Wednesday, September 13, 2017

First Google+ Message

Hi Everyone,
It's me Barry with my first Google+ message. To all my Florida fans please know that you are in my thoughts and payers. David has been working hard on securing some concert dates and venues . So I can do a few concerts to benefit folks in Hurricane Irma's path. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina to be exact. David was able to secure some dates in early November. Tickets for those concerts will go on sale Monday September 25th at 10AM eastern time. Above this message I put a list of the venues I'm playing in November. I included this coming September 17th concert at the American Airlines Center in Dallas Texas. All these concerts will benefit the local Red Cross and local animal shelters. All five shows will start at 8PM for the Texas and Florida concerts I invited my dear friend and Concord label mate Kenny G to preform with me. Kenny G. played on my Here At The Mayflower II (Many more stories inside.) album. Years ago Kenny G. started his career at Arista Records. When Clive wanted Kenny to do cover concept albums. Kenny said NO to Clive Davis. He left Arista Records and went over to Concord Records jazz label Concord Jazz. Soon another friend Dave Koz was over there was well as Sir. Paul McCartney. Concord finally allowed in contemporary recording artists like myself. Now I'm actually considered a contemporary jazz recording artist. So that's why my recent albums have come out on the Concord Jazz label As I have mentioned before I left Arista when Clive Davis was asked to retire in 2000. Best move I ever made. Since Clive Davis didn't like me at all I know it bothered Clive that my first album 2:00AM Paradise Café went straight to number one on Billboard's Hot 200 Album Chart. Stayed at number one for three months. Also that it toped the Billboard Jazz Chart at number one. It stayed there for two months. When October Goes went straight to number one on Billboard's Hot 100 Singles Chart. It stayed at number one for two months. Then the second single Night Song did the same thing. 2:00AM Paradise Café came out certified quadruple platinum. So did my singles When October goes and Night Song were certified quadruple platinum. Now all of my Arista albums Manilow, Barry Manilow 87, Barry Manilow Live On Broadway, Because It's Christmas, Singing With The Big Bands and Manilow Sings Sinatra all did the same thing. Came out at number one on the Billboard Hot 200 Album Chart. They were all certified quadruple platinum when they were released.  Plus all the singles off each album debuted at number one on Billboards Hot 100 Singles Chart. Lets just say Clive Davis was very pissed at how
successful I was. When you consider I started out my music career as a songwriter, record producer and a Broadway songwriter. But not as a popular recording artist. I have two albums in the pipeline. One is my Putting It Together (The Songs Of Stephen Sondheim.) I recorded the album with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. The other one is being called Only In Chicago. That song I wrote with Maurice White. I wrote the melody and Maurice wrote the lyrics. Now I'm still writing song with my partners for that album. When I go on tour to promote the Stephen Sondheim album after it comes out I'll be playing the theatres once again. See you all soon.
Love,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment