Monday, April 9, 2018

Barry Manilow One Voice in Central Park.

Hi Friends
It's me Barry. I can hear you already saying "But  Barry isn't this a little too early to be announcing this?" No not really it isn't to early to announce this. A concert in Central Park for the summer of 2019. So "Come Monday" June 17, 2019 I'm doing a concert in Central Park. Sorry for the Here At The Mayflower pun friends. I'm doing a free concert on the Great Lawn in Central Park to thank all of my friends. It's just my way of saying thank you for all your support over my entire career.  I've chosen the largest of the three open spaces for my one night only concert. That is the Great Lawn which is 55 total acres. Previously other recording artists have used the Great Lawn 55 acres, North Meadow 23 acres and Sheep Meadow 15 acres. Sheep Meadow is called Sheep Meadow because sheep used to roam on that part of Central Park. Other recording artists who have used Central Park for a one night only concert are Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, Diana Ross, Simon and Garfunkle, Elton John, Garth Brooks, Paul Simon, Daryl Hall and John Oats, Edie Brickell, The B-52's and The Dave Matthews Band.  Everyone who's done a concert in Central Park did theirs for free. Which is what I will be doing next year. Above is the ad for my Central Park concert for next year. I decided the perfect way to celebrate my seventy sixth birthday was being with my friends in Central Park making music. The reason I'm telling you about the concert next summer is so you can post three song from my vast collection. Your three song along with everyone's three songs will be put together in a list. Then I will pick enough songs to do an entire two hour concert. Yes there will be audio and video guys there to record and tape the concert for a CD/DVD combo. Which later in two thousand nineteen the CD/DVD combo will come out as a two disc box set. My latest 1943 British American Gastro Pub in London England  will open ahead of schedule. It was suppose to open in April of two thousand nineteen. Instead it will be opening on Saturday August twenty fifth two thousand eighteen. On that night the gastro pub will be closed to the general public. However it will be open to BMIFC members. Just show your BMIFC membership card to the person at the door. Friday August twenty four is the night the UK restaurant critics will be their to critique my gastro pub. I'm adding two US favorites and a Canadian favorite to the menu. The US favorites are called an Awesome Blossom or a Blooming Onion and hot wings. The Blooming onion is a large onion that is cut down almost to the bottom. It is then batter dipped and deep fried. It's opened up to look like a bunch of flower petals. In the center is a ramekin filled with spicy dipping sauce.  The hot wings is chicken wings covered in vegetable oil and salt. They're deep fried and after they're deep fried they get coated in Buffalo wing sauce. Buffalo wing sauce is made with butter, vinegar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and hot sauce. The Canadian favorite called Poutine. Poutine consists of French fries, cheese curds and brown gravy The gravy is chicken, veal or turkey. Some people who make this dish add pulled pork. Instead of the gravy they use barbecue sauce on it. You UK fans will love these three appetizers. Of course at my two 1943 British American Gastro Pubs in New York City we serve your deep fried Snickers Bar. The chefs and I are still working on some other deserts. If you have some desert recipes. Send us the recipes for them so we can put them on our menu. Can't wait to see you UK fans in August.
Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment