Wednesday, December 28, 2016

It's Christmas Time.

Barry was invited to perform at the Jingle Bell Ball on Sunday December 18th.  The Jingle Bell Ball was taking place at the Edison Ballroom. The invitation said black tie only and you had to RSVP by November 18th which Barry did. There would be a cocktail hour, followed by dinner, entertainment and dancing. The night had come. Barry was wearing his Joseph Abboud tuxedo with a white shirt, tie and loafers. Carly was wearing an ankle length red dress with a black lace overlay by Alberta Ferretti and black heels by BGTERE. Both Barry and Carly were wearing wool overcoats over their evening attire. Barry and Carly were going to the ball with Eddie and Kelsey Arkin and Marc Hulett and Andy Somers. Now Andy Somers was no relation to actress Suzanne Somers. Eddie sprung for the limousine. The limousine picked up Eddie and Kelsey first. Then it came to Barry and Carly's home. Across the Williamsburg bridge to pick up Marc and Andy. They would meet Bruce Sussman and Rob Schuter  there. Once there everyone checked their over coats. Then they went to find their table. all eight of them were sitting together at the same table. Barry, Eddie, Marc and Bruce went to get the drinks. What's on the menu? asked Bruce. Barry said first course is your choice of spinach salad or French onion soup with dinner rolls. The main course is rack of lamb with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. For desert there will be cheesecake with raspberry sauce or chocolate molten lava cake with whipped cream on top. There will be baked salmon for those who don't like lamb. Vegetarians will get a grilled vegetable platter. Back at their table Eddie asked Barry since your performing what songs are you going to sing? I'm singing Silver Bells, I'll be Home For Christmas and River. Kelsey excused her self and said she was going to the ladies room. In the ladies room she heard a familiar voice. Now don't tell me she's here thought Kelsey. Kelsey finished in the ladies room and was going back to her table. She heard the same voice she herd in the ladies room. So she looked to her left and saw her. I thought that's who I heard in the ladies room. When she got back to the table she said while I was in the ladies room I heard a familiar voice. I thought don't tell me she's here. Once I left the ladies room to come back to our table I heard that voice again. When I looked to my left and there was Suzanne. with her hubby Alan. Now I wonder if she brought Scott Nevins with her and Alan said Rob. Those two lately seem to tied at the hip so to speak said.  She wears the same makeup said Barry. It's an overly smoky eye and very peachy lipstick. Was she wearing her favorite style of dress? It's either above the knee or to the ankle off the shoulder dress with a slit up one side of the dress. Yes it was a floor length off the shoulder dress with a slit up one side. The color was navy with some sequins sais Kelsey. To wear a skin tight dress like that you need to wear spanks said Marc. Spanks replaced panty girdles said Carly. I am so glad I don't need to wear a panty girdle or spanks said Carly. As cold as it is out there and she wore an off the shoulder evening gown with a slit up one side said Barry. Now if the ball was taking place in Los Angeles or Palm Springs. I could see wearing the gown she wore. But this is New York and it's December when it's cold outside. But that's Suzanne said Barry. She loves to show off her smoking hot body. I like showing off my body but I also like to stay warm in the winter said Carly. Before I got married one Saturday Macy's had their monthly makeup day. Once a month on Saturday at Macy's in their cosmetics department they show you how to apply your makeup. I stayed after the makeup session was over. I explained to CJ the cosmetician that I was getting married next month. I asked her what kind of makeup would look on my wedding day. CJ asked me what kind of dress was I wearing? So I pulled out my cell phone and showed CJ my wedding dress. It was by one of my favorite designers Alberta Ferretti. CJ said oh so you're going with a bohemian look. I said yes I was. She showed me how to do a natural look for my wedding. Since I had never been married Barry felt I deserved a real Jewish wedding. That's what we did on Sunday July 12,2015. We were married at 61 Chelsea piers at the Sunset Terrace. We did have to deal with Scott Nevins trying to stop us from getting married. When he couldn't stop us he came to Montreal to see if could ruin our honeymoon. No luck there either. After we got back from Montreal he tried one more time and failed again. Dinner ended and it was time for the entertainment. Barry was up first. He opened with Silver Bells, I'll Be Home For Christmas and River.  A few other artists came up to perform. Then Barry came back out to do a few more songs. Barry, Debra, Shelly and Dana did Jingle Bells. Then he and Debra did Baby It's Cold Outside. Barry then mentioned he had written a new holiday song called Christmas In New York which he sang. Finally the evening ended and everyone went home. After Christmas Carly was on the internet when she saw that there was an earth quake in California. She sent Barry a quick text message to let him know about the earth quake. Barry then made a quick call to Garry to see if he and Denise were ok. Which they were. His family was up at his house in the Napa Valley. That was Rob and Susan. Adam and his family. Chris and his family. Kirsten and her family. Garry told Barry the earth quake was further south and slightly west in Nevada somewhere near Lake Tahoe. Carly saw that there was an earth quake out your way on the internet. So she let me know about it. We got another dog said Barry. another dog said Garry. How many is that now? he asked. Barry that's five. Max my Labrador Retriever. Abbey and Bialy sisters who are Weimaraners. Allie a Hungarian Vizsla a rescue from Brooklyn Animal Resource Coalition. Charlie a Labrador Retriever mix from Magic Mission Beagle and Hound shelter from Buffalo New York. Now the big news is we bought the farm said Barry. You bought the what said Garry. The farm. Yes the farm said Barry. it's a four bed, three and a half bath farmhouse just outside of Lake Lucerne New York. The house sits on fifteen acres. It has a large building that was once and animal shelter. It will be that again said Barry. It will be Charlie's Home For Life Dog Sanctuary. A place where dogs can have a forever home. Then maybe get adopted by a family who wants to rescue a shelter dog. We'll have to have you and Denise come out for a visit he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment