Sunday, March 26, 2017

What's News?

What's News? Well there was a major snow storm that hit the Midwest and the eastern half of the country. Barry and Carly had left New York at the beginning of March. Barry still wanted a home on the west coast. However he did not want to get another home in Southern California.  Barry basically felt uncomfortable in Palm Springs. He found out from Marc that is was wildly known around town that Barry was gay even though he wasn't. So whenever he went out anywhere guys would look at him. In 2004 Barry decided to sell the hose in the Mesa. The house sold quick since his friend pop singer Brian Murphy wanted to buy it. Luckily Barry had already found the townhouse in Brooklyn Heights. Besides Barry spent to much time flying back and fourth from Palm Springs to New York City. He was very glad he moved back to the east coast. New York City had an energy that Palm  Springs lacked. New York City also fit Barry to a T. Since Barry was always full of energy. Barry figured New York ran throughout his blood. Yet Barry still love California's laidback lifestyle. Just the lifestyle in Southern California. That was why Garry moved up to Northern California. Because he actually hated Southern California with a passion. Since his management company was located in Inglewood that's the only reason he stayed down there. But after he chose to retire that's when he moved up to Northern California and the wine country. Marc thought Garry was going to buy some land to start a vineyard. Get into growing assorted types of grapes to make his own wine. Now the property Garry and Denise bought had vineyards on it. They had a part of the backyard right off the back patio fenced in so they could put up an play set for their grandkids. As well as their brothers and sisters grandkids. Barry asked Carly what she thought of buying a second home in San Francisco. We will be within driving distance to Garry and Denise's and Neil and Adrienne's homes. Then we'll have to invite Enoch and Marty up for a visit. That sounds fine to me Carly said. Barry suggested they go there for a vacation. While there we can look at some homes that are for sale. Meet up with Garry, Denise, Neil and Adrienne for dinner somewhere. Now I want to go by Amtrak said Barry. That would be the Lake Shore Limited to Chicago with a short layover. Then the  California Zephyr to Emeryville. A shuttle bus will take us into downtown San Francisco. Sure why not said Carly.  Oh by the way said Carly some of my friends were complaining about Brian Murphy's three shows only residency. How does doing three shows constitute as a residency? Well Brian could never say no to his fans said Barry. Whenever they starting begging for Brian to come to their city to do a show. What does he do? He goes out on on tour to given them some shows. No wonder he's totally burned out. Where as I know  how to pace my self and take time off. Which is why I never had to say no to my fans since my fans aren't always begging for me to come here and come there. That is why I can still do a two hour concert with a twenty minute intermission. I also saw his fans complaining on his Facebook page about him playing Nassau Coliseum instead of the Barclay Center said Carly. You were able to sign a contract to play the Barclay Center before Brian Murphy did. You know first come first served said Barry. When he decided to do three one night shows I already had the Barclay Center spoken for. I needed to connect with Billy Joel and Kenny G. That's so we could do the jazz version of Billy's song New York State Of Mind. On that song it's both me and Billy playing piano and Kenny G. playing sax. Billy loved my jazz arrangement of his song.  I wanted to put this album out in 2015. However I could never find the time when me, Billy and Kenny could record the song New York State Of Mind. Instead I put out Barry Manilow The New York Pops Orchestra Putting It Together The Songs Of Stephen Sondheim. You fans have been bugging me for another Broadway show tunes album. I wanted to pay tribute to my favorite Broadway songwriter Stephen Sondheim. That came out on two CD's and two vinyl LP's said Barry. Barry and Carly had a wonderful time in San Francisco. They did meet up with Garry, Denise, Adrienne and Neil. Also they got to see Marty as he was in San Francisco on vacation too. Barry, Carly, Garry, Denise, Adrienne, Neil and Marty all went out for Chinese in San Francisco's Chinatown. The restaurant was one Garry and Denise had been to before. I changed jobs said Carly. You mean you're no longer a veterinarian? asked Garry. No I'm still a veterinarian said Carly. I just don't work at the zoo any more. I decided after 34 years of being a zoo veterinarian I go into private practice. Open my own veterinary hospital. I'm calling it Brooklyn Pet Care Veterinary Hospital. Jeff Houston who worked at the zoo with me is also going to work at the hospital. I hired six other veterinarians to work at Brooklyn Pet Care.First thing I did was to check the hours of all the veterinary clinics and hospitals in the area. That was so I could set hours that better benefited Brooklyn Heights pet owners betters. A lot of the veterinary clinics and hospitals in the area don't open till 10AM. So I decided to have hours from 8AM to 8PM Monday thru Friday and 8AM to 1PM on Saturdays. That's to give pet owners in the neighborhood more options. Some people work days, some people work afternoons and some people work midnights. Dr. Ken Andrews our family vet retired at the beginning of this year. So we needed somewhere else to take our dogs to. Now they'll get to see Dr. Jeff Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment