Monday, January 19, 2015

Ring Ring

 
 Barry had just came in from taking Max and Maggie out. He took off his jacket and opened the closet. He found a hanger and hung the jacket on the hanger. He closed the closet. He then went up to the third floor to his home office.  He dialed up Marc Hulett's number. The phone rang and Marc picked it up. Hello Marc this is Barry he said. Hello Barry what's up. I was thinking about giving eight lucky fans a week they'll never forget. Oh said Marc and what pray tell were you thinking about doing. Well Barry said I was thinking about giving the eight lucky fans a week in New York City all expenses paid by me. They will come in on Sunday June 14 and stay till Sunday June 21 when they will all head for home. Sunday they will get to go to the Manilow Music Project Benefit concert at Carnegie Hall. Monday will be a free day. Tuesday evening it's dinner with me and a Broadway show of my choice. I was thinking since it's still on Broadway my musical Here At The Mayflower. Wednesday daytime tour of my home borough of Williamsburg Brooklyn. Wednesday evening Radio City Music Hall show number one. Wednesday after the show they're being  invited to my birthday party at the Copacabana. Thursday evening City Music Hall show number two. Friday early morning Today Show summer concert series on the plaza. Friday night Radio City Music Hall show number three. Saturday Radio City Music Hall show number four. On Sunday June 21 is when they'll leave to go home. Right now I'm going through the fan club membership list to find eight fans who joined the Barry Manilow Fan Club before it became international. Then from that list I'll find my eight fans said Barry. It's my way of saying thank you to eight fan club member who have been with me from the beginning. Just then Barry saw something over on Facebook. Oh gees said Barry. When did these ladies discover me? I know they're fans of Brian Murphy's. Because I saw them hanging by the stage door after one of Brian's Madison Square Garden shows. This was  back in May of 2011 during his Ultimate Hits Tour. Marc asked what are these ladies saying. One fan named Kristy Smith mentioned she can't wait to see me in Chicago at the Chicago Theatre. Then this other person Dana Thomas said she can't wait to see me at the Chicago Theatre too. Then her friends  Stacy Williams, Gabriel Francis and Barbara Lewis commented to her post that they couldn't wait to see the Ultimate Super Mega Star Sex God. BARRY MANILOW.  Now w hen did I become the Ultimate Super Mega Star Sex God? said Barry. I've always been Barry Manilow to my fans. Not BARRY MANILOW mega star. Yesterday I talked to Alicia Galay the fan club director . Alicia said that we got a huge influx of new members. She said to be exact that sixty-five new people who joined the fan club. She said all sixty-five of them were women. Alicia mentioned that two of the ladies who joined also  purchased front row tickets to ten of my shows. She said they bought tickets to the Chicago Chicago Theatre three shows, Pittsburgh Benedum Center three shows, Atlantic City Borgata Music Box Theatre twelve shows, Mashantucket Foxwood Grande Theatre three shows, Boston Wang Center two shows and New York City Carnegie Hall benefit one show, Metropolitan Opera House one show and Rose Theatre three shows. That's a total of twenty-nine shows. The thing is Alicia said that Dana Thomas who called for Chicago, Pittsburgh and Atlantic City said she wanted four tickets front row dead center for each show.  That's twelve tickets for three shows in Chicago, twelve tickets for three shows in Pittsburgh and forty-eight tickets twelve shows for Atlantic City. That's a grand total of seventy-two tickets. Then Stacy Williams called  for twelve tickets for three show in Mashantucket , eight tickets for two shows in Boston, four tickets for the Carnegie Hall benefit, four tickets for Metropolitan Opera House and twelve tickets for Rose Theatre. That's a grand total of forty tickets. So seventy-two plus forty equals one hundred and twelve front row dead center tickets for twenty-eight shows. Alicia said the front row seat tickets for Chicago, Pittsburgh, Atlantic City, Mashantucket, Boston and New York City are gone. She told both ladies that the front row seats were gone for all the cities they asked for. Both girls said you haven't sent out tickets yet have you. Alicia  told them no. Each girl said to her when they called just give us those seats and give the fans who called for them seats elsewhere. Alicia said she can't and won't do that. Give other fans front row seats to these two fans who want them. I suggested she give them nose bleed seats for all twenty-eight shows. That would be the last row of each venue. Fans who just joined my fan club can't expect to get whatever they want. When they do it after tickets have been on sale for a while. Oh one other thing said Barry. What said Marc.  I'm changing venues for the new York City shows. You're what said Marc. I'm changing venues for the four New York City shows not the Carnegie Hall Benefit. Why are you doing that said Marc. Why because I found out that Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga have already booked Radio City Music Hall for their Puttin' On The Ritz concert tour. Their playing Radio City Music Hall Tuesday June 16 through Saturday June 20. So what are you going to do said Marc. Well you know I hate arenas so I won't play Madison Square Garden or the Barclay Center. Yes I know that you hate arenas said Marc.  You're not canceling the New York City shows are you asked Marc. No said Barry I'm not canceling the New York City Shows. I got a phone call from PBS said Barry. You did said Marc. Yes they asked me to do a concert for their Great Performances concert series. Really said Marc. Yes really said Barry. Plus they've asked me to do the show American Masters which is a biography show. I told them yes to both shows. So the Wednesday June 17 show will be at the Metropolitan Opera House which seats 3,00 people. While the Thursday June 18, Friday June 19 and Saturday June 20 shows will take place at the Rose Theatre which seats 1,233 people said Barry. That's super said Marc. The Wednesday June 17 show is being taped for PBS's Great Performances. Then the Saturday June 20 show is being taped for PBS's new series Jazz At Lincoln Center. I'm the artist PBS picked for their inaugural show. So for Saturday June 20 I get to do an all Jazz concert. Now I'm still going with the eight lucky fans week. Now they'll get to be a part of the Great Performances and Jazz At Lincoln Center tapings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment