Friday, October 18, 2013

Ah! Abby Cadabby

Barry ran into Samantha Griffin. Barry said hi Samantha. hello Barry said Samantha. Barry asked Samantha if Abigail had a nickname. Samantha said well she does. However she's not real crazy about it. Oh really said Barry. Yes said Samantha. Ever heard of the PBS kids show Sesame Street asked Samantha. Sesame Street said Barry. Yeah Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Grover and etc. Huh said Barry.  How about Kermit the frog he was on Sesame Street too. Oh Kermit the frog I've hear of him said Barry. I was even photographed with him and Jim Henson years ago. Well there is a Sesame Street muppet called Abby Cadaby. That's Abigail's nickname. She got that name from some friends she went to school with. Abigail actually hates it. Really I think it's kind of cute said Barry. Well I've got to get going he said. Ok I'll tell Abby I saw you said Samantha. Barry continued walking till he cam to Tiffany jewelers. There was his manager Marc Hulett standing there. We're going in said Barry I have something to pick up and I want to show it to you. So they went inside Tiffany's jewelry store. May I help you said the clerk. Yes you can I'm Barry Manilow and I'm here to pick up some jewelry. You bought jewelry here said Marc. Yes said Barry it's two pieces that will go together eventually. The clerk came out with the black velvet box and opened it up. Is this exactly what you ordered the clerk said. Yes said Barry. What do think Marc said Barry. What do I
think of what asked Marc. The rings said Barry. There very beautiful said Marc. Ok so who are these for? asked Marc.  There for Abby Cadabby said Barry. Abby Cadabby who is that? asked Marc. You know Abby Stern the girl  I've been going with for a while now. I ran  into Abby's friend Samantha Griffin who told me that Abby Cadabby was Abby's nickname when I asked her what it was. Ok so what dose this have to do with these rings asked Marc. Well I'm going to ask Abby to marry me.
You're going to what asked Marc. I'm going to ask Abby Stern to marry me. That's what I thought you said. Abby doesn't know this but I met her parent and two brothers last week for lunch. I was a good boy and asked for Abby's hand in marriage. I showed everyone a photo of the rings I took on my iPhone. Samantha gave me Abby's ring size. I told Samantha I wanted to get Abby a vintage ring
for Christmas. Little does she know I was buying an engagement ring and matching wedding band for Abby. Well I guess that takes you off the market said Marc. You know you'll no longer be a bachelor. Yeah I know that. I'll now be a husband after we're married said Barry. Mrs. Barry Manilow it kind of has a nice ring to it said Barry. So when are you giving her the ring asked Marc. Christmas day said Barry. I'm going up to Saratoga Springs to her parents home for Christmas. Abby doesn't know I'm coming. This will be a complete  surprise to Abby.

No comments:

Post a Comment