Friday, November 10, 2017

Ask Barry? Column

Hi Gang. It's me Barry coming at you with another Ask Barry? column. So here we go with some more fans questions.
Kay Gardner asks Barry what color is your current Range Rover?
Barry I don't have a Range Rover anymore. I got to thinking Why? was I shelling out over $100,000+ for one of those. Also I've had two lemon Range Rovers in a row. It wasn't worth all that money to get another one. I sold my last Range Rover for parts. I now own an Audi Q5 premium plus prestige SUV. The exterior is Manhattan Grey Metallic. The interior is black fine Napa leather with a rock grey contrast diamond stitching. My vanity plate reads WMBG 43. WMBG is the abbreviation of Williamsburg the neighborhood in Brooklyn where I lived for 20 years. 43 is the last two digits of my birth year which is 1943. Thanks for asking.

Deb McCormick asks How many dogs do you have? Also what bread are they?
Barry I have two Labrador Retrievers. A yellow female named Maggie age 7 years old. A black Labrador Retriever male named Max age 5 years old.. Carly has a red fox Labrador Retriever puppy age 8 months old named Aji Rojo. He is called Aji for short. Red fox Labrador Retriever's are still in the yellow Labrador Retriever family. Aji Rojo is a type of pepper. So that's how Carly's puppy got his name. Thanks for asking.

Linda Sexton asks Barry do you have a sweet tooth? If you do what are your favorite sweets?
Barry yes I do have a sweet tooth. What are my favorite sweets? Ice cream and cookies. As for ice cream I like Ben and Jerry's brand. My favorite Ben and Jerry's flavors are Marshmallow Moon, New York Super Fudge Chunk, Phish Food, Sweet Cream & Cookies, S'More and Chunky Monkey. Now cookie wise I like chocolate chip, double chocolate chip. snickerdoodle and sugar. As you can tell I'm a major chocoholic. I also love cheese and plain popcorn. Now I am not a fan of caramel of any kind.  Caramel, caramel apples and caramel popcorn. If your lucky and you can get a pint of Marshmallow Moon do so. Marshmallow Moon is vanilla ice cream with marshmallow and graham cracker swirls and fudge flakes. Have you ever had a marshmallow moon pie? Marshmallow moon pie consists of marshmallow in between two graham crackers covered in dark chocolate. You can also get a moon pie times two. Twice the marshmallow and graham cookies covered in dark chocolate. Now there are other flavors. Like banana and strawberry. I'll stick with the original dark chocolate or the double dark chocolate. You can only get Marshmallow Moon online or in their sweet shops. Thank goodness there is a Ben and Jerry's ice cream sweet shop in Williamsburg.

Fanilow1977 asks Barry I know you play Yamaha brand grand pianos. What model of Yamaha grand piano do you use? Also how many grand pianos do you own?
First off I'm not real crazy about the name Fanilow. That's just me I find it dehumanizing. But if you fans like that then that's your choice to use it. Now on to your question about pianos. I own three Yamaha brand pianos. I have two Trans Acoustic GC1TA. They're 5'9" in length. One stays in my at home recording studio. The other one goes on tour with me. I have one Yamaha Avant Grand N3X. That one stays at my office at Stiletto Entertainment East. As for the other Yamaha brands of pianos
I don't own any of them. Even though  you didn't ask me about Synthesizers. I do have two Yamaha Montage 8 synthesizers. One is in my home studio. Then the  other one goes on tour with me. I've been a loyal Yamaha user since 1978. Prior to that I owned a Steinway. But I got to try a Yamaha back then and it felt good. Recently I got to play a Sauter  Ambiente piano. The Sauter Ambiente was created by Peter Maly. It has a classic but slightly funky design.  So guess who bought one? Me Me Me. Thanks Fanilow177 for your question.
Until the next Ask Barry? column. Take care everyone.
Love you all,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment