Monday, March 6, 2017

Now What

Barry just finished a sold out show in Toronto at Air Canada. He was off until Monday February 6th when he was doing another sold out show this time at the Videotron in Quebec City. Then he had just one more sold out show on Wednesday February 8th at Centre Bell in Montreal. He would be seeing Carly and her BFF's Kathy Rooney Henry and Rita Zucker before the show. Barry was going to take the ladies put to his favorite Montreal restaurant for dinner his treat. Now this month on BTV Barry was putting up something the fans had never seen before. Back in the 1980's Barry got to go on the Calypso with Jacque Cousteau to the Galapagos Islands. Prior to going Barry took diving lesions so he knew how to use diving equipment. Going with Jacques Cousteau is what gave Barry his sense of adventure. It started him on doing some more adventurous things. Like  camping, diving, hiking, mountain biking and ETC. Barry wasn't the one who got motion sickness. That was Brian Murphy who got that way and always wore the beige bans on his wrists. That's what also drew Barry to his wife Carly.  She had such an adventurous sprit. Carly loved to do lots adventurous stuff like biking, camping, diving, hiking and mountain biking. Then there was her love of all kinds of animals. Once Barry got home he was taking a much needed break. His new album My Kind Of Town Chicago Is was being finished. The album was  coming out on April 25th. Barry was doing an album signing at Barnes and Noble on 1130 State Street in Chicago. Also a album debut at the Park West that evening. Barry had talked to Brian Murphy about Brian doing what Billy Joel has been doing since 2014. Billy Joel was established as the forth franchise at Madison Square Garden with the Knicks, Rangers and the Liberty. Instead Brian could do it at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. That way his fans could still see him perform on stage. Since he was tired of being on the road. Barry wasn't ready to give up being on the road just yet. He was also hard at work on his coffee table book called Barry Manilow On The Road In Pictures. Barry wanted to add photos and memories from his surprise arena shows and his summer sheds tour. Barry had heard from Marc that Suzanne was telling everyone how upset I was that Hillary Clinton lost the election. I told Marc that Suzanne must have thought I voted for her. Well my political preference is my business only not everyone else's. I haven't talked to her since 2015 when she told everyone I was gay and I married Garry. Garry is married to his second wife Denise. They moved to Northern California and they live in the Napa Valley area. In fact Garry's runs into Neal and Adrienne Anderson a lot. When I did Matt Sutton's radio program  a fan named Sharon asked why I didn't pass out glow sticks? I  told her I don't pass out glow sticks because I went to a Brian Murphy concert where they passed out glow sticks. His fans were shaking glow sticks during the beginning of his show and one of the glow sticks flew out of a fans had and hit another fan in the head. Carly thinks glow sticks are juvenile. Barry last Canadian concert was another sell out. He surprised the Montreal fans by singing  a song off his new album  My Kind Of  Town Chicago Is. He told them that back in the late 60's one summer Jeannie Lucas got a part in the Pajama Game in Chicago. He went to Chicago with her. He took one class in orchestration that Julliard didn't offer at DePaul University. He also got a job at Henrici's Restaurant and Tap Room in the Merchandise Mart. He went on further to explain that there was a bar around the piano where patrons could sit. The patrons could put money into a brandy snifter then they could ask me to play a song for them. I also played at Mr. Kelly's with Bette Midler when I was her piano player and music director. He gave the fans at Centre Bell three encores. After the last encore Barry left the stage. He had told the girls at dinner to stay put after the show. He said he knew a place that served decadent treats and he would take them there after the show. They do a s'mores fondue that's to die for. You get a burner for toasting marshmallows. Two dishes one with milk chocolate and the other with dark chocolate. Plus a dish of graham crackers. So off they went after the show for the decadent treat. While we waited for you some fans told us they heard a radio interview that Suzanne did. They said
she told the host that you missed living in Palm Springs and hanging out with all your gay friends. I moved back east because I spent more time here than I did out there. It was a waste for me to fly back and forth all the time. Besides I'm closer to all the action that happens here in New York. I still have everything I need here in New York. I have a floor dedicated to my at home office and recording studio. The dogs have a decent back yard to run in. I'm not that far from the nearest dog park where the dog can really run around. There are many great restaurants to eat at. None of us who use to live in Palm Springs live there any more. Garry and Denise Kief live in Santa Rosa California. Which is north of San Francisco. Marc  Hulett and Andrew Stevens live in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York. As for my songwriting partners. Adrienne Anderson lives in Mill Valley California. Enoch Anderson lives in Malibu California. Marty Panzer lives in Sherman Oaks California. Bruce lives in Tribeca Manhattan NY. Jack Feldman lives in Pelham Gardens Bronx NY. In fact Pelham Gardens is the neighborhood that Carly grew up in. Carly told me when there was no snow on the ground her dad road his bicycle to work.  I  just found out that Stiletto Entertainment is adding an east coast office. Kristen Kief asked Marc to take over the New York City office.  Marc asked David Taylor to take over as my manager. Marc said I need to find myself a new personal assistant which I just did.  My new assistant is Eric Bernstein. Eric use to be jazz artist Matt Hicks' personal assistant until Matt
decided to retire from  the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment