Sunday, July 10, 2016

Facebook Post July 10th


Hi Gang
It's me Barry having a blast here in merry old England. The Palladium shows are going great. The shows are sold out every night. Great news US fans I'm hitting the road once again. This time I'm playing the outdoor sheds. MANILOW LIVE kicks off on June second at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield MA. The tour ends at White River Amphitheatre in Auburn WA.  And yes I'm going to brave the bugs once again.  There are only two cities where I'm doing more than one show. Denver
Colorado July seven, eight and nine. Those shows coincide with the BMIFC'S Denver Convention Wednesday July fifth thru Sunday July ninth. During the convention we are going to have a barbeque in place of the formal sit sown dinner. Red Rocks has picnic areas where you can eat. I'll also being doing a Q&A after the Sunday brunch. If you signed up get your questions ready.  The other city is Los Angeles July twenty third, twenty fourth and twenty fifth. Now the Los Angeles Philharmonic orchestra will on stage with me for those three show. Right now Carly is here for a week. Carly left last Friday on Delta Airlines flight 310.  Tuesday July twelfth we'll celebrate our first wedding anniversary. You know there is someone for everyone. You may not find them right away. But be patience and there they are. Just look at me I was sixty eight before I found the right one. That was by accident. I was on Good Morning America November two thousand eleven with Adrienne, Enoch and the cast of 15 Minutes. We were there to talk about our musical 15 Minutes which was opening that night. Also on that day was suppose to be two zoo keepers from the Bronx Zoo. One of the zoo keepers had to have emergency surgery.  So Dr. Carly Simon took the zoo keepers place. Carly is head veterinarian at the Bronx zoo. She and Tom Kelly were on before us. So I could watch their segment from off camera. I took one look at her and thought wow. On Monday of the next week I went to the zoo to invite her over for dinner. So here I am five years later a happily married man.  Getting back to the music Carly quickly figured out where Meet Eddie and Who Is The Show Man? fit in to the picture. Meet Eddie and Who Is The Shadow Man? are two songs going on my new album. The album is coming out on Sunday November thirteenth fifteen years to the date the prequel came out. The prequel was Here At The Mayflower  which came out on November thirteenth two thousand one. My songwriting partners and I knew there were many more stories to tell about the tenants. Some tenants still had more of their story to tell. Some tenants hadn't even begun to tell their story. Meet Eddie is about Eddie Martinez the new elevator operator. Freddie was the  elevator operator in the first album.  Freddie's got the dirt on every body on the street. Don't know how he did it was he wasn't to discreet. One day when Freddie was walking home bada bing bada bang bada boom Freddie was dead. He got shot in the alley way on his way home from work. Finally everyone will know  who the Shadow Man is. Who Is The Shadow Man? tells you who the Shadow Man really is. It's not me because my life has always been open. The Shadow Man happens to be a recording artist named Jake Nash Jake was the main character in my two thousand eleven musical 15 Minutes. Jake is a guitarist, singer and songwriter. Jake got fame when he was in his early twenties. Lost fame in his late twenties when he took to the bottle. He lost the love of his life because of that. Finally in his late thirties after climbing the latter once again he got the fame back. Here At The Mayflower II (Many more stories inside.) Yes more stories from the Mayflower apartment build  in Brooklyn New York. Ok UK fans I've got something for you too. After I finish my Palladium run on August twenty eighth I'm staying over here because my latest musical Here At The Mayflower will be opening at the Palladium on Friday September second. The entire Broadway cast is coming  Joe Bologna Joe, Lorna Luft Esther, Diane De Garmo Diane Parr, Ace Young Kenneth Stone and the rest of the cast. Their understudies have taken over the Broadway show. What I did was audition new understudies for the Broadway production. Here's the MANILOW LIVE cities and dates list. Tickets will go on sale starting in January of next year. I have a new ticket system in place.  Eventful just didn't cut it. Fans were still having trouble getting their tickets. The new ticket agent is called Manilow Tickets.  You can either go to the fan club website or my Facebook page to find out how to get tickets. You can get tickets either online or calling a number to get tickets. Just so you know my website is down for a face lift. Well it's time to go make dinner. I'm making sesame chicken tonight. I can just imagine your mouths drooling right now.
Love and kisses,
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment