Barry is that you said Bruce? Yes said Barry it's me. Ok who called? asked Bruce. Movie producer Robert Zemeckis said Barry. Ok what did he want? asked Bruce. Bruce he wants to produce Harmony. He wants to what? asked Bruce. Robert Zemeckis wants make Harmony into a move musical Like  all those Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals were turned into movie musicals. You're kidding said Bruce. No I'm not kidding said Barry. Robert Zemeckis said we would be filming in Germany, New York and a London studio which would be used for all the other places. He also mentioned something about doing the concert scenes  at Carnegie Hall, Philhamonie  in Germany and Royal Albert Hall in London. Robert said he's call back in a few days for our answer said Barry. Bruce told Barry yes about Robert Zemeckis turning Harmony into a motion picture musical. Days later Barry called Bruce to tell him he told Robert Zemeckis yes to turning Harmony into a movie musical. Barry then called Shayne Kennon, Chris Dwan, Tony Yasbeck, Douglas Williams, Will Blum,  Will Taylor, Lee An Larkin and Hannah Corneau. He told them he and Bruce wanted to take them out for dinner. Barry also called Tony Speciale to tell him about the dinner. Barry and Bruce took them all out for dinner to tell them the great news. Everyone you've heard of movie producer Robert Zemeckis. Well he called me recently to tell me he wants to turn Harmony into a motion picture musical. Like all the Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals were turned into movie musicals. Robert said he wants to keep the entire cast for the movie. Plus Tony he wants you to direct the picture. Robert said he'll do double duty as the producer and executive director to give you some help if you need it. When I said the entire cast that includes the secondary cast members. We' ll start filming late August in Berlin Germany. Then we will also film in New York City and a London studio. If you've ever thought about being a movie star here's your chance to do so said Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment