Thursday, August 22, 2013

Who's That Girl?

Yes Who's that girl? Barry wondered as she walked towards him.  She too had one of those fried cinnamon apple donuts and a cup of coffee. She asked if it was ok to sit there. Barry said yes. Barry not wanting to be rude said Hi I'm Barry Manilow. Oh hi I'm Abigail Stern but my friends just call  me Abby for short. Hi Abby it's nice to meet you said Barry. So what do you do? said Barry Abby replied I'm a travel photographer. I go all over the world photographing interesting places. Then I put the photos in coffee table books. My latest book is called The Back Roads Of America. It comes out next month. Give me your address and I'll sign a copy for you. So Barry gave Abby his address. OH so you live over in Brooklyn Barry said Abby. Yes I do said Barry. I live  in SOHO said Abby.   I live in a loft. I have an extra room that I use as my dark room for developing my photos. Now I know what you do said Abby. You're a Broadway songwriter and composer. I've seen everyone of your musical on Broadway. I was even in the audience at Radio City when Copacabana won for Best Musical in 1998. I remember you, Bruce and Jack giving your speeches. Jack saying holy mackerel it's for real. Bruce said man that's heavy and you just saying thank you. So I heard that your musical Harmony is now a movie musical produced by Cameron Macintosh. Yes said Barry the premier is next month here in New York. Then in November my musical Hare At The Mayflower opens at the Richard Rodgers theatre here in New York. Then after the Here At The Mayflower opening night I'll need a vacation somewhere. If it wasn't cold I'd go to Nantucket but it will be in December. So I'll have to go somewhere else. Abby said you ought to go to Key Largo or Key West both of which are in Florida. You can rent a house to live in while you're there said Abby.  What's next for you?  asked Abby after your much needed vacation. I'm not sure said Barry. I was thinking about a musical about a rock star who hides behind this cover. I do have one song already written called "He's A Star." Which is what I might called the musical. That song was written with Enoch Anderson. So the two of us might get together and create that musical. Don't you just love those fried cinnamon apple donuts? said Barry. Yes said Abby they are super. I hear the owner of the truck is getting an actual store in SOHO. You're kidding said Barry. No said Abby The owner wants to branch out and make other kinds of donuts. Like maple pecan, blueberry crumble, pumpkin spice, chocolate walnut and etc. He also said something about bagels and biscuits. Raisin cinnamon is my very favorite said Abby. Oops it's two pm and I need to get home said Abby. Charlie is waiting to go out I'm sure. Charlie  is my two year old beagle. OH you have a dog too said Barry. I have two black Labrador Retrievers named Maggie and Max. It was nice meeting you Abigail said Barry. It was nice meeting you too said Abby. OH one little thing said Barry I need a date for the Harmony movie premier next week. Would you consider going with me as my date asked Barry Yes said Abby I'd love to go with you to the premier.

No comments:

Post a Comment