Monday, October 19, 2015

DETAILS PLEASE

Carly went to Book Court bookstore on one six three Court St.  Carly went there to preorder Rachel Ray's new cookbook Everyone Is Italian On Sunday. That was to make sure she got a copy. Also to pick up her preordered copy of Bobby Flay's Brunch @ Bobby's cookbook. After Carly preordered Rachel Ray's cookbook she went looking around. She headed over to checkout the magazine racks. There among the men's style magazines was the October issue of DETAILS men's magazine. Who should be on the cover but Barry Manilow. Carly picked up three copies one for herself, Vicki Smith and Gabby Robbins. She then went to pay for the magazines and Bobby Flay's new cookbook. After paying for everything Carly went out to go meet Vicki and Gabby at Brooklyn Heights Deli. Once she got there Vicki and Gabby were waiting for her. The three of them went in and the waiter took them to an empty booth.  He asked them what they wanted to drink as he left them menus to look at. Once he brought them their diet colas he asked the what they wanted. Vicki ordered the tuna melt, Gabby ordered the Corn Beef and Carly ordered the Tex Mex. After the waiter left Carly pulled the magazines out of her tote bag. Look who made the cover of the October issue of DETAILS magazine said Carly. Ashe gave each of them their copy of the magazine. Barry never told me he was going to be in the October issue of DETAILS magazine. The article starts on page forty-five with a head to toe shot of Barry in our kitchen. He's wearing an apron that says Chef Barry The Man The Myth The Legend. Even the cover title is cute. Barry Manilow "The king of Broadway, Jazz and the kitchen." There is two more photos of Barry with the article. One is Barry up in his at home studio. The other is Barry in the backyard with all four dogs. Oh did you see the Facebook fans fans who are complaining about their credit cards being hacked? said Vicki. Yes I saw that said Gabby. Fans are getting their cards canceled but are they getting new card numbers? asked Gabby. Barry and I got our new Bank Of America travel rewards credit cards with the chip. The chip protects your credit card from fraud  when you use it in stores and at restaurants.said Carly. Oh and did you see Jackie's drawings that she got signed by Barry Manilow? asked Gabby. She's selling them on eBay. Really said Carly Jackie's selling her drawings of Barry on eBay. Just then someone said hi ladies. Can I sit with you? asked Barry. Carly, Gabby and Vicki looked up to see Barry standing there. Sure you can said Vicki. Gabby scrolled on her cell phone till she found the picture. Here it is she said as she showed everyone the drawing on eBay. Barry said can you make that bigger Gabby? Gabby said sure I can which she did and then let Barry hold her cell phone. Can you send that to my cell phone so I can send it to Marc. He needs to see that. Because Jackie is not supposed to be selling her drawings on eBay. But she says she's doing it for the Manilow Music Project said Gabby. Doesn't she know my name and likeness are copyrighted by Hastings, Clayton and Tucker said Barry. How ever  did she get my autograph on those drawings and paintings  when I didn't sign them? asked Barry. I never approved of what she's been doing. I was on Facebook one day and saw one of her posts. In the post she was telling fans that her black and white drawings were two hundred and fifty dollars each. Her color paintings were five hundred to one thousand and five hundred dollars a piece. Jackie then said I got to make money so I can't just give them away for nothing. I wait till I tell Marc what she's doing. He won't be at all happy about this said Barry. What will end up happening is Jack McCoy my lawyer will be contacted. Then he will be given Jackie's address so he can send her a cease and desist letter. I remember how fans bitched when they got one from Garry Kief. You do something wrong what do you expect a pat on the back. No you get chewed out for doing something wrong said Vicki. The waiter came back with their sandwiches. He saw Barry and asked him if wanted a menu. Barry asked Carly what she was having. Carly said the Tex Mex sandwich. Barry said to the waiter bring me one of those, a side order of barbeque potato chips and a diet cola. When the waiter came with Barry's food Barry said put their bill on mine. I'm paying for everyone he said. Also when I was on Facebook I saw a new message from Brain Murphy telling fans about his up coming US tour. His post listed the cities and dates he would be doing next year. His tour starts Thursday February fourth two thousand sixteen. That's is interesting said Vicki. What's he calling his tour? asked Gabby. He's calling it One Night Live One Last Time said Carly. Oh you saw it too sunshine said Barry.  Actually I saw it over on Google under Barry Manilow. It was put there because you and your songwriting partners wrote songs for him said Carly. Then while on Facebook Rub Shuter posted on his Naughty But Nice page that he and Bruce were at the movies last night. Some of your fans asked Rob to take a photo of Bruce. Then this one fan said Bruce was shy. Bruce Sussman shy really? I no he's not said Carly.  Also they want him to get a Facebook page like you have. Bruce has a Facebook timeline. Why would he need a page like I have?  asked Barry. So your fans can pester him. Bruce doesn't need is your fans bugging him said Carly. We sure  have some strange fans out there said Gabby. Barry just has a new crop of fans who want everyone Barry is connected with to have a Facebook page said Vicki. Adrienne. Enoch, Jack, Marty and Bruce all have Facebook accounts with timelines. I'm friends with them, Dave, Lorna and Melissa. I'm  not friends with Suzie Q or Scott Nevins said Carly. In fact Barry recently unfriended Scott Nevins. Also he hasn't talked to Suzie Q. since before the National Enquirer article came out. Barry's basically ignored her after she opened her mouth on Andy Cohen's Bravo show said Carly. Yes Carly correct that I haven't talked to Suzie Q. since February said Barry. Why she claimed I was gay and married Garry is beyond me said Barry. Garry got remarried in two thousand five to Deana.
I think Suzie Q. has always thought I was gay since the beginning of our friendship said Barry. Ok so I do have gay friends like Bruce, Dave and Rob. But I also have straight friends like Adrienne, Bette, Lorna Melissa and Jack. Earlier today I was over at the graphic designers looking at my London Palladium banners. One's a rectangle that's going to go across the top of the awing. The two others are hanging between the columns. I also was over on Facebook said Barry. US fans wanting to know when I'm touring again state side. I just tour here in the US between February tenth and June thirteen. I'm going to the UK in early December to promote 2:00AM Paradise Café II. After that I'm finished for the year. Then in January and February I'm going back to the recording studio for a very special project. The project is called Barry Manilow Putting It Together The Songs of Stephen Sondheim. It's an album that will contain twenty songs written by Stephen Sondheim. Fifteen are music and lyrics  Stephen Sondheim. Five are music Stephen Sondheim lyrics Jule Styne and Leonard Bernstein. I asked Barbra Striesand if I could use her version of Putting It together from Sunday In The Park With George. She made her version sound like a songwriter was singing about putting his song together. The original was about a painter painting his masterpiece one dot at a time. That's how painter George Seurat did his paintings one dot at a time. Then in two thousand seventeen I'm thinking of doing a third run on Broadway. I will most likely be either in March, April or April, June.


No comments:

Post a Comment