Saturday, May 27, 2017

Oh No!!!

Carly found out from her friend Janice that Brian Murphy had strained his vocal cords. So he had to reschedule his LA and Chicago concerts. Of course Brian's fans would be very upset. Carly had told Barry about that. Then  Rita called and told her that Brian also had a case of viral pneumonia on top of the strained vocal cords. So now he had to reschedule New York and Mashantucket as well. He had to also reschedule The Tonight Show for the second time. Barry on the other hand was taking it easy since he was going on tour at the beginning of June. Barry's tour started up in Boston MA at the Xfinity Center. The tour ended at the end of August. The tour would end in Vaughan Ontario Canada at Kingswood Music hall. Barry was playing the outdoor Amphitheater's or sheds as Barry liked to call them. He was doing four nights at Red Rocks Amphitheater July 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th. During that time starting Wednesday July 5rh thru Sunday July 9th the BMIFC was having their convention in Denver Colorado. After the summer Amphitheater tour Barry was off until Saturday December 30th and Sunday December 31st when Barry was playing Centre Bell arena for New Years Eve. In fact Barry had suggested the BMIFC have their first ever convention during New Years. So that would be Thursday December 28th thru Sunday December 31st in Montreal Canada. Barry went to the mailbox and got the mail. He went downstairs with Carly's mail. He handed her the mail. Carly went through her mail. I got what I was waiting on she said. What's that said Barry. The Amtrak tickets I ordered. The usual foursome me, Rita, Zoey and Abigail decided to get tickets to your Friday June 8th concert in Baltimore MD at Merriweather Post Pavilion. I made the suggestion that we make
a weekend out of it in Baltimore. So that's exactly what us girls are going to do. We're leaving New York's Penn Central on Amtrak #185 at 8:10AM Friday morning. We'll get into Baltimore's Penn Station at 10:45AM. We're staying until Sunday afternoon at the Hyatt Regency Place Inner Harbor   Hotel. Then we'll leave Baltimore Penn Station on Amtrak #132 at 4:08PM. We'll get back to New York Penn Central at 7:30PM. Since I run my own veterinary hospital I can take off whenever I want. June 10th and 11th is not my weekend to be on call. So I'm taking Friday off. I asked the next door neighbors Kevin and Sandy if they'd watch the dogs while I was gone. They said yes they'd do that. Once you and the girls get to Baltimore head over to the Hyatt unpack and then come down to the lobby. Eric Schaefer will be waiting for you ladies. Since your coming to the Baltimore show I've decided to invite your ladies to watch the sound check. On the way to the venue Eric will stop at KFC so you ladies can pickup one of their five dollar meal deals for lunch. Now dinner is being catered by a local Italian restaurant said Barry.  I went through Booking.com to get our hotel. High floor with two queen beds for $159 a night. We are staying two nights that's $318 for both nights. So each of us is paying $79.90. Then I called Wit & Wisdom restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel in Baltimore. I asked if I needed to make reservations for Sunday brunch. So that is where I'm taking you, Abigail. Rita and Zoey for brunch. Your birthday is on Saturday June 17th you will be on the road traveling to Tampa for Sundays concert at the Mid Florida Credit Union Tampa FL.  Since I won't be celebrating your birthday with you this year I though I'd take you out a little early for your birthday said Carly. Barry left Carly's computer room to take the dogs outside before making lunch. While Barry was outside Carly called their favorite pizza place for a large veggie pizza. Barry came inside and asked Carly what do you want for lunch. Carly said I called our favorite pizza place and ordered a large veggie pizza to be delivered. They're running a special right now one large pizza however you like it for $15 and you get a 2 liter Coke product free. So I got a 2 liter Diet Coke said Carly. Pizza sounds yummy to me said Barry.  Tomorrow night is the Billy Joel concert at Madison Square Garden said Barry. I made reservations at Guy's American Kitchen & Bar 220 W.44th St. I'm hungry for a real good hamburger said Barry. The restaurant is owned by Guy Fieri. He's the host of Food Network's Diners, Drive-In's and Dives and Guy's Grocery Games. Sounds fine to me said Carly. Some of my friends are mad at me because they wanted me to go with them to Brian Murphy's Nassau Coliseum concert tonight. I told them I was going with you to the Billy Joel concert at Madison Square Garden. You're leaving on Tuesday to go up to Boston. Since your tour starts on Friday at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield MA. I won't see you until June 7th when your back home to play Nikon Jones Beach. Then I'll see you again when me and the girls go to your Merriweather Post Pavilion concert on June 9th. After that I won't see you until the BMIFC's Denver Convention in July. Besides I'm not a big fan of Brian Murphy like Eileen, Janice and Kathy are. The pizza and Diet Coke came. so Barry and Carly ate some of the pizza. The rest went into the fridge. Carly went back downstairs to email her friends Abigail, Rita and Zoey to let them know about taking Barry out to brunch to celebrate his birthday early. She heard from Zoey that Brian Murphy had asked his fans about doing a few more cities this summer. I thought he had decided to do just the shows he already announced. LA, Chicago, Durant, New York and Mashantucket. Wasn't he through with touring thought Carly. She got up and went up to Barry home office/studio. I emailed the girls to tell them about taking you out for an early birthday brunch. After I emailed Zoey she messaged me privately on Facebook to tell me about Brian Murphy's latest post. He posted on his Facebook page asking his fans where they would like to see him perform later this summer. He mentioned Atlanta, Tampa and Washington DC . Zoey said fans started mentioning Philadelphia, Baltimore, Buffalo, Northern New England and the cities that he mentioned. I thought he wanted to give up being on the road so much said Carly. I thought so too said Barry. Why would you go on tour when you only give your fans a ninety minute show with the same bunch of hits plus a few new songs. If Dave Koz is not busy Brian might ask Dave Koz to open for him. Dave asked me one time if I wanted him to open for me. I told Dave no I don't need an opening act. I still do a two hour concert with the twenty intermission in between each hour. I also said to Dave I'm not dealing with arthritis, hip problems or any other health issues. Now I don't have  atrial fibrillation or hip problems like Brian Murphy has. I just had my yearly physical and Dr. Jackson said I was in perfectly good health. He asked me how I stay in such great shape. I told him I run six  miles every other day. Then on the days I don't run I bicycle ride. That's during the spring, summer and autumn. In the winter I go down to the local health club. Where I use their indoor running track and their stationary bicycles. I also do a lot of walking.  I'll even walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to get to Manhattan said Barry. Then I watch what I eat. That is what I told Dr. Jackson yesterday when I saw him said Barry.  Barry and Carly had a great time at the Billy Joel concert. They went early so they could grab dinner before the concert. Barry chose Guy's American Kitchen & Bar owned by Guy Fieri. The next day Carly heard from Zoey that Brian Murphy was adding Thursday September 14th at Nassau Coliseum to his list of show dates. Zoey also heard from Eileen about last nights Brian Murphy show at Nassau. Eileen raved about Brian's show and the set list. When Zoey told Carly the list she said it was the same old same old. Nothing but the hits with a few new song from the new album. Zoey said her sister Rita got roped into going to the show with Eileen, Janice and Kathy. That was how Zoey got the set list. Then today Brian Murphy got to ring the closing bell on Wall Street. Barry had done both rung the opening bell and rung the closing bell. Carly told Zoey all about the Billy Joel concert she and Barry went to last night. Barry leaves for Boston on Tuesday by Amtrak said Carly. The band, backup singers and Joey his musical director were all going by Amtrak too. Barry was doing a few radio interviews before Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment