Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lunch

After doing her laundry Abby got ready to meet Samantha for lunch at the Carnegie Deli. When Abby got there was Samantha waiting for her. The waitress seated them. Samantha said you've got to try the Barry Manilow. What's that said Abby. Samantha said it's a sandwich with marbled rye corn beef, Swiss, lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo. OH you mean Barry Manilow has a sandwich named after him. Yes said Samantha he has a sandwich named after him. Sounds delicious said Abby. So that's what she ordered. Samantha ordered the  Bette Midler which was pumpernickel, turkey, provolone, lettuce, tomato, onion and mustard. As they were eating Samantha noticed these guys walking in. OMG  said Samantha. Turn around slowly. Which Abby did. In walked Barry Manilow and another guy. Barry saw Abby and walked towards her table. Hi Abby said Barry. Hi Barry said Abby. OH Samantha this is Barry Manilow. Barry this is my BFF Samantha Griffin. Samantha Griffin said Barry. Your not by any chance related to Darin Griffin are you? Yes Darin is my husband. I know your husband Darin said Barry. Darin produced the Harmony Broadway cast album back in 2014. Darin said he'll be glad to produce your next Broadway cast album said Samantha. Darin loved working with you on the Harmony cast album. Oh am I forgetful said Barry. This is my manager Marc Hulett. Marc this Abigail Stern the girl I was telling you about. Oh hi Abigail said Marc. Hi said Abby back. This is Samantha Griffin my BFF said Abby. I'll have to get another copy of my latest coffee table book for Marc and it will also be autographed.  Well we need to go to our table said Marc. Nice to meet you ladies he said. Damn said Samantha he's cute. I mean gorgeous. And you've got a date with him next week Abby? Yes said Abby I have a date with him next week. I'd hang on to him if I were you said Samantha.  Samantha he's not my boyfriend said Abby. Well he should be she said. What are you trying to do fix me up with him. Um you do need someone in your life beside your dog Charlie. We'll see said Abby. What do say we go shopping. I know you need some new shoes for next week said Samantha. So off they went to do some shoe shopping. Marc said Abigail is very beautiful. You know you need someone else in your life beside Maggie and Max your labs. Marc are you trying to get me to date Abby. Um maybe I am said Marc. You know it's lonely being by yourself. All you do is eat, sleep and drink music. You need something or someone else in your life. Think about it said Marc. I guess said Barry as he took a bite of his sandwich. Just then who walks in but Brain Murphy and his manager Jon Carson. Marc said don't look now but Brian Murphy just walked in. Man does he dress tacky. He's even worse than Elton John was back in the seventies.

No comments:

Post a Comment