Thursday, October 29, 2015

What The Bleep Here We Go Again


Barry went on his iMac then headed over to Facebook. Once on the homepage he saw a post up at the top from Enid. It was her named Enid Ginsberg next to that Barry Manilow's name. So he knew she had put that post on his page. Enid was talking about Barry Manilow's "My Last Legs Tour." My Last Legs tour? thought Barry. I'm doing a three month run at the London Palladium next summer.  This is what the London Palladium will look like next year between June first and August thirty first. How can I be on My Last Legs Tour when I'm not slowing down thought Barry. Unless the My Last Legs Tour was something  that Brian Murphy was doing. Barry had heard through the grapevine that Brian Murphy was going on tour next year. I don't have bad hips. I don't have atrial fibrillation said Barry. Have all of my hair. No receding hair line. No bald spots. Unlike Brian Murphy who has all of those things. My only problem if you want to call it that is I wear reading glasses. Just then Barry's phone rang. Hello said Barry. Hi Barry it's Marc. Don't forget we're leaving Saturday morning at eight thirty to catch our flight to London. I have that marked down on the calendar said Barry. I know some fan said on Facebook said that Barry Manilow always "Flies the friendly  skies" of United. Man are they wrong. I've always flown Delta Airlines. Yes said Marc you, me and Garry have always flown Delta. I think that's Brian Murphy who always flies United. Oh by the way my credit card got hacked said Marc. I called the credit card company and canceled my card. I didn't have an charges on it.  I'm actually thinking of switching credit card companies.  So which credit card do you have? asked Marc. I had a Capitol One Venture One card. It got hacked at the same time as my fans were having their cards hacked said Barry. I called Capital One told them I didn't make the fraudulent purchases. After it was taken care of that I canceled that card. I asked  a lot of people that I knew what type of credit card they had. American Express's Blue Sky, Delta Gold, Delta Platinum, Everyday, Everyday Preferred, Bank Of America cash and travel rewards, Capital One, Venture, Venture One, Chase Double cash back, Sapphire Preferred, Discover and United Mileage Plus Explorer. And yes I even asked Carly which credit card she used. She used to have my Manilow Fund For Health and Hope Visa by MBNA. Then it went to being backed by Bank Of America. In two thousand thirteen the Manilow Fund Visa was totally dead. She got  the Manilow Music Project Visa card backed by Bank Of America. Vikki Thomas who runs the Manilow Music Project said she'd never heard of UMB. Chris Marin who works with Vikki has a friend Ken Wasabe  check out UMB. He said he'd never heard of them and didn't trust them at all. Ken suggested to Vikki and Chris that they should see if Bank Of America would back the card.  Since Bank Of America backed the Manilow Fund card why wouldn't they back this one.  She gave Bank Of America a call with  the  information on my music charity. Bank Of America said yes and even gave a check for fifty thousand dollars to the charity.  Then Bank Of America said fans can get the card with either cash or two with travel rewards, Carly's has the travel rewards. When I talked to Garry two weeks ago he  had suggested for a credit card the American Express Delta Gold  or Platinum cards. I told Garry I hate the color gold. He said then just get the platinum one. Said to Garry are you nuts. The platinum is fee four hundred  and fifty a year. Yes I have that kind of money. Three hundred and fifty five is the difference between the gold and the platinum. I can find better uses for that then to spend it on annual credit card fees. Maybe Donald Trump can do that since he's so filthy rich.  Also since I have you on the phone said Marc. You have the Facebook group that is raising money for MMP. Yes what about them? asked Barry. Well there was some in fighting between two of the administrators. Both administrators emailed me privately with their beef-a-roni. I basically told them to shut their group down. Then I told the administrator who did the paintings that I saw. That I was sending the paintings back unsigned. Which I did this morning when I went to FedEx said Marc. I said to her when I emailed her Barry doesn't need that kind of drama. Just then Carly came in and asked Barry if he had a minute. Barry said to Marc I'm going to let you go. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Marc said ok and bye. Ok sunshine what's up. Well it's finally finished  Carly said. Can you help me put it on the floor so you can see the whole thing. Sure said Barry. So they unfolded the quilt and placed it on the floor. Barry said Oh Wow. Now that's my square said Carly pointing to her square. I had you autograph my square with a black sharpie then
 Vicki Smith's mother who does embroidery embroidered over your autograph. Carly went to the large box and pulled out a picture frame. She handed it to Barry and said this is yours. It's actually a bigger version of my square that I did for the quilt. I had it framed so you can hang it on your office wall. That's what I learned to do years ago painting on canvas said Carly. Actually it's good for keeping the fingers nimble.

No comments:

Post a Comment