Sunday, January 11, 2015

Holy Mackerel Again!

Holy Mackerel Again! said Barry as he was talking to Marc in his home office. Marc was telling Barry about how Darin Marko Brian Murphy's manager was giving  comp tickets to fans who went to either the 2008 or 2010 Brian Murphy International Fan Club conventions in Las Vegas. Well Darrin Marko is way too domineering said Barry. You never mix business and pleasure said Marc. Which is exactly what Darrin Marko does said Marc. Oh really said Barry. Yes really said Marc. You knew that Darrin Marko and Brian Murphy were partners. No I didn't know that said Barry. But then I don't keep tabs on everything Brian Murphy does. Put it this way said Marc when you're both a manager and your clients  partner that doesn't mix to well. Also they're talking about your personal business again. They are who? asked Barry. The tabloids said Marc. This weeks Globe magazine has the "Who's Gay And Who's Not" story for the umpteenth time. There's a decent photo of you which is fine But and they figure you're gay. Barry thought rolling his eyes not again. Barry said I could tell them the truth  but they would say I was lying. So I just ignore them said Barry. Just then the phone rang. Barry picked it up and said hello. Hello there you said Carly. Well hello there you back said Barry since he knew who it was. Who you talking to?  asked Marc. Carly Simon said Barry. Do you want to say hello to Marc said Barry. Ok said Carly. So Barry gave Marc the phone. Marc said hello Carly.  Carly said hello back to Marc. Barry. Marc Hey Carly how are you doing said Marc. Fine said Carly. So what's new with you? asked Marc. Well I'm  back at work said Carly I spent Christmas and New Years with my family.  I'll let you finish talking to Barry said Marc . Marc gave the phone back to Barry after he said goodbye to Carly. Barry said I'll talk to you later Carly. Next week I'll be in LA to promote New York State Of Mind on  Ellen DeGeneres, The Late Late Show with James Cordon and The Talk Don't forget Barry have a safe trip said Carly. I will said Barry.  I'll let you get back to whatever you were doing said Marc. Ok said Barry. But you know what I was doing. No said Marc. What were you doing? I was making salsa to go with the tortillas. I'm making Mexican tonight salsa and tortilla chips, paella, and chocolate chili cake. I'm going to try my hand at sangria for the drink. Who you having over asked Marc. Some friends said Barry. He wasn't going to tell Marc it was just one friend. Actually it was his best friend Carly Simon. Who was Carly Simon?  She was the same Carly that Marc talked to earlier. Carly Simon was the head veterinarian at the Bronx Zoo. Carly had always loved animals especially giraffes and elephants  Carly met Barry Manilow when they both were on the Today Show. Barry went back into his kitchen to finish cooking dinner. Because Carly was coming over soon. Carly was Barry's best friend. She was someone Barry could easily talk to for hours on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment