Sunday, March 12, 2017

Facebook Post March 10th

Hi Gang It's me again Barry your fearless leader. Vikki and I had put together a New Years Eve weekend in Seattle WA. However we found out the venue we were going to use was already booked. So I went looking for somewhere else to have our New Years Eve weekend. I found out the Oracle Arena in Oakland was empty for Saturday December 31st. So  I snatched it up. Then I got the Westin St. Francis Union Square for our fan clubs New Years Eve weekend. The Westin St. Francis Union Square is located at 335 Powell St. We are limiting the number on fans to 1,000.  Our New Years Eve weekend starts on Friday December 29th. Check in starts at 1PM in the Tower Salon A. Hotel check in is at 3PM. Starting that evening we're having a New York pizza party which starts a 6PM in the Grand Ball Room. Then at 8PM we will have video night. Everyone will get to see the New Years Eve concert plus ninety minute extra. After that there will be an ice cream Sunday bar. On Saturday December 30th we will have a deli lunch. After that it's Barry Bingo with bingo caller me. The last bingo game is where you fill up all the squares on your card. The winner of the last bingo game wins a trip down under for the BMIFC 2018 Convention in Melbourne Australia. The BMIFC Australian Convention is from Thursday June 14th through Sunday June 17th. We will be staying at the Crown Metropol.On Sunday night before the concert there will be a birthday dinner at the Palladium Events and Conference center at the Crown Towers During the convention I'm doing two nights at the Rod Laver Arena on Saturday June 16th and Sunday June 17th. The bingo prize package will consist of the convention package tickets to both concerts and airfare. That evening we'll have an Italian buffet. Then after dinner it will be a Q&A with my songwriting partners, my co-producer Eddie Arkin and me. Sunday December 31st. well have our usual brunch and the Q&A with just me answering your questions. That evening will be the New Years Eve banquet. I'm coming to that also. Then we'll board buses to go to the Oracle Arena for my New Years Eve concert. I've invited some very special guests. saxophonist Kenny G. and singer Melissa Manchester. Kenny G. was a label mate on Arista Records. He's now a label mate on Concord Records. Melissa Manchester was one of the original Harlettes who backed Bette Midler. She is also a very dear friend. We will start taking request for the New Years Eve Weekend In San Francisco on Friday March 17th. You can either sign up on line at the Barry Net. Or you can call Vikki to reserve your spot. Also a great big thank you to you guys for
all your suggestions for stuff the fan club can do. Plus suggestions for album ideas. Until I see some of you on Tuesday April 25th at the Barclay Center and The BMIFC Denver Convention in July 5th through July 9th.
Take Care,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment