Tuesday, April 14, 2015

OMG! We Never Saw That Coming.

OMG! We never saw that coming now did we? Carly turned her TV on to watch one of her favorite shows Clue which  was on ABC at 9pm. Carly made a mad dash into her kitchen for  a snack. She decided on some Kellogg's cracker clips the barbeque ones. She hurried back in to catch her show.  But when Carly got into her living room there was Barbara Walters on her TV screen. What was she going on now. Barbra  opened by saying "Tonight we bring you a special two hour interview with legendary pop recording artists Brain Murphy." Oh thought Carly what's this all about? I know Barry told me Brian had canceled his One Night Live tour the before the tour started.  Well Brain you've been around a long time said Barbara. Yes said Brain have been alive forever since 1812.  Then Brian chuckled. As the interview progressed it became clear to Carly why Brian Murphy was doing a two hour special interview with Barbra Walters. She  dialed Barry's cell phone number. Barry said hello. Barry it's Carly. Calm down sweetheart what's up. I was getting ready to watch a new TV show called Clue which is patterned after the game Clue. It was suppose to come on at 9pm right before 20/20. When I came back from getting my snack Barbara Walters came on saying that  she was doing a special two hour interview with legendary pop recording artist Brian   Murphy. Oh really! said Barry. Yes really said Carly. Barbara introduced Brain Murphy and then his manager Gregory Knoffler. So your definitely going to have to turn this on when it comes on where you are right now. Brian and Gregory were holding hands. They were holing hands said Barry. Yes said Carly. Uh oh said Barry he's finally going to do it. He's finally going to  do what? asked  Carly Come out the closet said Barry. Not a straight guy as most in the  music industry thought  he was said Barry. Since me, Adrienne, Enoch, Jack Marty and Bruce wrote some of his songs we all knew he was totally gay Even Garry  Kief thought Brain was a little queer. He e really thought Gregory Knoffler very queer. I didn't know he was gay said Carly. Well now you know said Barry.  Actually since I never was a fan of his  I turned the to another station. The Cooking channel had on Unique Sweets so I watched that instead. Wait till this shit hits the fan tomorrow and his fans find out said Barry. Their going to be so very devastated. What about the press said Carly. Most of them figured he was straight one while they figured you were the gay one. I did flip back and Barbara was asking him about his many relationships.Barbra asked him how many partners he had over the years said Carly. He said he had a few beards. He mentioned a Julie Kerwin, Michelle Beasley and Roberta Arnold. I know that Roberta Arnold is a lesbian said Barry. She then asked if there were any other guys before Gregory came along. Brain said no there weren't. Then I couldn't believe it when Barbara mentioned you. Why me asked Barry. Because she asked Brain if he and you had a relationship. Since you two were close. Brain said NO WAY! Barry's to STRAIGHT for my taste. Barry and his songwriting partners  wrote songs for me.  Brain then said Barbra are you trying to get me to out Barry Manilow? Barbra said Well! The press has been  speculating for a long time that he is gay.  Barbra  Barbara I've known Barry Manilow since 1975 and I've always known he was STRAIGHT said Brian. When I met him back in 1975 he was dating a girl named Linda Allen.At the end of the program Barbra thanked both gentlemen for their candidness. Then Brian   kissed Gregory on his lips. Well we're stilling going through with our 20/20 interview with GMA's Robin Roberts.  Because I'm pretty sure Barbara didn't believed a word  that Brian Muphy said about me. I took to wearing my sterling sliver ring that belonged to my grandpa on my right ring finger. That way no one could make the comment that it was the ring I got when I married Garry Kief said Barry. Oh I'll have to tell both Garry and Marc about this. They can go on demand and watch the interview with Barbara Walters. You should be where now said Carly. We're headed to My Kind Of Town  Chicago is. We may even do that song while we're there.  We're doing three shows at the Chicago Theatre. Friday April 10, Saturday April 11 and Sunday April 12. Then it's on to Detroit and Pittsburgh. Just then Barry's hotel room phone rang. I've got to go said Barry. I've got another call coming in. Ok I love you said Carly. I love you too sweetheart said Barry. Barry picked up the hotel phone. He said hello. Hi Barry it's Garry. How's the tour going so far? Great said Barry. Guess what I found out. What said Garry. I just got off the phone with Carly. She told me  that she wanted to watch this show  and it wasn't on. Instead there was a two hour special with Barbara Walters. Barbara was interviewing Brian Murphy and his partner Gregory Knoffler. Your joking said Garry. Brain Murphy doing an interview with Barbara Walters who asks all sorts of probing questions. No Garry I'm not joking Brian Murphy did do an interview tonight with Barbara Walters. He came completely clean out of the closet said Barry. Oh my word he announced he's gay. Yup said Barry. Oh and the real kicker was I got mentioned. You why? asked Garry. Because Barbara asked Brain if he and I had a relationship since we were close. Of course Brian sais I was too straight for him. He also mentioned to Barbara that he knew I was straight. I'm still doing the 20/20 interview with Robin Roberts said Barry. Carly's going to be on 20/20 as well. We're taping the 20/20 interview on Monday September  7th the day after our we get married.  I have a dermatologists appointment on Monday. So Carly and I won't be able to leave on our honeymoon till Tuesday. We'll bum around Manhattan all day. Then we'll grab dinner before we head over to the ABC news building to do the interview. ABC news will air the 20/20 interview with GMA's Robin Roberts at 9pm. ABC is showing the special 20/20 interview with Robin Roberts live said Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment