Friday, March 11, 2016

Home Again

Barry had been on his iMac doing some looking over on Facebook. What the he double hockey sticks said Barry. Did I say this was my last tour. No I did not.  I started the Brooklyn Blues Tour last year. Leg one began February tenth and ended on June twelfth of last year. I did three shows in NYC. The Carnegie Hall benefit, the PBS Great Performance taping and the fan club members only concert at the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park. Then I took time off to get married to my fiancĂ©e Dr. Carly N. Simon. Honeymooned in Montreal and Quebec Canada. Went on Good Morning America with my songwriting partners and the cast of Here At The Mayflower in October. Spent Thanksgiving in the Big Easy New Orleans with Carly. Stayed at home for Christmas and New Years. This year so far I've been to LA for the Grammy Awards and I hosted my first ever Grammy party. Then I'm off to London the last two weeks in May to rehearse for my three month Palladium run. I am coming back to the US June sixth thru June fourteenth for the Tony Awards. I'm performing with the cast of Here At The Mayflower. That musical might just be up for some Tony Awards this year. Then it's  New Years Eve in New York City at Radio City Music Hall Wednesday December twenty-eighth thru
Sunday January first. I canceled my Barry Manilow Friends and Fans Cruise. I guess I have to many fans who get sea sick. Because not enough fans signed up for it. Now I'm also working on a new idea for an album for early two thousand seventeen. I'm targeting February fourteenth of next year. Maybe that's Brian Murphy who's not going to tour any more. Brian did tell me he was thinking about going back to headlining in Las Vegas again said Barry. So maybe that's who the fans were talking about Brian Murphy not me. I'm in the planning stages of the next leg of my Brooklyn Blues Tour for two thousand seventeen. It's the summer sheds tour. From the  Xfinity Center in Boston to the AK-Chen Pavilion in Phoenix. And of course I'll be traveling by tour buss again. I already have four  Newell  Porsche Coaches two thousand fourteen. They have my Barry Manilow Brooklyn Blues Tour logo on them. I'm getting another coach. This one is a Dynamax dx3 It's smaller than the Newell Porsche coaches are. I have my ten piece band, three backup singers, me and my PA David Taylor. I decided to splitting to band and Kye into two busses. Sasha Thomas, Kate Michaels and Melanie Nyema get the third buss. The fourth bus is for Ken Newman sound, Seth Jackson lighting, Andy Mason tour manager and Cameron Kelly wardrobe. Me and David Taylor will be in the Dynamax dx3. We'll take turns driving form city to city. The sheds tour is June, July and August of two thousand seventeen. I've already printed out calendar pages for June, July and August. That's so I can put the cities on the correct days I'll be playing them. This time I'm starting from the east coast Boston MA and going to the west coast Phoenix AZ. Prior to the sheds tour I'm going across Canada from Quebec to Vancouver in March. Garry suggested that I tour across Canada the same way I toured last year from Seattle to Philadelphia. I had a blast doing that road trip last year. You know I'm kind of liking the tour bus idea. You get to see more of America that way. Now we'll have to get the tour busses ready for Canada in March. Also the sheds for June, July and August of next year. Just then phone rang and Barry picked it up. Hello he said. Hello Barry it's Garry. What's up Garry? asked Barry. Well I heard Clive Davis is collaborating with Johnny Mathis on a concept album. Really Clive and those concept albums said Barry. Marc called early and told me fans were bitching about my no one under twenty
policy at my shows. I'm an adult contemporary jazz artist not an artist who sings songs for the under twenty crowd. I told Marc that I think fans do that so the artist will never retire from performing. So here's a new generation of fans that want to see you perform. However this new generation is way to young to understand the messages in the songs.  Carly, Janice, Kate and Vicki went to see Brian Murphy at the Barclay Center on Saturday night. Carly called me after they got there to tell me the lobby was crawling with kids. Yes you heard me right kids. Loads of mothers brought their kids to Brian's show. A fan named Debbie who was sitting next to Vicki. Thought it was so cute when Brian sang Can't Smile Without You with an eight year old named Emily. Barry told Garry he was going to let him go so he could fix dinner. So what's on the menu? asked Garry. Burgers on the grill with the fixings and German potato salad. Just then Carly walked in. Garry's on the phone said Barry. Hi Garry yelled Carly. Barry then hung up the phone to get dinner started.

No comments:

Post a Comment