Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Getting Ready For The Big Day



Carly and Barry went to the new Cutler  saloon location in Williamsburg Brooklyn.  Both of them wanted to try out new hair styles before the big day. At least now neither one of them wouldn't have to go into Manhattan to get their hair cut and styled anymore. Carly wore her light brown hair to her shoulders. Carly always had to pull it back in a ponytail. So she saw this cute short cut on an African American woman and took the photo in to see if Cutler's stylist could give her this same cut.  Then she wouldn't have to pull her hair back when she worked. She had already shown the photo to Barry who said he loved it because it was cute and sassy. Barry decided he wanted a new style. Barry liked this one hair style he saw on Google under men's hair styles. So he went to the actual website where the photo was and printed it out. He took it with him when he and Carly went to the new Cutler's saloon in Williamsburg. Unlike Brain Murphy Barry didn't have a receding hairline nor did he have any bald spots or hair plugs. Brian had a receding hairline and a bald spot on the back of his head. Man was his hairline receding and his bald spot getting big. Pretty soon his bald spot would be bigger than  Prince William's bald spot. Carly loved the length of Barry's new hair style.  After they got their hair styled Barry suggested they go to the Brooklyn Bowl for dinner. Barry told Carly they had the best fried chicken in New York City. Off they went for fried chicken. Once they got there Barry said we should do a little bowling while were here. Ok said Carly I do know how to bowl. My dad is a great bowler. He's on the Bronx Zoo's bowling team. He wanted me to join. But I can't since I never know when I'm needed at the zoo. I've gone to the zoo at all hours of the night to take care of sick animals. Or when one of our expecting mothers is ready to deliver her baby.  Right now Jake Brooks the number two veterinarian is on call while I'm busy hanging out with you said Carly. We take turn being on call on the weekends. There's me, Jake Brooks,  Zak Meyers, Jamie Lee Anderson, Bradley Rodgers and Bruce Evans. Every six weeks I'm on call for the weekend said Carly. Just then Barry's iPhone rang. Barry hit answer and said hello. Marc it's Marc sorry to bother you. That's ok said Barry. What's up he asked. You haven't heard the latest have you said Marc. No said Barry. Well Brian Murphy canceled his One Last Time Tour. No he didn't said Barry. Yes he did said Marc and boy are his fans pissed. I was over on Facebook to check out your page, At the top of the Facebook home page I saw all  of this fans bitching. Then I went to Brian's personal Facebook and it was even wore over there. Complaining about canceled date and the platinum packages they were supposed to do. How could he do this to us the day before his tour started. Oh yeah his One Last Time tour started tomorrow in Omaha said Barry. I'm finishing rehearsing for mine said Barry. Oh the other reason I called was tell you that the first leg of your Brooklyn Blues  tour is completely sold out. Really said Barry. Yes really said Marc. In the display cases that flank the doors to the venues your playing there are "SOLD OUT" stickers across your tour poster. I found that out when  I started getting phone calls from venue managers wanting to know if you could add dates. I had to tell them no. But I said maybe at a later date Barry could come back. So this leg of your tour is SRO (Standing room only)  I'm dome making the phone calls I needed to make  said Barry. Oh said Marc so you called mayor Bill de Blasio,. Yes said Barry then I met with him, Mitchell J. Silver park commissioner and Doug Blonsky.  We discussed my using The Grand Lawn for a July 4th concert. The concert will be free the fans and the general public. I'm doing the Fourth of July concert with the New York Philharmonic orchestra. Plus special guest Dave Koz and Curtis Stigers.  I've already talked to  talked to Matthew Van Besien the executive director of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra.  Matthew Von Besien loved the idea of backing me up on  the Fourth of July. This coming week me, the band and the orchestra are going to practice at the Metropolitan Opera house for the July concert. I got the orchestra the sheet music for the concert. Mayor de Blasio  said we can use the lake behind reservoir behind The Great Lawn for the small boats with the fire works. That will go off  during Let Freedom Ring and One Voice. I better go said Barry I'm here at the Brooklyn Bowl with Carly. We're just finishing dinner and now we're going to bowl a few games. Give Carly my love said Marc. I will said Barry. So what did Marc have to say said Carly. He said pop singer Brian Murphy canceled his entire One Last Time tour. Oh he did said Carly. Yes said Barry and boy are his fans pissed. when you consider his first show was tomorrow night in Omaha. I wasn't a fan of his said Carly though I've heard of him. What about the venues he was going to do said Carly. I'm sure they're not to happy that he canceled his tour. Yes I'm sure they aren't too happy considering he was playing arenas like the Barclay Center in Brooklyn on June 17th. The other thing Marc mentioned was that the first leg of my tour is sold out. From Seattle March 6th to New York City June 20th.  That's wonderful said Carly. Then I'm doing one more concert and that's going to be a free one on Saturday July 4th in Central Park. The concert will be on The Great Lawn. I'll have the New York Philharmonic orchestra backing me up. Then I'm having  special guest Dave Koz and Curtis Stiges perform with me on stage. Sounds wonderful said Carly. I wanted you there that night. Of course I'll be there said Carly or have you forgotten I was a huge fan of yours before we met on the Today Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment