Sunday, May 8, 2016

Barclay Center Brooklyn Sunday April 17, 2016

Barry and Carly had tickets for Brian Murphy's One Last Time concert at the Barclay Center. They had pretty good seats in the third row right of center. The house light dimed and his intro number started. Out came Kye Brackett, Sharon Hendricks and Melanie Taylor singing the who who who's. Which was the start to It's A Miracle. Out came Brian to sing "You wouldn't believe where I've been the cities and towns I've been in. From Boston to Brooklyn and every town in between." He then did the up tempo version of Could It Be Magic. Daybreak, This One's For You, Somewhere In The Night and Looks Like We Made It. Back in the seventies when I was just starting out I was given songs by the head of Bell Records. The songs were written by a songwriter named Barry Manilow. Who is in the audience tonight. So maybe if we clap loudly enough we can get him to come up here on stage. That's what they audience did they clapped very loudly and chanted Barry Barry Barry. Barry got up out of his seat and went to where he could go up on stage. Everyone my dear friend who wrote songs  for me and produced my early albums Barry Manilow. When Barry Manilow walked onto the stage he got a standing ovation. Yes back in the early seventies Barry helped me out. I can sing but I don't write songs nor did I do any producing of albums. Barry , his songwriting partners and Ron Dante helped me out. By writing songs for me and producing my early albums. That began our  friendship which has lasted for a long time. Now where are the Guinness Guys? asked Brian. Out came two guys from the Guinness Book of World Records. They're here tonight to present a special Guinness Book of World Records. It's a first time the Guinness Book of World Records people have ever given this world record out. This Guinness Book of World Records is for the first Broadway songwriter to ever have four musicals on Broadway at one time Barry Manilow.  There's a revival of Copacabana at the Gershwin Theatre, Harmony Marquis Theatre since two thousand three, 15 Minutes Palace Theatre since two thousand eleven and Here At The Mayflower Broadway Theatre October of two thousand fifteen, If your in New York for a little longer check out one of his fantastic musicals. So after the guys gave Barry his Guinness plague. Brian asked Barry if they could do a duet together. Barry said sure. Brian and Barry did a duet on Turn The Radio Up from Here At The Mayflower. Soon the show was over. Carly told Barry she wanted to make a quick stop at the ladies room. Good idea said Barry. I think I'll hit the men's room while we're still here. One inside one of the ladies room stalls  Carly heard a familiar voice. Carly knew it belonged to Suzanne Somers. So she stayed in the stall until she knew Suzanne was gone. Once she came out another person said look what I got. I got Suzanne Somers autograph. The girl mentioned that Suzanne said that Barry Manilow was here with his partner Scott Nevins. Some other fan came out of a stall and said oh really. Suzanne told you that said the second girl. Yes she did said the first girl. Interesting when my friend Laurie saw Barry with a woman. Laurie said they were holding hands as they were going in with an usher to find their seats.  Laurie and I happen to be fans of Barry Manilow's as well as Brian Murphy. Barry got married last year to his fiancĂ©e veterinarian Dr. Carly Simon. Barry put his entire wedding video on his M-TV site last September for all us fans to see. So I don't know where Suzanne Somers got her information from. Barry's  fans know that Scott Nevins has had the major hot's for Barry for a long time. Scott would like nothing better than to have Barry as his husband. Not going to happen ever said the one fan. Carly left the ladies room and saw Barry. She told him everything that happened while she was in the ladies room. Barry said to Carly come on lets get out of here before we're spotted by Suzanne and Scott. Once outside the Barclay Center Barry hailed a cab. He gave the cab driver the address of the place where he wanted to go for an after concert drink. Once at the restaurant they were seated by a window. Barry ordered two appetizers onion straws and sweet potato fries. He also ordered two glasses of merlot. While I was in the ladies room stall I heard Suzanne's voice. So I waited till I didn't hear her voice any more. Then I came out of my stall. When I came out one fan showed me the piece of paper with Suzanne's autograph on it said Carly. The fan then told me that Suzanne said Barry was here with his partner Scott Nevins. That's when another fan Janet came out and stood on the other side of me. She said oh yeah! My friend Tracy saw Barry going into the main floor holding hands with a woman. That Janet said her friend Tracy figured that the woman was his wife. The fan on my left said what wife? He doesn't have a wife he's gay.  Janet said he's not gay and yes he has a wife. The fan on my left went out in a huff.  The other fan said she sure believed what Suzanne told her. All us Manilow fans know all about Scott Nevins and how he has the major hot's for Barry. Also all of us fans find Scott Nevins  discussing. Actually I think he's ugly said Janet. I'm Janet what's your name? I said it's Carly. Janet said fans are so happy that Barry got  married. Barry and Carly were enjoying their late night munches. When Carly said don't turn around but Alan, Suzanne and Scott just walked in said Carly. Thank God we're sitting out on the glass enclosed patio said Barry. It looks like they got seated way over near the bar said Carly . Which is a good thing because we will be able to leave without them seeing us. I made a list of places we should go for this years vacation. I'm not really doing much of anything this coming fall said Barry. I'll be busy at the end of December with my concerts at Radio City Music Hall. Wednesday December twenty eighth thru Sunday January first.  Remember that was the puzzle I put out for you fans to solve last year. All money from the five shows is going to charity.  I was thinking we should go in either September or October. As for places to go I'm thinking we should go by Amtrak again. I really enjoyed the train ride we took last year for our honeymoon said Barry. So where would you like to go Carly? he said. Hum! thought Carly. Let me think about that. Now I do want to go on Amtrak again said Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment