Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What The Bleep!

Barry and David went back to their hotel. Barry and company were staying at The Langham Chicago. The Langham Chicago  was located at 330 N. Walbash. Barry was staying in the Langham Club classic river view suite. The hotel was a few blocks north of the Chicago river. In fact Barry could walk to the Chicago Theatre if he wanted to. Once Barry got back to his hotel suite he took off his North Face jacket. He hung it in the closet and went to sit down. Just then his cell phone rang. It was Garry's ring tone. Hello Garry said Barry. How's things going out there said Garry. Ok said Barry. Except for some news I got from Carly. Is she ok? asked Garry. She fine said Barry. Carly called me to tell me she did a Google search on me. She was looking for articles from the Chicago magazines and newspapers on me and my up coming shows. She always shares the articles with her Facebook groups. No such luck. Instead she found articles on the commitment ceremony you and I had in April 2014. The what we had last year ? said Garry. The commitment ceremony you and I had last year in front of fifty close friends at my Palm Springs home  It was in our backyard. But you  don't live in Palm Springs any more said Garry. You moved back east to Brooklyn New York in two thousand nine.  Yes I did said Barry. Then in two thousand eleven I sold my Palm Springs home to Brain Murphy and  his manager/partner Gregory Knoffler.  Carly said it was in People, US, Radar Online, Monsters and Critics, NY Daily News, UK Daily Mail and other online sites. How did they get that piece of information asked Garry. Carly said the People article mentioned Suzanne Somers saying that she was at our wedding ceremony last year. And how freeing that was for me coming out of the closet. Carly said one of her Facebook friends said Suzanne was on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens  show on Bravo last Thursday night. The Facebook friend mentioned that someone called in and asked Suzanne if she went to the Copacabana singers wedding ceremony. Now that's when she must have told her story.  How freeing it was for me to come out of the closet seeing as I am a gay man. Really and I'm getting married to my fiancée Carly in September. After the National; Enquirer article on Brian Murphy came out his fans went ballistic. They said I was gay one not Brain and the National Enquirer got it all wrong.  My fans should boycott my shows because I lied to them they cried.  Last Friday night Brian Murphy was interviewed by Barbara Walters. Oh really said Garry. I'll have to go on demand and see that. Barbara did a two hour interview with Brian Murphy and his manager/partner Gregory Knoffler said Barry. Carly was mad because she wanted to see that new TV program Clue based on the board game. Oh is that why that wasn't on last Friday said Garry. I had DVR the program and got part of the Barbara Walters interview instead. Which I then deleted said Garry. Deanna and I were going to watch it. However we  scored front row tickets to  Josh Groban's concert at the Staples Center. So that's what we did last Friday. We had dinner at Mr. Chows before Josh's show. Now tomorrow I'm doing a radio interview with WGN's Dean Richards. I'll see which way the interview goes tomorrow said Barry. If I have to I'm ready to discuss the whole me you and our it never happened commitment ceremony. One happily married guy  for the second time around. And one soon to be happily married guy me for the second time around said Barry. On Wednesday I did Windy City Live. They are so nice to me every time I'm on their show. They always give me a large tin of Garrets Chicago style popcorn. That's a mix of cheese and caramel corn popcorn. You and your popcorn said Garry One day you're going to turn into a tall stalk of corn. Barry just chuckled. Now Marc already knows all about this whole Suzanne mess. He suggested I don't talk to her for a while. Which I haven't said Barry. That's the best thing to do said Garry. Deanna is still flying high from Josh Groban's concert. We got to backstage after his show. He said that you and him should collaborate on something in the future. I told him he needs to get in touch with your manager Marc Hulett. He said I thought you were Barry Manilow's manager. I told him I was but I retired  two years ago. He said you did I said yes I did. Stiletto Entertainment is now being run by my daughter Kirsten Kief. While Marc Hulett manages my most high profile client Barry Manilow who I use to manage.  I gave Josh Marc's cell phone number if that's ok with you. Yeah that's fine with me said Barry. I'll have to see if Josh likes Jazz. Because maybe we can collaborate on a Jazz album together or a Broadway album said Barry. Oh one more thing. Guess who's making a surprise guest appearance tomorrow night. Who? said Garry. Debra Byrd said Barry. She was part of Brian Murphy's backup group called Lady Flash. Oh yeah! said Garry. She did backup on your Showstoppers tour. Then she was back with Brian during his The Greatest Hits and Then Some Tour said Garry. Now she's vocal coach for American Idol said Barry. Let me get going said Barry. I've got to take a shower, east dinner and head over for tonight's show at the Chicago Theatre. Have a super time tonight on stage said Garry. I will said Barry. Barry took a long hot shower. After drying off Barry got dressed and went down stairs to meet up with everyone else. They all decided to east at one of The Langham's restaurants. Then they were going to walk to the Chicago Theatre since it wasn't very far. Once at the Chicago Theatre Barry went to his dressing room. When he got there he found two large bouquets of flowers. He checked for a card on the first one which read. "We love you forever and a day Barry Manilow. Love your Ivory Keys BMFC Belevidere Ill. The second one read "You're simply the best. We love you Barry Manilow. Hugs From In The Key of B BMFC Hoffman Estates Illinois. Barry was trilled to get those bouquets of flowers. As he was putting on his makeup there was a knock at this dressing room door. Barry said come in. In came David with yet another bouquet. This one was calla lilies. Barry told David to read the card. David found the card and began to read it.  It said "We love you Barry and we're forever yours faithfully. Your, One Voice BMFC New York City. Barry couldn't believe the support he was getting from his fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment