Monday, September 4, 2017

Last Facebook Message August 31st.

Hi Gang,
It's me Barry again. This is going to be my last Facebook post. I can hear the groans from all of you Facebook followers right now.  Why is Barry leaving Facebook? Is Barry giving up posting  stuff for good? Fear not friends I'm not really going anywhere. I've just been having trouble with Facebook. I can't get into my Facebook page. I'm always signed into my account. However it seems Facebook won't let me into my account. They tell me I need to give them a mobile number to make sure I'm me. What do they mean make sure I'm me.  I've always been for last 61 years Barack Alon Manilow.  For the first 13I was Barack Alon Pincus. Well I don't want to give them my mobile number. How do I know what they're going to do with my mobile number once I give it to them. So I've decided to switch to Google+ instead.  I did some investigating on Google+ and I found it to be much better. Go to Google.com and type in Barry Manilow. That will bring you to "All". Go down to the fourth web site from the top. There's where you'll see the link to my Barry Manilow Google+ site. Click on that to enter my Google+ community. There you can investigate all my communities. I've talked to Vikki Thomas about moving the BMIFC's Barry Net to Google+. I still have my Barry Manilow dot com site and my Twitter account. I may in the future get rid of my Barry Manilow dot com site. I found out about Google+ from two of my musical friends Kenny G. and Melissa  Manchester. Both Kenny and Melissa use Google+ to connect with their fans. Even Garry and Marc were saying Facebook was giving them a heard time. Marc thought maybe Facebook wanted to cater to young people not us old people. I did talk to Dave Koz and Brian Culbertson about me having trouble with Facebook. Told both of them how they can go to my Google+ communities. Marc was recently in Inglewood at  the Stiletto offices.  He was there for a biannual Stiletto Entertainment meeting. Twice a year Kirsten Kief gets together with the people who work at Stiletto West and Stiletto East. Kirsten heads Stiletto West and Marc heads Stiletto East. To think Marc Hulett started out as my personal assistant back in 1984. He went from that to my manager after Garry Kief decided to retire. Garry gave his daughter Kirsten the company and made Marc my manager. Two years ago Kirsten decided she wanted to add a second Stiletto Entertainment office here in New York City. That's when Kirsten told Marc he was now going to become of head of Stiletto Entertainment East. So my new personal assistant David Taylor became my new manager. While my new personal assistant is Eric Schaefer. While in LA Marc also went to LA and met up with Enoch Anderson and Marty Panzer. Then all three of them accidently bumped into the head of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg. Marty said that Mark Zuckerberg  bumped into all three of them and didn't even say excuse me. Enoch thought  that Mark Zuckerberg was very arrogant or uppity. Marc felt that some young people have no manners at all. Now for those of you arguing about what kind of vehicle I drive. Some of you figure Barry drives a Range Rover and he'll always drive a Range Rover. Recently I had my Range Rover in the shop for a few repairs. While it was being repaired Carly let me borrow her 2007 Jeep Wrangler. Since Carly now runs her own veterinary hospital which isn't that far from where we live she can either bike or walk to work. What I discovered was her Jeep Wrangler drives much better than my Range Rover did. It also cost less too. Under $50,000 depending on which model you get. Where as the Range Rovers cost over $95,000. So I decided to switch to a Jeep Wrangler instead. Everyone fits inside the Wrangler. Me, Carly, Maggie, Max, Boomer and Buster. In about a week I get to pickup my 2018 Jeep Wrangler Limited fur door. The exterior color is velvet red pearlcoat with black interior. I'm keeping my vanity license plate BKLYN 43. BKLYN is the abbreviation of Brooklyn and 43 is my birth year. June 17, 1943 to be exact. The mechanic at the import garage said my Range Rover was no good any more. AJ my mechanic suggested I trade it in for a new SUV. So I did for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler Limited I'm getting As for the doggies.  Maggie is my yellow Labrador Retriever and Max id my black Labrador Retriever. Boomer is a brown and white Pit Bull puppy. Buster is a yellow Labrador Retriever. Buster is a rescue and the senior citizen of the group. Boomer and Buster are Carly's doggies. I'll see some of you a week from Saturday at the American Airlines Center in Dallas Texas for my Hurricane Harvey Benefit concert. So until then take care everyone
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment