Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Crying Boo Who Who!



Brian Murphy fans were completely taken off guard when they  herd the news that their beloved Brian was gay. One fan even though this was a sick cruel joke being played on her and fellow fans. Some of them even blamed Barry Manilow for this. He's the one who is totally gay not Brian they cried. They called radio stations to voice their opinions. They went on Facebook and suggested that people boycott Barry Manilow's tour. Because he is the gay one not Brian. Barry caught wind of this. So he decided to post a message on his Facebook page for his fans to read. "It has recently come to my attention while I was checking Facebook's home page that Brian Murphy's fans are blaming me for Brian's coming out. Yes Brian Murphy got outed sexually by The National Enquirer two weeks ago.  But his fans don't believe that and they are saying that I'm the one who's gay not Brian.  I wrote four songs that Bell records bought and gave to Brian to record. Soon after that I started writing songs for Brain Murphy. I've known since then that Brian was gay.  So all of  you know I am not gay. I've had many girlfriends over the years, Lorna Luft, Linda Allen, Dana Robbins, Abigail Stern, Julie Berkovic, Skylar Hertzbach and a few others. In 2011 while I was on GMA with Adrienne, Enoch and the cast of 15 Minutes. One of the other people that was on GMA that day was Dr. Carly Simon Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the Bronx Zoo. Dr. Carly Simon was there because the zoo keeper who was suppose to be on that day got sick. So Dr. Carly Simon covered for that person. Carly is a super cute dynamo in a small package. I thought wow is she beautiful. Dark blonde hair, blue eyes, five foot four and a nice physical shape. She left before I could ask her out or get her number. Two weeks later I make the trek to the Bronx Zoo to ask her over to my house for dinner. Which I did. Then she in  turn invited me over to her house for dinner. We hit it off immediately and we've been together ever since. So for all you fans who have wanted me to have someone special in my life. I  have a very special someone in my life. Yes I know you wished I would have gotten married years ago when I was younger.. I also know you wanted me to have some kids. Well back then the right person hadn't come into my life. The right person has now come into my life Carly.  In December 2013 Carly and I went into New York. I took her to  the corner where the ABC news studios is located. I had Carly look up at the screen where she could see the Carly will you marry me on the video screen. Carly said yes to marring me. So we are getting married on Sunday September 6, 2015. We are getting married at the B'nai Avraham synagogue in Brooklyn. Our reception is at The Palm House at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. Our wedding will be a traditional orthodox Jewish wedding ceremony. BTW I'm a nice Jewish boy who goes to orthodox synagogue every Saturday. Yes I do. Once we're married and we come back from our honeymoon. I'll put the wedding ceremony and reception videos online so all of you can see it. I figured you guys needed to know what was going on before things got way out of hand. On Monday September 7th. Carly  and I are being interviewed by GMA's Robin Roberts for a special edition of 20/20 live. Now for those of you seeing the shows "Only In Chicago" you're in for a special treat. I'm adding some Manilow Sings Sinatra songs to the show. Like My Kind Of Town (Chicago Is My Kind Of Town). I may even throw in Only In Chicago which I wrote with Maurice White of Earth, Wind and Fire that Brian Murphy recorded. And for the rest of you east coast fans fear not I haven't forgotten you either. I'm making my way across the USA from west to east. So get ready Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and all the rest we're heading your way real soon. Thanks for all your love and support over these forty years. See you somewhere down the road. Hugs,  Barry." Barry figured he owed his fans an explanation as to why Brian Murphy's fans were pointing the finger at him. Barry and David decided to go to TGIF Fridays for lunch. Barry was craving one of their blooming onions and a barbeque beef Swiss cheese burger. The burger actually came with bacon but Barry requested his without the bacon to stay kosher. Barry also ordered a raspberry ice tea for his drink. He and David shared the blooming onion as an appetizer. Shoe string French fries came with the burger. David had a chipotle sauce  pepper jack cheese bacon burger and a peach ice tea. After lunch Barry told David he wanted to hit Macy's for some underwear. Barry told David he needed about six pairs of Jockey brand briefs. He was also going to get a package for tee shirts while he was at it. Then David reminded Barry he needed some new black dress socks. So Barry was going to get a package of them too. Barry had thrown away three pairs of holey underwear this morning. So he and David made their way down to the Loop to Macy's. Barry even found two long scarves. One was black with dog bones. The other was grey with navy stars on it. Barry whipped out his Capitol One Manilow Music Project credit card. Because that's what was in his wallet. His card also had the bonus advantage miles  on it. So he could earn frequent flyer miles with each purchase he made as well as giving to his Manilow Music Project charity. Just then Barry's cell phone played Marc's music. Each on of his friends had a different piece of music attached to them when they called. Hello Marc what's up? asked Barry. Well I hope you're sitting down. No but I can be said Barry as he sat on a bench inside Macy's. I hate to tell you but Suzanne Somers was on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens show last night on Bravo. OK said Barry. Well you're not going to be saying ok after I tell you this piece of news. Which is said Barry Suzanne told Andy all about you and Garry's relationship. Oh said Barry. She told Andy how freeing it was for you to come out of the closet.  Say what said Barry How freeing it was for me to come out of the closet said Barry. Garry and I have never had a romantic relationship. Two straight guys having a gay romance really said Barry. Tomorrow while I'm on WGN radio with Dean Richards I'll address that issue. Carly turned on her computer. She went to Google to check to see if there was any new news on Barry Manilow. There at the top of the first new page under Barry Manilow was an article from People magazine about Barry's friend Suzanne Somers talking about  his relationship with his former manager Garry . That she was dear friends  with both gentlemen. How coming out was so freeing for her friend Barry. Under the People link was a whole lot more links to other online sites with the same information. Monsters and Critics, Radar Online, US, NY Daily News and many more. Carly made a quick phone call to Barry. Barry answered his phone with a hello. Hello it's Carly Barry. Hello sweetheart what's up. I'm surfing Google Barry Manilow for any new news on you. When I went into  the news pages to look for articles from the Chicago papers. No news on you or your shows there. But loads of articles on you and your former manager Garry Kief's relationship. as told by your dear friend Suzanne Somers. She talked about how freeing it was for you to come out. Also that she was your grooms person at yours and Garry's commitment ceremony last April. Marc already called me about this said Barry. I'm I'll be hearing from Garry on this pretty soon said Barry. I'm sure Deanna isn't going to like hearing this. Deanna was Garry's second wife. He was divorced from his first wife his daughter Kirsten's mother. Remember you met Deanna last year at the Christmas party that I had at my house. Suzanne couldn't come out east for this. She's never been too happy with me moving back to New York City. The thing is I was doing musicals long distance with Bruce Sussman. So every time a new musical of ours went to Broadway I had to come back east for rehearsals, previews and opening night. I stayed in a hotel the first time. Then I rented a condo a few times. Until I finally said enough already. I'm moving back to be closer to Broadway. It will be a lot easier to rent a place when my musicals do their two cities  runs before they go to Broadway. Than renting a place every time my new musicals come to New York City. Besides I realized I'm a New York at heart. Also deep down inside I wasn't very happy living in Palm Springs. It way to celebrity for me. Also it's way more gay than San Francisco is. That's probably why people think I'm gay said Barry. Like Francisco said Palm Springs is the gay capitol of US. Francisco is the owner of Frisco's Mexican Cantina. A lot of gays go to his restaurant to eat. I went there a lot too. Good Mexican food said Barry. I got to get going talk to you soon. I love you sweetheart said Barry. I love you too said Carly.

No comments:

Post a Comment